NICMAR (National Institute of Construction Management and Research),Pune

There have been many questions about NICMAR on PG. To answer few of them and to channelize other questions regarding college or course, I am starting a new thread here. NICMAR is the only institute offering “Advanced Construction Management” (AC…

There have been many questions about NICMAR on PG. To answer few of them and to channelize other questions regarding college or course, I am starting a new thread here.
NICMAR is the only institute offering "Advanced Construction Management" (ACM) and Project Engineering Management" (PEM) courses for the engineers only. (Architects are eligible for ACM).

NICMAR was established in 1983 by Indian construction industry and have study center outside India too. NICMAR is recognised by Government of India as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation - SIRO.

From this year Institute is planning to start a new course "Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure Management"

Institute conducts its own entrance exam for the admission process. A valid GMAT,CAT,XAT or GATE score also accepted so that candidate would be exempted fro written exam.

You can have more information on website www.nicmar.ac.in

Regards
Mandar
NICMAR student

hi where can i get nicmar sample entrance question paper.

kannan921 Says
hi where can i get nicmar sample entrance question paper.

Hi Kannan
I will post sample paper within 2 days

Regards
Mandar
Hi Kannan
I will post sample paper within 2 days

Regards
Mandar

Hi Kannan
I am not able to attach sample paper. But I can give you brief idea about the exam paper. Question paper is divided into 4 sections, namely DI,VA,QA and GK. for data intepretation you can use calculator. Pattern of DI,VA,QA is like pattern of CAT three years before. You can have look at them. In GK section questions from diversed field are asked. If one is preparing for other exams also, it will help to crack NICMAR exam.

Regards
Mandar

thanks a lot gorhemandar
do u hav any idea how tough the paper be? like will it be tougher than CAT? i haven't taken any entrance test. is it possible to get a good score in 1 month?

thanks a lot gorhemandar
do u hav any idea how tough the paper be? like will it be tougher than CAT? i haven't taken any entrance test. is it possible to get a good score in 1 month?

Hi Kannan
Yes it is definitely possible to get good score in the NICMAR's entrance exam with the preparation of one month.
I would suggest you to go through CAT question papers of year before 2006. (Last year NICMAR paper pattern was based on that). And after taking CAT and NICMAR test I can tell you DI and QA(maths) of NICMAR are easier than CAT but VA (english) is at par with CAT of 2005 or before.
But do not take tension, major advantage is you can use calculator for DI (we used last year). Time allocated is more with respect to CAT but there is additional section of GK.
With month's appropriate preparation one can definitely get good score in NICMAR test.

Regards
Mandar

hii.. i wanted to know as to where can i download the nicmar question papers from.. also what is the standard of this test.. as in is it as high as cat ?? and is it enough that im preparing from normal aptitude books.. which are strenghtening by basics for sure..but dont know how far its sufficient to crack the nicmar paper.. or should i prepare from cat books..?? im really confused as of now..

supriya.mn Says
hii.. i wanted to know as to where can i download the nicmar question papers from.. also what is the standard of this test.. as in is it as high as cat ?? and is it enough that im preparing from normal aptitude books.. which are strenghtening by basics for sure..but dont know how far its sufficient to crack the nicmar paper.. or should i prepare from cat books..?? im really confused as of now..

Hi Supriya
As NICMAR do not publish its previous papers, it's not possible to download NICMAR exam papers. But definitely difficulty level of the NICMAR exam is lower then CAT exam as a whole. You can read my previous post in the same thread for the section wise comparison of CAT and NICMAR test.
For any other query don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Mandar

Sir How is the placement for "PEM" course at Nicmar since last two year.
If u can tell bottom salary also than it will be more helpfull.
Thanking u

Thanking u

Hi arsinha
PEM course is relatively new course but still its placements are at par with ACM. This year's placement procedure is not completed yet, so it is not appropriate to say anything right now. Last year procedure was completed within 2 days.
I will definitely update you when official statistics are released by college.

Regards
Mandar
Thanking u

I am not sure if i am answering exactly. There are lot of constrution professionals in Construction & Planning community and there current jobs can give some idea

hi,
can anybody tell me what was the cut-off score for cat/mat exams taken by nicmar....
plzzz
thanks

hello every one,

i am new 2 this community. i want to get some information about National Institute of Construction Management and Research (NICMAR) (campus - hyderabad, pune).

MY questions are..
1) how are these colleges? i mean , are these colleges r good enough 2 pursue post grad. there?
2) how r the placements of these colleges?
3) what are the prospects of structural mba in india ?
4)when are the exame conducted by these institutes?
5)are there any more colleges for pursuing structural mba?

sir i have some queries regarding:-
1. cut-off score in cat or xat for nicmar.
2. fee structure for the full course.
3. placment of both hyderabad and pune campus.

Hi guys........ to currnet NICMARians.......... i hav scored 92%ile in XAT n saw tat it is accepted in NICMAR....... but the thing is tat i wrote test in Jan 2009...... will dis be accepted in NICMAR??

HI,
I AM DARSHIT FROM RAJKOT,

recently i have completed my electrical engineering in june 2009 with aggrigate 62%

am i eligible for NICMAR?
AND work experience is compulsary to get admission in NICMAR?

hey
could you upload here any sample papers of nicmar?

thanks

hii i'm in my final yr architecture, have applied for NICMAR ACM course... i would like to knw regarding the syllabus n all for da NICMAR entrance... as its ma first entrance for PG have no idea regarding da pattern for da entrance n regarding any books to b referred it wud b really helpful if someone cud help me with it......

hi seniors,
i need some input on this! i have been working as a software consultant for almost 5 years now! i have applied for the PEM course @ NICMAR for the 2010 intake...now, given my IT workex how feasible will this course be for me? i completed my B.E. in Electrical in 2004 & have always dreamt of working in a core engineering company...will this course be able to provide me with the breakthrough that i am looking for?
also, is there any current student @ NICMAR with similar credentials? looking forward to hearing from you!!

thanx