Negotiating Salary With Companies Outside India Post-MBA

Hello guys, I am not too sure if we actually have MBA alums here (since I too used to be a PG regular once but have unfortunately never come back in a loong time). I have been working with all the (seemingly) plush job offerings inside…

Hello guys,

I am not too sure if we actually have MBA alums here (since I too used to be a PG regular once but have unfortunately never come back in a loong time).

I have been working with all the (seemingly) plush job offerings inside India for the past two years. Now, I have been looking for jobs at companies outside India - not the usual big names who would have their Indian offices negotiate with me..These are competely foreign and so negotiating a salary becomes a problem.

The issue is, when I am in India, people realize the brand I bring with my MBA and negotiate a commensurate salary. How do I do it when talking to a company outside who has never heard of these institutes. One, I find it weird to keep calling myself a top ranking MBA guy because I know it shows more in the work I do than the brand..and Two, I cannot talk a salary based on my current earnings because of the exchange rate differences..

So how should I go about it. Any advices?