nirma institute of mgmt

hey guys, does anyone have any idea abt what the cutoffs for instis like nirma,welingkars wd be?are the scores and cutoffs really this low?! i did terribly but going by some of the cutoffs put up…it seems like i still stand a chance with the ot…

hey guys,
does anyone have any idea abt what the cutoffs for instis like nirma,welingkars wd be?are the scores and cutoffs really this low?! i did terribly but going by some of the cutoffs put up..it seems like i still stand a chance with the other instis(other than the iims!).please do tell me coz the last date for applying to nirma isn't far away! :shock:

Hi Suhas, where ru from?

Welingkar and Nirma are in a same league.... as hey say, B / B+

Placements are OK...

Biggest recruiter of Nirma is Pidilite...

I expect that a net of 45-48 will be enough..... thats what I think.... considerinig that I know some ppl peresonally... students I mean....

U can apply.... Its the quality of placement thats more imp. than raw % alone...

I wud rate them avg. to good

SHYGUY

hey thanks a lot shyguy.
well,i didn't do tht well so i was kinda hoping tht i could get into the second rung of instis with decent placements.the PS section ruined my paper . :oops: so,going by the cutoffs...i shd get over 40! i guess can still apply to them and give it a try! what say? 😐

definately...

even poor me expecting just 55 odd.... have to get in some place... though if lady luck smiles.... who knows...

best of luck...

SHYGUY

hey,i m from the city where frustratingly, every second person i meet on the street seems to have given CAT this year---yeah,mumbai ! the worse part being that everyone seems to have attempted over 110 questions and i really can't figure out whether the cutoffs really fall as low as 48(acc to TIME)!
well,55 is a pretty rocking score! lady luck isn't gonna just smile at u...she is gonna beam! i guess u shd get atleast 2 calls from the iims.the cutoffs given in all the websites r pretty confusing..and thats making it tougher for people like me to come up with a decision.i m torn between the thought of going through all this again(give the damn exam again!) or just apply to instis like nirma and hope that i make it !
best of luck to u mate.u r through to a gr8 mgmt career! 😃

hey guys! i'm desperate. as per ims ans key, here's my score (dismal to say the least) :

Sec I - 23 (attempts 33)
Sec II - 12.5 (attempts 15)
Sec III - 8.75 (attempts 15)
Total - 44.25 (attempts 63)

i've applied to :
IMI
NIRMA
MICA
MDI
MDI-HR
SPJAIN

what are my chances? pls reply asap.

no work ex. consistent acads though not scintillating. 83% Xth, 73% XIIth, 75% grad. fresher.

cheerio!

hey guys! i'm desperate. as per ims ans key, here's my score (dismal to say the least) :

Sec I - 23 (attempts 33)
Sec II - 12.5 (attempts 15)
Sec III - 8.75 (attempts 15)
Total - 44.25 (attempts 63)

i've applied to :
IMI
NIRMA
MICA
MDI
MDI-HR
SPJAIN

what are my chances? pls reply asap.

no work ex. consistent acads though not scintillating. 83% Xth, 73% XIIth, 75% grad. fresher.

cheerio!

SweetGirl,

As per my analysis, you can expect IMI and NIRMA. MDI-HR as a new course can't say. Still I am doubtful about that. MDI-Regular/MICA -- I do not see a chance.

With regard to SPJ, if your essays are good and SPJ's next list is without considering CAT scores (Which I doubt), then you can expect. Otherwise even SPJ is doubtful.

Sorry to disappoint you. Try for work ex after grad or join colleges like NIRMA or IMI which can help you get a decent job imm after MBA.

Good Luck

Sameer