need help -- down but not out

I was exploring various options to do an MBA and an considering taking the CAT although i have already had 4 years of exp. in IT industry. I had taken the CAT when i had 6 months exp. and got a meager 71 percentile. However, i tool the GMAT last y…

I was exploring various options to do an MBA and an considering taking the CAT although i have already had 4 years of exp. in IT industry. I had taken the CAT when i had 6 months exp. and got a meager 71 percentile. However, i tool the GMAT last year and got a 93 percentile but didnt make it thru ISB. I understand that these 2 exams are not related.
I would like to explore the pros and cons of taking the CAT at this stage of career. Does it make sense? I am earning nearly 7 lakhs p.a. but my job profile does not change for any better and a sense of stagnation is setting in.
Please be as elaborate as possible in your reply.
I was exploring various options to do an MBA and an considering taking the CAT although i have already had 4 years of exp. in IT industry. I had taken the CAT when i had 6 months exp. and got a meager 71 percentile. However, i tool the GMAT last year and got a 93 percentile but didnt make it thru ISB. I understand that these 2 exams are not related.
I would like to explore the pros and cons of taking the CAT at this stage of career. Does it make sense? I am earning nearly 7 lakhs p.a. but my job profile does not change for any better and a sense of stagnation is setting in.
Please be as elaborate as possible in your reply.

i am not the right person to quote on this .but u can crack cat at this stage of u r life there are people who gave cat after 7 yaers of work ex and made it thru iim A.and as far as u r cat %ile goes there are people here who started from 55%ile and are now in iim.so its about hardwork mate.:grab:

hey guys i was expecting a lot of responses from your side

hi hanu!

I am no expert aswel but here are my 2 cents on it

Since you mentioned your Salary here ..... What is your idea of taking up MBA .... is it for More Salary or is it For a new Dimension to your Career .... Again dont think that your current work profile is not satisfactory, so you may opt for MBA .... Remember grass is always greener at the other side .... what if you dont like it even after MBA? and remember a huge % of junta comes back to the IT field from IIMs and ISB ..... So not may get the most wanted "career shift" in India .....You get a broader picture to look at in abroad MBAs .... with a huge percentage of people shifting career!

So please make up your mind first .... on why MBA?

Again academically india is a good option ... however the MBAs abroad are much more matured in terms of Industrial exposure they can provide and the magnanimity of the network they can provide!

Taking CAT or GMAT cannot have any cons at this stage .... or for that matter at any stage I think .... Greatest example is some 15 - 20 yrs experienced people who already were managers/company owners joining MBA last year ....dont think that ur pre study profile will be lost if u take up the 2 year course .... it doesnt... infact it acts as a booster for ur now job u will be taking up there through campus!

I am not considering ur personal perspective here, you may have to think about a few more things if there is something stopping you from taking it up!!

If you decide to take GMAT again the only factor you might have to be little aware is that both ur scores will appear in ur score card! However if some substantial improvement is shown .... it is most often ignored!

So my call: Go for it!! ....