need some good practical advise --should i do GMAT

hey i have been a part of pagalguy for quiet some time and have taken cat 2003 however could not take cat 2004 since i was in US for 3 months… fellow PGites i need some good advise from those who have been in my shoes. Some the points are: …

hey i have been a part of pagalguy for quiet some time and have taken cat 2003 however could not take cat 2004 since i was in US for 3 months...

fellow PGites i need some good advise from those who have been in my shoes. Some the points are:

1. My background:
B.Tech. comp sci. (avg. college and avg. scores).
Excellent marks in school time.
Above avg. extra curriculars in school and college.

2. Currently, in a top sw comp. in gurgaon with 2.5 yrs exp.

3. financial situation..obviously i cannot pay $50000 or more.

Should i try for GMAT given its financial burden. $75 K in some cases?
how r the loans available...can i get loan more than my fixed assets viz..house, land etc....do universities need a bank guarantee for payment of fees...and related stuff.

hanu Says

Last heard, GMAT was 225$. When did they revise that, pal? Dont mix up a Bschool education costs with a GMAT exam!!

Cheers

how r the loans available...can i get loan more than my fixed assets viz..house, land etc....do universities need a bank guarantee for payment of fees...and related stuff.

$75K may not be enough, if you want to go to a Top 20 school. Make that $100K and add another $10K for interview and other post graduation expenses.
Colleges have different options available for student loans. Please check the college sites, if you are interested about specific colleges.

- Ramki.
hey i have been a part of pagalguy for quiet some time and have taken cat 2003 however could not take cat 2004 since i was in US for 3 months...

fellow PGites i need some good advise from those who have been in my shoes. Some the points are:

1. My background:
B.Tech. comp sci. (avg. college and avg. scores).
Excellent marks in school time.
Above avg. extra curriculars in school and college.

2. Currently, in a top sw comp. in gurgaon with 2.5 yrs exp.

3. financial situation..obviously i cannot pay $50000 or more.

hey ur profile is kinda okie... in fact i wud ve said gud had u mentioned the sw company's name...
with such a profile... i guess u can apply for ISB or even SPJ or FMS...
u stand a bright chance. 3.5 yrs of work ex shd b quite formidable. so my advice: f*** GMAT... aim for CAT'05... a.t.b

meeaaaw!!!

Hey sonal, nice post but seems you bumped an ancient thread accidentally. It's 5 years old , the query :)

Neways, mods can close this thread.