NIRMA(IMNU) -2009-11 Admission Queries

Hi all , CAT form sales are over and colleges have started coming out with their admission forms. IMNU will soon float their admission forms.I have seen many people posting in old NIRMA threads to get admission information of 2009. Post on this…

Hi all ,
CAT form sales are over and colleges have started coming out with their admission forms. IMNU will soon float their admission forms.I have seen many people posting in old NIRMA threads to get admission information of 2009. Post on this thread to get your queries answered. I hope we guys at Institute of Mgmt , Nirma University will be able to help prospective students. Keep checking IMNU website :bigear:
http://www.imnu.ac.in/www/index.asp

Hi Manish,
Can you share the average CAT score of your batch and what is the percentage of fresher vs experienced?
Thanks

Hi Manish,
Can you share the average CAT score of your batch and what is the percentage of fresher vs experienced?
Thanks

Hi Surya,
Average CAT score of our batch is around 96 percentile, though the CAT cut off was 91 percentile but except few most of students have about 96 percentile. We have people even with as high as 99.81 percentile. The batch have around 60% people with substantial work ex, 30 odd students with work ex of more than 2 years and as many as 40+ with work ex ranging 1-2 years with reputated companies.

Its good that Manish has already begun this thread.

Some facts:

CAT Cut-off last year:

91 percentile with 50 percentile in each section OR 95 percentile with no sectional cut-offs.

Average Salary: 7.08 Lakhs/ Per Annum
Highest Salary: 9.5 Lakhs/ Per Annum

Work Exp. to Freshers Ratio: 3:2

Please shoot your queries now. 😃

Which specialztions are there . What is the course frees. What companies recuit from Nirma . Which is the flagship Specialzaton.

jain.er Says
Which specialztions are there . What is the course frees. What companies recuit from Nirma . Which is the flagship Specialzaton.

Specializations offered are:

Finance
Marketing
HR
IT
International Business
Operations

Course Fee:

Approx. 2.25 Lakhs P.A (Including Hostel and Mess charges). This may increase this year onwards keeping with the trend across B-schools.

Recruiters:

Recruiters / Student's Profile

There is no concept as flagship course here. Although, a high percentage of people opt for Finance and Marketing. 😃
jain.er Says
Which specialztions are there

Specializations offered are
1)Finance
2) Marketing
3) HR
4) Operations
5) IT

You require atleast 10 students opting for a particular specialization, otherwise it is not offered as a major specialization

. What is the course frees.

It is around 5.5 lakhs in total for 2 years
This includes Hostel, Laptop, Tutuin fees, Mess fees as well as books fees.
In short, this is t he total amount that you will pay for your stay at Nirma.

What companies recuit from Nirma .

Some of the major recruiters are Delloite, Irvena, E&Y;, Infy, TCS, Vodafone, Idea, Hindalco, Citibank, Accenture, IBM, HP, Vedanta etc...

Which is the flagship Specialzaton.

There is nothing like a Flagship Specialization. But as other colleges, Finance and Marketing steal the show.

By when will d forms b out and will they have to b submitted b4 cat???wats d cost of d form

By when will d forms b out and will they have to b submitted b4 cat???wats d cost of d form

The forms will be out soon.
we cant give you a specific date right now, but they should be out in about 10 days time.
last year the cost of the form was 1100, so this year i hope it will be somewhat around the same.

how is the mba in family business program at nirma works?
whts the eligiblity criteria?
and do they include this people in the placement?
how good is this program?

i have ma plannings to mba,work for 2 years and thn join ma dad business...WILL THIS PROGRAM BE WORTHY FOR ME?

how is the mba in family business program at nirma works?
whts the eligiblity criteria?
and do they include this people in the placement?
how good is this program?

i have ma plannings to mba,work for 2 years and thn join ma dad business...WILL THIS PROGRAM BE WORTHY FOR ME?

Hi ayush,
The FB program of IMNU is one of its kind in india with a focus on entrepreneurship. IMNU conducts its own admission test followed by GD and interview for total of 60 seats. The course structure is simlilar to other MBA programs except second year where they specialize in family business. As per my knowledge goes family business students are not part of placement activity. The FB students are going on China tour of 15 days this weekend. I would this program is worthy, decision lies in your hand
ATB:satisfie:

Finally the dates are out for admission into IMNU.

Cost of Application: 1500/-
Sale of Application starts from October 13, 2008.
Last date of submission: November 17, 2008.

For further info:

Admissions, IMNU

if people want to go in the placement,than r they allowed to sit in?

ayush123 Says
if people want to go in the placement,than r they allowed to sit in?

Hi ayush123,

I didn't get ur question exactly.

Actually placements @ IMNU are decent with an average of around 8lakh+ pa. And the institute holds a record of 100% placement.

I guess this is your answer.
Hi ayush123,

I didn't get ur question exactly.

Actually placements @ IMNU are decent with an average of around 8lakh+ pa. And the institute holds a record of 100% placement.

I guess this is your answer.

With admission forms out now and will be available in IMS centes and Axis bank across india from 13 october, i assume these kind of queries will come up again and again. I want to correct the info given by pawan, average placement at IMNU is 7.05 lakhs ( this is placecomm cell figures ) and highest being 9.5 lakhs. As the profiles of the students are improving we expect to improve these figures this year and in coming seasons. The profiles student gets in placements are of same quality as some other students in other top 20 B-schools like IMT, IMI, TAPMI etc are getting. IMNU is among the top 25 B-schools in india and consistently rated A+ by many B-school surveys, browse the earlier pages of thread for more info.
Outlook has come up with Best Bschool Survey 2008

Check out the link

Top 50 in India

Top 50 B-Schools : outlookindia.com

Top pvt B schools
Top 10 : outlookindia.com

Median Salary Top 10

Top 25: By Domestic Median Salary : outlookindia.com

regarding FBE (family business and entrepreneurship) queries,
its a 2 year full time course . its not compulsory for the students to stay at hostel, students getting admission in this course are not allowed to sit for placements (i suppose that the course is meant for creating future entrepreneurs)
and regarding foreign visits,
1/3rd of the batch is going to US
1/3rd to CHINA
and rest will visit different states of INDIA
and learn the business skills over there.
i think all your queries must be solved by now,
for further queries do post.

first of all thanks to all u guys...i knw FBE is is meant for creating future entrepreneurs...but i really want to get some work experience(dng a job for 3-4 years) before i get into ma business...so if i want to get placed after ma course...than will they help me?
do i need to submit sm other documents?(like ma dad's balance sheet..or sm other extra papers..thanks again...

first of all thanks to all u guys...i knw FBE is is meant for creating future entrepreneurs...but i really want to get some work experience(dng a job for 3-4 years) before i get into ma business...so if i want to get placed after ma course...than will they help me?
do i need to submit sm other documents?(like ma dad's balance sheet..or sm other extra papers..thanks again...

The institute doesn't aid you in placements if you join the FBE course. However, considering your requirement, you should probably apply to the normal Full Time course. This will help you getting the placement as well and give you the required education too.

as deep said the full time would certainly be a better bet for you than the family business course...but u do need to work up ur grey cells little more for getting admission in the full-time course.....