Need Help in verbal Score

Hi all,I need help in improving my verbal score. In all my practice tests i am getting a very good quant score (49 to 51), but I am screwing with my verbal score (20 to 25).Confused. I am taking the test on 30th July. So anybody please help me in …

Hi all,I need help in improving my verbal score. In all my practice tests i am getting a very good quant score (49 to 51), but I am screwing with my verbal score (20 to 25).Confused. I am taking the test on 30th July. So anybody please help me in improving my verbal score.Regards,Pranu

Hi Pranu,

I give my GMAT this month end as well....i think the best thing to do is to go thru Manhattan Sentence correction, OG for CR and jus practice RC from OG and 1000 series.

I am a newbie like you, so if u want to go thru more stuff better read the posts from people who have done well.

But, i would seriously advice you to analyse what u want to go thru...there is a tonne of material available on gmat, but not everything is useful!!

All the best!! Happy Studying!!

H

PranuBhai Says
Hi all,I need help in improving my verbal score. In all my practice tests i am getting a very good quant score (49 to 51), but I am screwing with my verbal score (20 to 25).Confused. I am taking the test on 30th July. So anybody please help me in improving my verbal score.Regards,Pranu

You surely need to focus on the verbal section. Which strategy guides are you using? Was there any difference in the score before using them and after using them?

If you have not used any strategy guide, consider using MGMAT SC and powerscore CR.

Thanks, for the reply.
I am using MGMAT SC. The irony is that while practicing in OG SC or CR or Kaplan or Princeton, i will be getting 80% of the questions correct. But if i write a practice test i am not getting them correct.

Please help me.

Thanks, for the reply.
I am using MGMAT SC. The irony is that while practicing in OG SC or CR or Kaplan or Princeton, i will be getting 80% of the questions correct. But if i write a practice test i am not getting them correct.

Please help me.

Hi Pranubhai,

Do as much as CAT(Computer Adaptive Test) based test, preferably buy Manhattan tests. And just stick to it.

All the best !

Cheers !

I agree that the Manhattan SC book is probably the best resource out there for SCs. It's really tough for outside companies to replicate the writing style of the real GMAT, and there's a ton of variation in the prep material at different companies. I recommend sticking with Manhattan and Official Guides for consistency.

The only trouble is that there just aren't enough practice questions in the OGs. If you want more practice with RC and CR, try taking a look at an LSAT book if you can find one. The Official LSAT SuperPrep is one of my favorites. (I'm in NYC, not sure if the book is available outside the US.)

For SCs, it might help to spend time identifying EVERY error in every answer choice on each question. In the long run, that will help you to squeeze more knowledge out of the Official Guides. This method has helped some students enormously.

Good luck, and congrats on the awesome quant scores!