NDA Exam 2017: Exam Date, Syllabus, Result

Join the discussion on NDA Exam 2017 and Get all the updates about NDA Exam 2017 Exam Date, Application form, Syllabus, Eligibility and Result from our Jobs and Career section

NDA (National Defence Academy) is a premier institute that trains the cadets (candidates) to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. Candidates may approach the academy by qualifying a national level entrance examination (NDA 2017) which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2017 will be organized on 23rd April, 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 will be organized on 10th September, 2017. Through this article, candidates can check detailed information about application form, exam dates, qualification & age eligibility, syllabus & exam pattern. 

How to prepare for NDA

UPSC NDA NA - I Exam

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has notified & invited eligible candidates for National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy exam. The announcement of NDA 2017 exam was made on 18th January 2017. The National Defence Academy (NDA) is a premier institute that provides training to the candidates to get selected for Indian Armed Forces i.e. Indian Army, Indian Navy & Indian Air Force as officers. Aspirants can get to NDA by qualifying the NDA 2017 exam which is being organized by the UPSC. The exam will be conducted twice in the year. NDA (I) 2017 will be conducted on 23rd April 2017, whereas NDA (II) 2017 will be on 10th September 2017

NDA Exam Important Dates:

Notification & Application form release date:  NDA-I - 18th January 2017,    

NDA-II - 7th June 2017 

Last date to submit the NDA exam application form:  NDA-I - 10th February 2017, NDA-II - 30th June 2017

NDA Admit card will be released two weeks prior exam.

NDA Exam date NDA-I 23rd April 2017,  NDA-II - 10th September 2017

NDA exam result declaration NDA-I - May-17,  NDA II - Oct-17    

UPSC NDA NA- I Vacancy Details:

Total seats at National Defense Academy (NDA) – Army: 208
Total seats at National Defense Academy (NDA) – Navy: 55
Total seats at National Defense Academy (NDA) – Air Force: 72
Total seats at Naval Academy (10+2) Cadet Entry Scheme: 55 

Total : 390

UPSC NDA NA-I Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit:
Candidates should be born not earlier than 02-07-1998 and not later than 01-07-2001.

Educational Criteria:

Candidates applying for National Defence Academy Army wing should have passed 10+2 Intermediate Exam in Any Recognized Board.
Candidates applying for Navy, Air Force & Naval Academy 10+2 Cadet Entry should have passed 10+2 Intermediate Class 12 Exam, Appearing in Any Recognized Board with Physics & Mathematics as a Subject.

UPSC NDA NA- I Exam Fees:

• General / OBC : 100/-
  • SC / ST : 0/- (Nil)
  • Payment for the NDA NA- I Examination Fee can be made via Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card or can also be made via Cash E-Challan fee mode, candidates should submit the exam fee at State Bank of India at any branches in India.

UPSC NDA NA- I Exam Selection Process:

Candidates will be selected based on their performance in Written Examination, Psychological Aptitude Test, Intelligence & Personality Test and Services Selection Board Interview.

How to apply for UPSC NDA NA-I Exam:

Following are the steps to apply for UPSC NDA NA-I exam

1. Firstly, Candidates should scan the copies of their photograph and signature and keep it ready as it will be required while applying for the UPSC NDA NA-I exam.
  2. Candidates should the Log on to the official UPSC NDA NA-I website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
  3. Then click on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link.
  4. Candidates should then select the post & fill the Part I Online Application form by clicking on the link.
  5. Candidates should then fill in all the required details and click submit.
  6. After candidates successfully submit the for, a unique Registration ID will be generated, candidates should carefully note it.
  7. Candidates should then make the fee payment and revisit the website.
  8. Candidates should then click on Select Part II Registration and Log in with their credentials.
  9. Fill in all the required details in Part II of Application.
  10. After submitting the application form, candidates should take print out of system generated application form for further reference.

UPSC NDA NA - I Admit Card available for download

UPSC NDA NA (I) examination which is scheduled to be held on 23 April 2017 has been notified on the UPSC NDA NA - I official website. Recently, Admit cards or the e-cards of NDA 2017 was issued on upsc.gov.in and ups online.nic.in for candidates who successfully applied for the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) exam. Candidates can download the NDA I Admit Card 2017, by logging in using their registration ID, their Roll number. This hall ticket / Admit Card should be carried during all the sessions in the exam hall along with the printout of important instructions.

Following are the direct links to download the NDA NA - I Admit Card / Hall ticket / E-cards

Link for UPSC NDA-I Admit Cards for Non Delhi Centers

Link for UPSC NDA-I Admit Cards for Delhi Centers

Candidates should note that Admit cards will not be sent to them by post or any other means.

How to download NDA NA - I exam Admit cards?

The hall tickets / Admit Cards / E-cards will be available online and candidates can log in to the official website using their credentials mentioned to print their admission certificates. Following are the steps to down NDA NA - I exam Admit Cards

1. Candidates should first visit the official website of UPSC NDA NA - I
  2. Then they should Navigate to the link that refers to e-admit card of UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2017.
  3. Candidates can also use the direct links mentioned above to download UPSC NDA NA - I exam admit cards.
  4. Candidates should then enter all the details required in the given fields.
  5. Once all the required information is entered, candidates will be able to see their Admit card.
  6. Candidates should carefully check the information given on the NDA NA - I admit card.
  7. After checking all the details, candidates should then take print outs of their admit cards, as it will be crucial for further process.

Not able to download NDA NA - I Admit Card?

• If candidates are not able to download their NDA NA - I exam admit card they should contact the Commission regarding the same.
  • Also, they should contact the commission if they have not received the admit card (online) or any communication.
  • Candidates should also check the details on their admit card if there is any discrepancy they should inform the commission.
  • In above-mentioned situations, candidates can reach out to the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s office in person or by phone.

In above mentioned situations candidates can reach out to the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s office in person or on phone.