New Syllabus for NASEOH - Mumbai Service

Its been a long time since I started a thread but thought I will start one just to keep the junta aware of the work we are currently doing at NASEOH. NASEOH has a new batch of students once in every 6 months. They have a pre-set curriculum a…

Its been a long time since I started a thread but thought I will start one just to keep the junta aware of the work we are currently doing at NASEOH.

NASEOH has a new batch of students once in every 6 months. They have a pre-set curriculum and now, we are planning to integrate Computer Basics/ Internet and Spoken English skills in that curriculum. And right now, we are working on the syllabus part of it. We have delegated work to all the members of MLCS team and each of us have some or the other work as of now. 😃 What we plan to do is - Split the batch in half.. the first half will take Comp classes while the other half will be learning English during the same time. Then a reversal...

First 2 classes were Basics of Computer and we had some fantastic material churned out by our dear Geetu & Akshat. Last 2 weeks were only that. However, some of our older batch students were interested in Spoken English and hence, some of us worked with them. I have picked up Rapidex Book (Hindi to English) and Spoken English Book.

I hope our team is looking into the Computer stuff for this weekend. Through this thread, we can discuss the specific issues with regards to the Syllabus.

Last nite, I sat down with the Rapidex book. Heres what I came up with -
Each English class get 3 sets of notes - 1) Day to Day English 2) Conversations 3) General

1) Day to Day English - Rapidex has notes for each day till the 60th day or so. We can cover at least 2 days per class. Go in length into these lessons & teach the students. This might take about 1/2 hr. :-)
2) Conversations - We can make these students read the conversation .. something like role-play!! :-)
3) General - This has some basic stuff like, Speeches, Abbreviations, Numerals etc. They can work through these during the week & polish their general knowledge!! :-)

I have taken 30 copies of each set. Hopefully that will be fine!! 😃 So, what say everybody!!!!!!!!

good job... ...

nice work keep it up

Guys, Thanks for being sweet.. but i was looking at some solid inputs...

Okai, Mumbaiyya gang... whats with the Comp lecture this weekend!! ??

Simbaaaaaa

Simba did you get the book from Roan Clark?

Okai, Mumbaiyya gang... whats with the Comp lecture this weekend!! ??

Me n Puneet are going to teach them Office
Will coordinate with puneet about the material...

-Akshat

@ ALL : Any non- role play / situation ideas for teaching English ?? In particular ... stuff u've tried and thats worked ?

This is for Akshat alone : The session starts at 1:30 on Sunday
D e e p t i Says
Simba did you get the book from Roan Clark?

I did Deeps!!! Thats exactly what I said in the NL thread (that I owe a big contribution to the NL!). I need to sit & make a decent article for the newsletter. It will mostly be a series... I need to check out when the next newsletter is in store!! 😃 we will communicate via PM, dear!!

Cheers,
Simba

Any activities scheduled for me for Sunday, Simba?

Will coordinate with puneet about the material...

-Akshat

dude , according to syllabus , our thing starts on 27th feb , little too much hsah ...

Guys,

I seem to have misplaced the doc file I made :huh: Do I have any work this weekend?? Let me know... Pls... (I mean, apart from the 'Angrezi' stuff)

Simba

Guys,

I seem to have misplaced the doc file I made :huh: Do I have any work this weekend?? Let me know... Pls... (I mean, apart from the 'Angrezi' stuff)

Simba

The syll says you never have any non angrezi work

Allwin, Vivek ( and maybe Wayne ) would continue with comp basics and internet. We - english.

You have to come this weekend... to tell us about the Fuqua Alum intrvw

The syllabus says comp basics only for first 2 lectures.
ie Comp Basics till 30-th Jan.

After that the next module of Comp starts.
Besides, we have already covered all the material that was there in the material.

So what else is there to cover in Comp Basics.

1 more thing. I know this is not the right place, but still I couldn't resist.
I got a call from XLRI. :smile::smile:

See you all on Sunday.

The syllabus says comp basics only for first 2 lectures.
ie Comp Basics till 30-th Jan.

After that the next module of Comp starts.
Besides, we have already covered all the material that was there in the material.

So what else is there to cover in Comp Basics.

Hmm.. Thats what I was thinking!! Now, internet starts.. for which we have old notes.. but some order should be brought to those!! Dont remember to whom I delegated that part.. or did the buck come to me... Vish.. check out pls!!!

1 more thing. I know this is not the right place, but still I couldn't resist. I got a call from XLRI. :smile::smile:

See you all on Sunday.

Coolioooooooooo......CONGRATS, See.. u come to our gang & u start seeing results 😉
Now, internet starts.. for which we have old notes.. but some order should be brought to those!! Dont remember to whom I delegated that part.. or did the buck come to me... Vish.. check out pls!!!

Computer Basics - Geetu / Akshat

Internet Basics - Course Material Sowmya/ Others

The buck came to you, but with an escape clause

1 more thing. I know this is not the right place, but still I couldn't resist.
I got a call from XLRI. :):)

Simba Says
Coolioooooooooo......CONGRATS, See.. u come to our gang & u start seeing results 😉

Agreed ... Congo Vivek ! 😁
Hmm.. Thats what I was thinking!! Now, internet starts.. for which we have old notes.. but some order should be brought to those!! Dont remember to whom I delegated that part.. or did the buck come to me... Vish.. check out pls!!!

hey simba.. ! u dint tell anyone about internet notes... u n pg said those notes r already there!! do u need any help.. ?? can i do something.. lemme no...
hey vivek .. TREAT!!!! congrats!! good goin..
any clue bout wayne?? did he get a call??
wont be able to make it this sunday guys.. got a test plus my friends engagement!!!

Thanx guys.

See.. u come to our gang & u start seeing results

Now what else should I join to get the final admission call.

By the way, does anyone know whether Wayne got a call?

Coming back to the Naseoh sunday session, who is going to be teaching this Sunday?
v02 Says
Coming back to the Naseoh sunday session, who is going to be teaching this Sunday?

Teaching can be done by anybody... Allwin, Vivek or Vish or Wayne or whoever...But I guess giving notes will be difficult this time. PG, u guys can teach them basics of networking & internet this time.. next time, we can give the notes & teach them more fundas & practicals...what say!?

I really got engrossed with English. I will take only English thingie. Guess other responsibilities can be given to all u smart guys 😉 Geetu, yes, the notes are there but they are real hi-fi.. all one has to do next week is, Clip, Select & paste job Guys, as we have solid notes for English this time.. we can have a lengthier English sessions

Cheers!

Ps: Oldies, Remember Iqbal from the old batch @ NASEOH. He might be dropping by. He called me & said that he was desperately in need of job. I told him to come by tomorrow. Maybe we all can speak to him. 😃
PG, u guys can teach them basics of networking & internet this time.. next time, we can give the notes & teach them more fundas & practicals...what say!?

Yes boss