Need info in taking a decision for GMAT

Hi All, I am Ravi. I need some information from you in taking a decision. I have 9 yrs of exp in IT. I have now (just :-)) decided to go for MBA in premier Business Schools (ISB, LBS, etc) and aiming for *2012 *intake, so I have to take GMA…

Hi All,

I am Ravi. I need some information from you in taking a decision.
I have 9 yrs of exp in IT. I have now (just :-)) decided to go for MBA in premier Business Schools (ISB, LBS, etc) and aiming for 2012 intake, so I have to take GMAT by September and then start applying to BSchools.
Since I have only a couple of months time to take the test and I have to start preparation now, I have decided either to take leave of 3 months from work or quit job and aim seriously for the test.

What I would like to know from you is - Will the break (total 4 months - either leave or quit) I am now going to take for GMAT have any negative impact on my profile when reviewed by the B-School Admissions team?

I find that it is very difficult for me spend time with office, family and then complete GMAT in 2-3 months, hence planned to take this decision.

Regards,
Ravi.

Hi Vinravi,

If possible, I would look to take a leave from work, as opposed to completely quitting. The reason is that even after you take the GMAT test, you will need to complete your application, apply, and then even if you are accepted, significant time will pass before you finally enroll.

Additionally, business schools will consider your highest GMAT score, so even if you do not do as well as you had hoped, you can always look to take the test a second time.

I hope this was of help.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team