National Power Training Institute (NPTI) 2010-2012--Admission Queries

Notification for admission at NPTI, Faridabad is out. Please visit the site www.npti.nic.in Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NPTI. Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have about NPTI.

Notification for admission at NPTI, Faridabad is out. Please visit the site

www.npti.nic.in

Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NPTI. Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have about NPTI.

hi sir,
Greetings!
i am a btech instrumentation engineering graduate(2009).
here are my few queries
1) whats the scope of power management.
2) how is NPTI
3) whats the cutoff percentile
4) avg placment fr year 2008
5) why being the only power mgmt course in india(except MDI,which gives executive MBA n not 2yrs gen programme),NPTI is not seen in good b school ranking list
6) Is NPTI having accredition from AICTE

please dont take my words harsh, its only because theres an air of confusion about power mgmt because i've got mixed reactions from ppl.....enlighten me!!

Hi Proximus
answer to ur queries--
(1)The scope of power sector is very good; if u go through last budget the government has given importance to the transmission and distribution losses (APRDP project) and also power for all by 2012. Also there are many UMPP coming up. So there is lots of scope, for more go through net and u will get it.
(2)NPTI is good college it comes under ministry of power, ya dont expect it to be like a core b-school.
(3)Last yr 70%ile was cut-off for cat score then there was gd and pi
(4)Last yr recession had also hit our college but unlike most of the good b-school which where not able to achieve 100% placement NPTI has achieved 100% placement even last yr, of course package were not that good. I dont know the exact average but highest was 12 lac and min was 3 lac.
(5)As I have told u NPTI directly comes under ministry of power, it is a government college and it doesnot believe in marketing or make any effort to get into that list. Being a government college has certain advantage and disadvantage.
Yes NPTI is accredited from AICTE

if u have any other queries feel free to ask.........

Rahul

thnx a lot!!

Hi Seniors,
What was the last years cut-off ?

@rahulforpower
since you mentioned NTPI is a govt college
so definitely it got reservation
my query is what was the cut off for reserved category
and how many seats are there for general candidate
also the fees of the entire course

thanks in advance

Hey can a fresher apply to this course??
wat will be his package in t placement season...??

Hi Proximus
answer to ur queries--
(1)The scope of power sector is very good; if u go through last budget the government has given importance to the transmission and distribution losses (APRDP project) and also power for all by 2012. Also there are many UMPP coming up. So there is lots of scope, for more go through net and u will get it.
(2)NPTI is good college it comes under ministry of power, ya dont expect it to be like a core b-school.
(4)Last yr recession had also hit our college but unlike most of the good b-school which where not able to achieve 100% placement NPTI has achieved 100% placement even last yr, of course package were not that good. I dont know the exact average but highest was 12 lac and min was 3 lac.
(5)As I have told u NPTI directly comes under ministry of power, it is a government college and it doesnot believe in marketing or make any effort to get into that list. Being a government college has certain advantage and disadvantage.
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

I did a BTech in EEE in 2007 and have since worked in a software company, i wish to re-enter my core field some how and see an MBA from NPTI a good opportunity to re-connect with my core electrical field, pls clrify some of my doubts:
1. How much emphasis is given to core knowledge in GD/PI.
2. Is there any advantage of having work ex, as we are ultimately coming up for n MBA, so ther shud b sum..
3. The placement profiles given here, are they actually related working on power sector, is ther any special emphasis on companies to offer power sectoe related profiles by the institute...
4. There were some big names mentioned in placement brochure on the website, how often do companies like PWC, Reliance Power, ABB, Siemens, etc show up.
5. I know you already told u don't have an idea about the average package, just hoping u might have found it by now
6. is there any sectional cut-off too....

hi could any body tell me is there sectional cut off also ,if it is then what was the last year cut offs.

HI,
I have Just downloaded the form for the mba program. There is a field in it where we have to mention our CAT percentile but cat result is not yet declared and not to be declared before the deadline of NPTI wht shouls i do any suggestions ,,,seniors plz help.

Regards

Hi Proximus
answer to ur queries--

Rahul

Thanks a lot Rahul for the info. Can you give us some info about the batch profiles of 2009-11 like the number of freshers and range of work ex....

I called up the no given in the notification and asked about the cat score field,,, the lady said its not needed to be filled now as they can obtain the score directly if they want

HI,
I have Just downloaded the form for the mba program. There is a field in it where we have to mention our CAT percentile but cat result is not yet declared and not to be declared before the deadline of NPTI wht shouls i do any suggestions ,,,seniors plz help.

Regards

Can anyone tell from where to download the form and whats the last date to apply?

Thnx

hey frnds, could ny one tel me dat ..is der any provision of management quota in NPTI

@durgasankar
It will b a great help to us if you can tell us about the fee structure including hostel facility there.
Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell from where to download the form and whats the last date to apply?

answer to your Query
last date 23 feb(till now may be extended)
link
www.npti.nic.in
another imp. link-
www.npti.nic.in/MBAMandatory2009.doc

Hi

I have around 30month's of experience in Reputed Software industry.I have passed BE in EEE. I want to return to Power sector.

What is the expected pkg for experienced people after getting passed out of the program in NPTI?

Do you think it is a good idea to join as i am currently getting pkg around 4Lk/Yr?

Please give me a reply i am awaitng for reply.

Thanks
Subrat

guys whts last date for appling

last date for applying 15th march 2010