Neone for Cass Business School..

Hi guys, Has anyone here applied to the Cass Business School ?? btw, i hve been offered a place in this school…is there anyone arnd for this school ?? :sleepy: cheers, Hits

Hi guys,

Has anyone here applied to the Cass Business School ??

btw, i hve been offered a place in this school.......is there anyone arnd for this school ?? :sleepy:

cheers,
Hits

Hi guys,

btw, i hve been offered a place in this school.......is there anyone arnd for this school ?? :sleepy:

cheers,
Hits

Will be sending in my application for Msc in Finance by the end of this month. Heard they have an excellent rep in the field of finance. What course have you got in for.
gabriel666 Says
. What course have you got in for.

i hve been selected for the full-time MBA ..

Hi,

Congrats on the admit.

I have interview lined up on the 7th at Cass.

Can you please throw some light on the interview u had. Will be of great help.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

cheers,
Hits

Hmm... My cousin did his MBA from Cass last yr.. hez presently in HSBC, london as an investment banker... he gave me very positive inputs about this school... i personally would apply for this yr's entry as i still dont have 3+ work ex... and of course GMAT is yet to be taken...
Hi,

Congrats on the admit.

I have interview lined up on the 7th at Cass.

Can you please throw some light on the interview u had. Will be of great help.

Thanks.

hey buddy,

here's muh intv exp.. the intv was more of a casual discussion..

it ws fr abt 25 min.. started with normal qns like y mba, y cass, what specialization/ area u r looking at in the course.. then itvwier asked me abt muh past expn, as in what is the diff btwn ur presnt n past compny, is there any cultural diff , wat r the qualities reqd for the specialization u hve chosen, hw will u finance and a couple of qns more..

finally he asked me whether i had any qns for him..

hope this helps..

al d best buddy..

cheers,
Hits
sandeepr Says
Hmm... My cousin did his MBA from Cass last yr.. hez presently in HSBC, london as an investment banker... he gave me very positive inputs about this school... i personally would apply for this yr's entry as i still dont have 3+ work ex... and of course GMAT is yet to be taken...

i hve sent u a PM.. cud u pls. reply..

Hi anyone else on the group who has some insight about Cass? I have an admit for the 2008 batch.

prafulnangia Says
Hi anyone else on the group who has some insight about Cass? I have an admit for the 2008 batch.

Hi Praful,

I have my interview this evening. Can you let me know how your interview went... will help me a good deal...

Thanks...

Hi Vicky,
So sorry just saw ur post. The intrvw is very casual.
Ques like why mba? why now? why cass? short term(after mba) goals? long term( 8-10yrs) goals? which sector u want to work in? imp portfolios handled? what did you learn from it?
Thats about all.
By the time u read this ur intrvw would be over. Tell me how it went and also if u have any inputs about cass.
Thanks n take care

Hi Vicky,
So sorry just saw ur post. The intrvw is very casual.
Ques like why mba? why now? why cass? short term(after mba) goals? long term( 8-10yrs) goals? which sector u want to work in? imp portfolios handled? what did you learn from it?
Thats about all.
By the time u read this ur intrvw would be over. Tell me how it went and also if u have any inputs about cass.
Thanks n take care

Hi,

The interview went on really well. Just u mentioned, typical questions on why MBA, career goals, team work and so on.

How long will it take for them to get back to me?

Thanks

Hi Vicky,
They will get back to you within a week. Prob by next Thu. All the best!!

Hi Vicky,
They will get back to you within a week. Prob by next Thu. All the best!!

Hey...

I got the offer as well and I have a month's time to accept the offer. Have u decided to accept the offer or do u have admits in any other place?As of now, I dont have any but I am still in the process of applying to colleges...lets see how it goes.

Any details about Cass? I dont have that much... will start researching abt the jobs prospects, expenditure and the value Cass adds now that i have got an admit.

That's it from here

Thanks
Vicky

Hello,

I'm currently doing an MBA from Cass Business School and saw that you had some questions.

If you have any specific questions you can direct them to me on this forum so everyone else can benefit as well.

On a general note, in the recently released FT ranking of full time MBA programs, Cass is ranked #41. One should remember that the rankings are based on feedback from alumni that graduated 3 years ago, so the rankings tend to represent the aituation as it was 3 years ago.

3 years is not such a long time, as most MBA programs are 2 years. However, Cass, along with others in the UK (well, except LBS really) , is a one year program. So the 3 year lag in rankings can actually hide quite a lot of good stuff thats been going on. I am pretty sure that this year's class ranks much higher, especially looking at our standards compared to those at LBS and I believe we're way better.

The current full time class has got 80 people - so we all fit in a single lecture room.

Cass is located in 'The City' - an area of London thats known as the financial and business district. Our proximity means we get many speakers come in either as guest lecturers or to present seminars in the evenings. it also means that we start getting job mails from day 1, when we're least expecting it.

Another thing I like about Cass is that it feels more like an office rather than a college. Its a highrise building and besides the MBA's we've got several other MSc courses that are run, so theres a few hundred more of us that do courses in banking or finance or management.

Anyway, some of us have just launched a blog, you might wanna check it out to get a flavour of the current class. A Cass MBA blog

Cheers.

Dear Pranman,
Hi. Thanks for taking the time out for this thread.
I have an admit from Cass. And I am unsure about taking it up.
My profile. 7 yrs work ex Indian Army.
My main query is the how do I finance the MBA. I believe it will cost around 30 lac. Another main issue is what average salary can I expect after the MBA?
Thanks

Hi there!!

congrats on ur admit!!Are you ppl considering Imperial(Tanaka Business School) also?..
how does imperial rate as compared to Cass?

Pls gve ur inputs ..

Hi Vicky,
How was your interview. Can you let me know how your interview went through?
I have my interview on 21st... Those who have attended Cass intervew please post your views.

Thank you,

Dear Pranman,
Hi. Thanks for taking the time out for this thread.
I have an admit from Cass. And I am unsure about taking it up.
My profile. 7 yrs work ex Indian Army.
My main query is the how do I finance the MBA. I believe it will cost around 30 lac. Another main issue is what average salary can I expect after the MBA?
Thanks

Praful,

An Indian Army work ex is very good and appreciated by companies that want to hire you.

The Cass MBA is expensive. But I think it has been worth it for me so far.

Average salary, well, thats variable according to the industry you'd like to work in, however, many MBAs get into investment banking, private equity or fund management. Those jobs are usually based in London and tend to pay between 60-90K.

Another viable career tends to come from Management Consulting or working for the big 4 audit firms. Jobs there would normally fetch between 60-80.

I think generally the minimum salary youre looking at (At least with 7 yrs) is 60K. And if youre good and target the right companies with the right CV (you do get personal career coaching at Cass), then even 100K isn't impossible.

But stick with 60-80K for realistic targets.

As for funding it. most indian banks should give you a 15 lac loan. you have to figure out the other 15 somehow.

You do however do a project from June that should net you 6-10K until August. So that does help.

If you need more clarity let me know :-)

Cheers.
Hi there!!

congrats on ur admit!!Are you ppl considering Imperial(Tanaka Business School) also?..
how does imperial rate as compared to Cass?

Pls gve ur inputs ..

Imperial's a better brand but I think their MBA isn't half as good as Cass (well not for me anyway, but I'm not the typical guy)

The Imperial MBA director has just left Tanaka and joined Cass instead. Stefan Szymanski. Look him up.

Join Imperial if you want to be in college and become an MBA-type that knows how to do presentations using powerpoint and is interested in entrepreneurship.

Join Cass if you want to be creative with presentations, are not the typical MBA-type and prefer to study in an office environment rather than a college.