Need

Hello All, Brief summary about me: I’m 31 year old IT professional from India with 8 years of experience in the IT industry. My current role is into project management.I’m looking to pursue MBA with specialization in Technology/Operations/Sy…

Hello All,

Brief summary about me: I'm 31 year old IT professional from India with 8 years of experience in the IT industry. My current role is into project management.I'm looking to pursue MBA with specialization in Technology/Operations/Systems management so that it will be relevant to my field and at the same time give me a MBA degree.

My queries:

- I'm not aiming for top 10 universities but am hoping to get into top 25. I haven't appeared for gmat yet but am confident to score minimum score of 600 - 620. I had appeared for IELTS few years ago and was able to secure a band score of 8 out of 9. What are my chances of making into the top 25 universities?

- I would prefer to work in US for some years after the degree. What are my job prospects in US after the education? Do US employers hire international candidates or they need local work experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

With all the info you have given about your profile, you will find it very difficult to get into a top 25 business school for various reasons. Firstly, people over 30 getting into business schools for a full time MBA is less common. Secondly, with a GMAT score of 600-620, you will not even stand an outside chance at top 25 schools. Every schools has a different cut-off for IELTS, but with 8 bands, IELTS cut-off should not be an issue for you.The IELTS score is valid only for two years, so you will have to attempt the academic module of IELTS again if you appeared for the exam more than two years ago. As far as your work experience is concerned, you have a very good work experience which I believe must include atleast some leadership roles. A lot of business schools give considerable importance to extra-curriculars. So, you need to make sure that you're involve in some extra-curriculars to strengthen your application. Another important aspect of your application is your undergraduate GPA. Most schools admit candidates who have atleast GPA or GMAT scores above their median. So try to get atleast 670+ on your GMAT and start working on creating a stellar application for next year. Download the free ebook on how to get into a top business school at : http://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to-get-into-a-top-business-school-ebook.php

Good Luck!

www.interviewbay.com