Need help: Apps with focus on media & entertainment

Hi all, I’m new to these forums, so far as posting goes. Otherwise I have observed the activity and am quite impressed with the comprehensive replies posted. Hence this post. A brief, and unabashed, heads up on my profile before I ask my…

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, so far as posting goes. Otherwise I have observed the activity and am quite impressed with the comprehensive replies posted. Hence this post.

A brief, and unabashed, heads up on my profile before I ask my question:

I am a Computer Engineering graduate (Pune University) with a 3.4 GPA. Currently working in Bangalore with an R&D; firm which is responsible for product development in multimedia, security & consumer electronics domains. I am also responsible for the business development activity related to my department within the company.

My total experience will be 4 years by the end of June 2008 i.e this month. Never been onsite but apart from me and 2 other guys in India, the rest of my team (& firm) is completely non-Indian. Company is pretty well known in the US.

I have been involved with community work for the past 3 years through my employers as well as personally. I have also been DJing part-time at a local pub for 2 years now. Have played tennis at amatuer level for 5 years and represented my engineering college at field hockey for 2 years.

I have reserved a GMAT appointment for 5th September 2008. I know it's late but I was terribly busy all this while with company work. I had written a mock-GMAT once and ended up with 680. Have already started studying with guidance from websites such as this and Beat The GMAT Forum. Can't guarantee anything but I expect to land a score of around 720 to 740 in the real test.

Coming to the main point. I am planning to apply for the 2009 intake of US B schools. My main motive behind pursuing MBA is to change my field and enter the media/entertainment industry. I have shortlisted the following MBA programs due to their relevance and proximity to media & entertainment firms:

UCLA Anderson
USC Marshall
Emory Goizueta
Columbia

Most schools report that their students return to their summer internship employer. However, I was appalled at the number of students who joined media & entertainment companies either for summer internships or for permanent jobs.

My question is why is the number so dismal? Is it because the companies prefer media & mass communication undergrads? Is there a way for me to improve my profile, say by taking some correspondence courses from these univs in media/mass-comm subjects?

Thanks in advance.