Need Advice on MBA Schools to Apply

Hi Friends, I am a S/w Eng with about 3.5 years of experience in the CRM/Telecom Domain. My GMAT Score is 690. Edu Qualification: Bsc Comp Sc, MCA ,Average Acads. Extra Curriculars: Average but do have somethings to show. Work Ex…

Hi Friends,
I am a S/w Eng with about 3.5 years of experience in the CRM/Telecom Domain. My GMAT Score is 690.

Edu Qualification: Bsc Comp Sc, MCA ,Average Acads.

Extra Curriculars: Average but do have somethings to show.

Work Ex:
Total Work Ex 3.5 years.
worked for two Big MNC's in the CRM/Telecom domain.
ITIL Certified (Have a Foundation Cert in IT Service management).

I want to know with the above profile and GMAT score, which are the schools to which i can apply.

I have shortlisted a few like GLIMS Chennai, SP Jain GMBA Dubai.
My main concern is placements and course cost factor. Thats the reason i would prefer doing an MBA from India rather then abroad, as i have limited means to finance my studies.

Could you please advise which other institutes i should be applying to ?
Also could anybody advice me on MBA schools in Singapore/ASIA like NUS, NTU and the cost involved.Are these better options then SP JAIN, GLIMS.
and between SP Jain GMBA and GLIMS which one is better in tems of
Placements and Job profiles offered and of course the course cost(ROI).

sorry for asking too many questions but i do require some advice urgently.
Thanks for your patience.

Hi Friends,
I am a S/w Eng with about 3.5 years of experience in the CRM/Telecom Domain. My GMAT Score is 690.

Edu Qualification: Bsc Comp Sc, MCA ,Average Acads.

Extra Curriculars: Average but do have somethings to show.

Work Ex:
Total Work Ex 3.5 years.
worked for two Big MNC's in the CRM/Telecom domain.
ITIL Certified (Have a Foundation Cert in IT Service management).

I want to know with the above profile and GMAT score, which are the schools to which i can apply.

I have shortlisted a few like GLIMS Chennai, SP Jain GMBA Dubai.
My main concern is placements and course cost factor. Thats the reason i would prefer doing an MBA from India rather then abroad, as i have limited means to finance my studies.

Could you please advise which other institutes i should be applying to ?
Also could anybody advice me on MBA schools in Singapore/ASIA like NUS, NTU and the cost involved.Are these better options then SP JAIN, GLIMS.
and between SP Jain GMBA and GLIMS which one is better in tems of
Placements and Job profiles offered and of course the course cost(ROI).

sorry for asking too many questions but i do require some advice urgently.
Thanks for your patience.

NUS and NTU are among top B-Schools in Asia and have very good reputation and acceptance globally. Great Lakes and SP Jain stand no way near to these univ.

NUS offers 3 semesters MBA programme with tuition fees of 50K Singapore Dollars equivalent to around 17L INR. The fees is comparable and competitive to ISB and IIM's EMBA. Living expenses would be around 1000-1200 S$ per month so consider another 4-4.5L INR for that.

NTU tuition fees is even less = 40K Singapore Dollars.

MBA programmes offered by both NUS and NTU provide much more international exposure than B-schools in India.

These schools are definitely within reach as far as your profile is concerned.

Thanks Bornhumble for your kind advice.
I have one more query, which school between NTU and NUS is the better
especially interms of placements?

Also i think that SP Jain GMBA doesnt give as great a ROI as say GLIMS, Chennai , (As i think the course structure is the same and placements comparable).what is your take on this. Do let me know.

Thanks Bornhumble for your kind advice.
I have one more query, which school between NTU and NUS is the better
especially interms of placements?

Also i think that SP Jain GMBA doesnt give as great a ROI as say GLIMS, Chennai , (As i think the course structure is the same and placements comparable).what is your take on this. Do let me know.

Sinapore university and Nanyang University are both reputed. Nanyang Business School opened up earlier and has got stronger alumni network and career services. The school has been ranked higher in different rankings from FT, EIU, BW (if you at all care about ranks).

I do not know much about SP Jain GMBA and Great Lakes. One of my friends having IT background did MBA from Great Lakes is now working as BA for another IT firm. I presume that placements there will depend on one's own initiatives and networking.
ISB rules in India.

Thanks again Bornhumble.
You really rock 😃

Hi..I am from chennai, final yr ECE, had bin posting consistent 90%ile in mocks but prometric has fucked up my results. Q-39%ile, VA 90.99%, DI/DS 67%ile, OA - 71.56%ile. Due to multiple reasons i am lukin fr immediate admissions. Is thr any gud coll tat may take me in?:oops: Pls advice

wrong post

I am Vivek Aravind from Mumbai.
Actually I am searching for B-Schools to suit my profile.
Looking to join in Fall 2011.
Need some help regarding this.
10th : 79.06%
12th : 67.67%
B.E Electrical : 60.42% (Mumbai University) - Fr.Agnel Vashi (Accredited Course)
Work Exp : 2years by June 2010.
KEC International (Cables Division)
Sales and Marketing for 1 year and Production Floor Experience for 1 year.
Extra Curr :A few College Event Head Certificates.
Part of the CSR team of the company.
A few Constraints :
I can afford only upto 15-20 lac as program cost.
Would like to do a 2 year program as i would like to venture into something like SAP which combines the core sectors and Software which is a new thing for me. Therefore I would like to get more time in the course as it would help me to change my track effectively.

Yes, you are right. I agree.
I am Vivek Aravind from Mumbai.
Actually I am searching for B-Schools to suit my profile.
Looking to join in Fall 2011.
Need some help regarding this.
10th : 79.06%
12th : 67.67%
B.E Electrical : 60.42% (Mumbai University) - Fr.Agnel Vashi (Accredited Course)
Work Exp : 2years by June 2010.
KEC International (Cables Division)
Sales and Marketing for 1 year and Production Floor Experience for 1 year.
Extra Curr :A few College Event Head Certificates.
Part of the CSR team of the company.
A few Constraints :
I can afford only upto 15-20 lac as program cost.
Would like to do a 2 year program as i would like to venture into something like SAP which combines the core sectors and Software which is a new thing for me. Therefore I would like to get more time in the course as it would help me to change my track effectively.

there is already a thread..plzz ask your query there
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/wondering-which-bskools-to-apply-visit-this-thread-25017552

Hi all,
Need some info on various B-schools in Asia offering both a 1 year and a 2 year course and which accept GMAT scores.
Profile: IT Engineer with 6 years of work-exp with a reputed software organisation.
Would like to know the following:
What is the cost involved?
What is the placement scenario?
Also I have heard that executive MBA programs do not have campus recruitment. Is this true?
Heard that AIM and the universities in Singapore contribute a lot to the learning part, but fare poorly as far as placements are concerned. Will be grateful if someone can shed some light on this too.