New Feature : Comments in User's Profile

Helloa Puys!!! We have got a new feature! Now you can go to your friend’s profile and give them “naice” :smiley: comments. For example - You can go to my profile estranged_gnrs and write good good things about me :: . Cheers and …

Good feature

Are we informed when somebody put's a comment in our profile?

Wow....Awesome feature :)

Can we show the number of comments a person has received along with the number of thanks & groans? :p

This can work both ways..
Do I have control over wot is written abt me? (like orkut testimonials)
Otherwise this will provide another bashing avenue :)

Awesome feature. But I hope we have the option of deleting the comments in case we don't like them

Mridul

This is awesome... But isn't this similar to the scraps of orkut.

Cool feature...

But I got a few queries... :neutral:

1. Can a User edit/delete comments on his/her profile?
  2. Are the comments being scanned for abusive content like the forums?
Cool feature...

But I got a few queries... :neutral:

1. Can a User edit/delete comments on his/her profile?
  2. Are the comments being scanned for abusive content like the forums?

Just checked...
There's a delete option available...

Mridul

Well well the first thing i did was to say thanks to gnrs and his team for such an innnovative thing by writng a comment

Well this is cool thing , but only one thing about deleting if yuo dnt like it,

p.s: isnt this thread to be move to announcments forum:huh: i dont think gnrs can get it wrong:neutral:

Nice feature.. Bound to be misused.. but thats fine.. should add a little more spice

Here is the current status as I see it:
1> I can delete the comments made on my profile by other users
2> I can't delete the comments I have made on other user's profile

I think we need 2 as well... Any particular reason why 2 has not been implemented?

Nice feature.. Bound to be misused.. but thats fine.. should add a little more spice

I think we need 2 as well... Any particular reason why 2 has not been implemented?

Nice feature guys:)

And I too second Nikhil... U shud also be allowed to delete ur comments made n other's profiles

Ok gnrs but what aboout mving it to announcements section , i guess it shuld be there:)

Great feature.....PG really keeps coming up with something or the other to keep the people glued to the forum.

Great woek guys and puys

Wow..
but then what is the "underlying motive" of this action???

I mean, I am all for bashing up the profiles of people and hence getting the "formality" out of the picture altogether, but there has to be a better reason than this right???
Coz obviously, it is apparent that this feature would have taken a lot of effort..
whatever the case is... I am all for it.. watch out all ma frnds.. ur profile is abt to be bashed!

All the suggestions are being kept in mind for the next release! Till now have fun with what we have got

As for the abusive comments, strict action will be taken against users who misuse this feature.

Cheers!

Rohit

One more important change required in the next release:-

People should not be allowed to write comments about themselves; currently that is possible now (For e.g. Check out the comment on my profile written by me )

P.S. If you think this post of mine was useful, just don't stop at thanking at it, also go and write goodie goodie comments about me plz :biggrin:
P.S.S. Jus kiddin :biggrin:

how is the second point raised by u valid Nikhil?

today if i write some comment on ur profile shld'nt u be the one who shld have contrl of it, how does it make sense if i put some comment and then i delete it.

that means u dont have control over ur own profile.
BTW on doubt- is there any way to look at my profile from my user CP.
i see that there are only edit profile option.

bharath
how is the second point raised by u valid Nikhil?

today if i write some comment on ur profile shld'nt u be the one who shld have contrl of it, how does it make sense if i put some comment and then i delete it.

that means u dont have control over ur own profile.

bharath

Control is the precise reason. Simply because I want to be in control. In control of what is been written about me and in control of what I write about you. Why do you think orkut gives you the option of deleting your scraps you write in other people's scrapbook or deleting the testimonials that you write. Times change, people change.. so if I want to change my poor little comments it should not be a big deal
IMHO, there shud be 4 (types of) controls for every comment..
say I wanna write in nikhil's profile..
1. I shud have control to write
2. Nikhil shud have control to 'ok' it (but not to edit it)
3. I shud have control to edit/delete it
4. Nikhil shud have the control to 'ok' every such edition
At any stage, if Nikhil does not deem a comment to be okayed, it shud bite the dust..
Say wot, ppl?

Acha hai Acha hai :thumbsup::D

nicee nice!