Need to get into ISB this year

H All, I have around 4.5 years of IT experience and out of that 2 years are in a billion dollar IT company. My father will be retiring after 2 years. So this is the last year I can try for an MBA. So don’t want to leave any stone unturned. IS…

H All,

I have around 4.5 years of IT experience and out of that 2 years are in a billion dollar IT company. My father will be retiring after 2 years. So this is the last year I can try for an MBA. So don't want to leave any stone unturned. ISB is the B school I am targeting. I will try to get a score of around 700.
But I have come to know that even a score of 700 does not insure an admission in ISB.
Can anybody, who has already got in ISB help me with this? What are the other things ISB looks for. Which can be taken care by me now. This time I want to do everything to get into ISB.

Hi abalahar....

Theres a dedicated ISB thread .. check out.. http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=2032 It gives the entire ram kahani of how I made it to ISB & rejected it!! 😃 Hope it helps... a coupla piece of advice from me...

I have around 4.5 years of IT experience and out of that 2 years are in a billion dollar IT company. My father will be retiring after 2 years. So this is the last year I can try for an MBA. So don't want to leave any stone unturned. ISB is the B school I am targeting. I will try to get a score of around 700..

Firstly.. dont be so fatalistic... ISB is not the end of the world!! Give it ur best & u surely will make it... 😁 😁 And the thing in RED.. my comments are... "Try for the Stars.. U hit the Trees... Try for the Trees, U wont rise above the Ground" :) 😃 But ISB is a great school... So, all the best!!!

But I have come to know that even a score of 700 does not insure an admission in ISB.
Can anybody, who has already got in ISB help me with this? What are the other things ISB looks for. Which can be taken care by me now. This time I want to do everything to get into ISB.

I have given u the link.. its a BIG thread...& read it patiently. U will realise that only a sexy GMAT score is not enuf for ISB!!! I was just a 630... 😃

Cheers!!
Simbaaaaaaa

Dear Mates,

I found a lot of info on this site , thanks to all of you who have actively posted on this site.

Currently i am one of the wannabes whos planning to take up the gmat ( dear abalahar,...we are on the same boat.....). i plan to apply to ISB for the coming yr ie 2005. Currently i have 4 yrs of work exp. 3 yrs in software as a project lead and 1 yr in a call center as a Tech lead.

my query basically pertains to all the people who have applied to ISB and regarding the letter of recommendations. did u have only your current supervisors vouching for you or your previous employers also.

Also how long did this application process take , is it better to apply for the first cut off dates of ISB or for the second one which comes up in feb.

Any suggestions on what are the best prep material for starting off on the gmat prep and the avg duration of hrs required to say that ones ready. this will help me in planing out my schedule.

Also from the Gmat point of view what i have gathered from other websites is that the kaplan tests are a bit tougher than princeton. Ex people scoring 640 on kaplan score about 720 on princeton and end up on the actual gmat with about 720.

Thanks a lot in advance mates

Hi Everyone,

Am very glad to be a part of this group..little late though :)
Looking forward for all your experiences and valuable advices as am planning to appear for GMAT.

Regards
Krishna

Hi Everyone,

Am very glad to be a part of this group..little late though :)
Looking forward for all your experiences and valuable advices as am planning to appear for GMAT.

Regards
Krishna

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to PG. You've bumped off a very very old thread. Please continue on a spanking new one here and here . Have a nice time here.