National Management School ( NMS) Chennai

Hi, Seems to be no Official Thread running for *National Management School Chennai. so started this one. This is a New B School and has been only started this year. Any idea about how this School is??? *

Hi, Seems to be no Official Thread running for National Management School Chennai. so started this one. This is a New B School and has been only started this year. Any idea about how this School is???

No Takers??? PG folks.. help me

getkarty Says
No Takers??? PG folks.. help me

Its a new college you gotta do your own research.
From what info they have on website it seems decent.

I checked out this new institute. Seems like a very good one. They have very qualified professors for every area like marketing, finance, HR and others. They have a good CEO board to advise. The person who started the school is a professor himself with a PhD from Temple Univ in America.

So far, in all my research, this school seems to be the best private MBA institute in the whole country. Great promise. I am applying, and hope they live up to the promise.

I am an officer in the Dean's office of the National Management School. I see that there are some posts with questions about the NMS. I will be happy to address your questions. Please also visit our website at National Management School : Home

- Dean's Office.

sir i'm philip waiting for a good college to study mba.I wanna ask one question-i heard it started just one year before,so one knows accurately abt this,so it would most promisable college for an MBA student with assured placement?

I am an officer in the Dean's office of the National Management School. I see that there are some posts with questions about the NMS. I will be happy to address your questions. Please also visit our website at National Management School : Home

- Dean's Office.

SIR

well certainly, your college in website looks quite promising and the Mentors of the college are quite learned and credible lot. But since its institute's first year, I have some reservations about the recruitment you are going to provide to your first batch.
Whether your college would be able to provide successful recruitments to the students or you'll be working on it after the admission process or may be at the culmination of the course.

iam not an official with the institute ..but iam from chennai i know quite a bit about this insti. 1st batch is running. and the school is good.. fees is very high. it goes near to 10l with hostel and all.. and any doubts u have ?>??

Our first batch started in Sept 2009 and has completed 2 terms so far. Currently, the project internship is being worked on and some companies have come forward to offer our students internships with stipend. As far as final job placements go, the School will offer full assistance to our Students Placement Committee which works on inviting companies to our campus. Our hope is that the placement will be a success given the quality of our students and the quality of our educational processes.

The fees for the batch of 2010-12 is Rs.9.6 lakhs for the entire 2 year program. The fees have been been increased from the earlier batch. The student housing cost is about Rs.1.5 lakhs per program year for double occupancy and about Rs.1.8 lakhs per program year for single occupancy. So, on a double occupany basis, the total cost of the program will be about Rs.12.6 lakhs.
The School has some scholarships that vary from 25% to 100% of the fees; students who are offered admission are invited to apply for these scholarships.

I have received offer letter from NMS :cheerio:

The fees is no big compared to other B schools. They basically charge Rs.6L for 2 years (subject to scholarship, it goes down to as much as Rs.3L for 2 years). The college is excellent, and the faculty cannot be commented! CXO's from various disciplines make it very interactive,useful for the students.:w00t:
Hostel facilities are top, with the management to have leased nearby apartments. Occupants can choose from single/double occupancies (Rs.1.8L and Rs.1.5L respectively).

You want any more assistance, will be more than glad to help you.
contact me in [email protected]
ALL THE BEST!
cheers!:thumbsup:

I visited this school yesterday to hire some interns. My observations.

1) Good facility
2) Committed management
3) Seems to have good tie ups with foreign professors teaching
4) Case study methodology
5) Lots of industry exposure for students
6) Not too far from the city

I think junta should visit the place to see the facilities and take a call.

Our Career Services office works with the students' placement committee to invite companies to our campus for recruitment. The 2011 placement season was successful with 21 nationally known companies participating in the placement and interviewing our students.

NMS currently offers an opportunity to Indian students to earn an MBA from two US Universities - University of Louisville, Kentucky and the Grand Valley State University - by doing half the program at NMS in Chennai and the other half of the program at these School so that you can earn an American MBA at a very affordable cost.