Newcastle Upon Tyne(UK) MBA Admits 2009

Hi I have an admit from Newcastle University for Sep,2009 entry. Has anyone else has gotton through? Also, can anyone let me know how good is this University? Is it good enough for me? My Profile: Exp. 40 Months by the time I join…

Hi

I have an admit from Newcastle University for Sep,2009 entry. Has anyone else has gotton through?

Also, can anyone let me know how good is this University? Is it good enough for me?

My Profile: Exp. 40 Months by the time I join(SE at Infy)
GMAT: 710

Thanks
AS

hii...
I have also got an admit to newcastle university for general mba...i am very interested to know how is the ocurse and what weightage will be given after the completion of the ocurse...What is its global ranking?Is it worth persuing mba from there?
Any efforts towards helping me with the required details will be higly appreciable...

thanks
Tishan

hii...
I have also got an admit to newcastle university for general mba...i am very interested to know how is the ocurse and what weightage will be given after the completion of the ocurse...What is its global ranking?Is it worth persuing mba from there?
Any efforts towards helping me with the required details will be higly appreciable...

thanks
Tishan

Hi Tishan,

According to my research this University is not worth taking risk at this point of time or rather at any point of time. Due to economic recession even the likes of LBS and Oxford are finding it tough to place its students, so it will be really tough at Newcastle.

But if you have less than 1 year of exp. and want to come back to India then it may well be fine, but again getting a job in India will be really tough.

hi sumit,
Thank u for ur reply.....
Even i have done a lot of R&D; about these colleges...I have 32 months of experience as of now...yes u right that the scenario is really very bad...but will it remain the same when we pass out in 2010?do u know how is the quality of teaching in newcastle?Its an AMBA...in one ranking I saw it to be within 100....its a old college...did u apply in ne other colleges?

hi sumit,
Thank u for ur reply.....
Even i have done a lot of R&D; about these colleges...I have 32 months of experience as of now...yes u right that the scenario is really very bad...but will it remain the same when we pass out in 2010?do u know how is the quality of teaching in newcastle?Its an AMBA...in one ranking I saw it to be within 100....its a old college...did u apply in ne other colleges?

I have no idea abt the quality of education, but the collge doesn't seem to have a very good brand name.

Well right now, the situation is really bad and it might me better next near, but i doubt if it will be good for international students even next year.

I had offers from Bradford and Durham besides Newcastle and have deferred my admits to 2010 session.

hi,
Even i feel u have done the right thing....2 yrs frm now the scenario will improve...did u deffer all the offers?I think bradford is the best among the unis u got ..neways even i feel i will do the same...
Thanks a lot for the info......

regards
tishan....

Hey people I am currently a student of the University of Newcastle and on the MBA course, if you have any queries feel free to mail me on [email protected]
I think I can guide you'll .....cheers!!!

did you end up joining UK MBA ?
I have newcastle/sheffield/southampton admit for 2010 batch....
confused...whether to opt for any of these schools..
my profile 4 yrs IT exp, gud academics, no GMAT

Hi there, ya I completed my course last year, If you wish U ask me any questions you can mail your questions at [email protected]

Hi Pranay,

can you please enlighten PUY's interested in Newcastle MBA 2010.
Everyone here would require your input regarding following points -

1. Placement data of Newcastle MBA passouts ( some idea about where whre students fetch jobs, average CTC)

2. How good is Newcastle as a place to study, how is MBA programme content, how is attitude of the teaching staff

3. How is NEwcastle degree seen in UK ..

Hi Pranay,

can you please enlighten PUY's interested in Newcastle MBA 2010.
Everyone here would require your input regarding following points -

1. Placement data of Newcastle MBA passouts ( some idea about where whre students fetch jobs, average CTC)

2. How good is Newcastle as a place to study, how is MBA programme content, how is attitude of the teaching staff

3. How is NEwcastle degree seen in UK ..

Hello Mate,

I have got offer letter from Northumbria University for MSc Business and Management, from Newcastle University for Dual Masters Award in Advanced International Business and Management. I am expecting an offer letter from Lancaster University too for the MSc in Management and Marketing. I am also having an interview scheduled next week from EADA for Masters in International Management program. I hope to get an offer letter from EADA too.

Can you please help me in choosing the right course?

My profile: Xth - 73%, XIIth - 84%, BE (E&TC;) - 66% (First class with distinction, University of Pune),10 months full time experience, 15 months internship during engineering.

I run my own private limited software company (responsible for Business Development and Strategic Planning). I am looking forward to work at UK for 1 year after MSc/MBA.

I have not given GMAT.

Please tell me which course is better among these and if possible please throw some light on their career prospects too. Thanks in advance.