National Institute of Rural Development

I would like to know more about the college. How are the infra, faculty and placements of the college?

thread moved to state level exams section.

raghav507 Says

Y it is moved there? NIRD is a national level institute...

is there anybody who can give the exact link of the thread???

why is it moved????a different thread is good for NIRD only....
hope others pour in their thoughts..

raghav507 Says

Dear Raghav,

NIRD is a national level institute associated with Ministry of Rural Development, GOI. So i think moving it to state level exams section is not justified.

Please do the needful ASAP.

Regards,
Chandranshu
PGDRDM Batch 3
hanglur Says
I would like to know more about the college. How are the infra, faculty and placements of the college?

Hi Hanglur,

Request you to visit this webpage. Let me know if you have more questions...

Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Rural Development Management

Regards,
Chandranshu

No data regarding avg package, maximum salary given.. Please tell.. And profiles given.. I think most students were picked by ngo's like aga khan etc. Or others which give very less salary

Dear Raghav,

NIRD is a national level institute associated with Ministry of Rural Development, GOI. So i think moving it to state level exams section is not justified.

Please do the needful ASAP.

Regards,
Chandranshu
PGDRDM Batch 3

Hi Chandranshu,
You haven't mentioned anywhere on this thread whether the intake is through CAT or any other exam.
So that's why this has been moved to the relevant section from the earlier section which was totally irrelevant.

Please look yourself before opening the threads in the wrong sections.
ravijunagadh Says
No data regarding avg package, maximum salary given.. Please tell.. And profiles given.. I think most students were picked by ngo's like aga khan etc. Or others which give very less salary

Hi Ravijunagadh & All,

Here are few relevant details which I could gather from seniors passed out in previous two batches.

Placement Scenario: As per the policy and objectives of the institution only state & central govt agencies, public sector organizations and NGO's are invited for placements.

SERP (Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty), IL&FS;, Gujarat Govt, Public sector Banks like UBI are the major recruiters for the last batch. Public sector banks prefer only Agriculture background students and other organizations are open for all. Few students are absorbed internally by NIRD too.

Average Pay is somewhere around 26-27K in hand. Minimum is 24K being offered by banks. Maximum salary is 30-32K. All these figures I am sharing are in-hand payments being made by the recruiters which I somehow managed to gather from seniors.

I would like to add one point that the pay packages aren't which you should see before joining this institute. NIRD is one of the very well known organisation in the area of Rural Development. It is known as Think Tank of the Ministry of Rural Development, GoI. International tie-ups and linkages, Internal & External faculty are one of the best resource which are ready for exploitation... :)

Hope this info will be useful for u.

Best Regards,
Chandranshu

Hi Ravijunagadh & All,

Here are few relevant details which I could gather from seniors passed out in previous two batches.

Placement Scenario: As per the policy and objectives of the institution only state & central govt agencies, public sector organizations and NGO's are invited for placements.

SERP (Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty), IL&FS;, Gujarat Govt, Public sector Banks like UBI are the major recruiters for the last batch. Public sector banks prefer only Agriculture background students and other organizations are open for all. Few students are absorbed internally by NIRD too.

Average Pay is somewhere around 26-27K in hand. Minimum is 24K being offered by banks. Maximum salary is 30-32K. All these figures I am sharing are in-hand payments being made by the recruiters which I somehow managed to gather from seniors.

I would like to add one point that the pay packages aren't which you should see before joining this institute. NIRD is one of the very well known organisation in the area of Rural Development. It is known as Think Tank of the Ministry of Rural Development, GoI. International tie-ups and linkages, Internal & External faculty are one of the best resource which are ready for exploitation...

Best Regards,
Chandranshu

Hi Chandranshu,
You haven't mentioned anywhere on this thread whether the intake is through CAT or any other exam.
So that's why this has been moved to the relevant section from the earlier section which was totally irrelevant.

Please look yourself before opening the threads in the wrong sections.

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for your response. Intake for PGDRDM at NIRD is through a separate national level entrance test conducted in February. Its a unique 1 year program in Rural Development Management. Total intake is 60.

Request you to move the thread to - ""Other Exams - XAT, FMS, JMET...""
Let me know if you need more information. Please do the needful.

Best Regards,
Chandranshu

Thread moved to the other exams section.

Hi Ravijunagadh & All,

I would like to add one point that the pay packages aren't which you should see before joining this institute. NIRD is one of the very well known organisation in the area of Rural Development. It is known as Think Tank of the Ministry of Rural Development, GoI. International tie-ups and linkages, Internal & External faculty are one of the best resource which are ready for exploitation...

Best Regards,
Chandranshu

how many agricultre students are in your class sir out of 60. And in nird are there provision of internship lyk or not.
ravijunagadh Says
how many agricultre students are in your class sir out of 60. And in nird are there provision of internship lyk or not.

In my Batch there are 17 students from agriculture & allied backgrounds...

Yeah!!! We have provision for Internships. Although for previous two batches it was NIRD who arranged the internship organisation, but this time many of us are giving a try to join organisations other than arranged by NIRD.
Internships (Field Attachment - FA) is of 8 weeks; this year it is scheduled from 18th February to 17th April'2011. Will be able to give more details about FA organisations probably by end of January when the things become more clear...

Did they pay for it or not? And how much?
Last date for applcn. Extended to 12 january

Not sure about the the payments during internships. Un-confirmed information - Few organisations like Nandi Foundation pays sm whr around 8-10K per month during the internship. Will update you more on this once i hav more info.
Yeah!!! Last date extended up to 12th Jan'2011... 😃

Nice to see someone for NIRD....last year i tried to answer queries regaridng it in abm thread...as student of ANGRAU I had bit information about it....will try to help u in issues related to rural development....
keep it up buddy...:)

Hi friends thanks for all tht invaluble info.
I am a B.Tech Mech.Would like to work in Rural Development field after abt 2years in Software.I have a few questions.

1.Will my background hamper the opportunities in the future?
2.Is NIRD a good option for me or do they prefer only Agro background?
3.Chandranshu mentioned like banks prefering only agriculture background, is there any such criterion for NGOS,Govt agencies which are participating in placements?
4.Also can u pls give the percent of placements in previous batches and the name of recruiters.