Narsee Monjee GD/PI Experiences (2006)

Please Share Ur Gdpi Experiences From Nm Gdpi.

Please Share Ur Gdpi Experiences From Nm Gdpi.

All The Junta THAT Has Ever Given A Gdpi In Narsee Please Post Ur Experiences As The 06 Process Begins Tomorrow So Guys Best Of Luck.

plz puys where r u?
post ur experiences who ever has attended gd/pi at nm anytime.
i have seen the community of nm is not so keen in helpin us guyz.
i request all puys to help us in this hour of need since my only hope left is Narsee Monjee.

Hi, even i have my int on 14th. plz any nmims seniors or ppl who ve appeared before give us some idea as to what is the process like.
heard that they ve current topics for gd n usually stress interviews. pls tell
thanks

GD:"Ten people"One Girl(good eye candy though),
Since NM has low cut off (generally to get Work X wallahs)you do see Lala Typies(amazingly of 3 outta hundred attending the process 2 were in my GD)
Panel:Without the Killer prof looks....more of a School Teacher and neighborhood uncle type(man my imagination....)
2 Topics were written on the board
1)."Secularism...INDIA"
2)."Superstitions....Modern India..."
Had to vote for the topics 6~Super 4~Secular...(me on this side of the divide)
Very Meat n potato(been having too much of it lately)kind of GD...tending to Fish Market.......~15 Minutes
Score:26.5/30(guess top 5 scorer)
PI:Switching of panels(not necessary though)
A Prof and An Industry Type person.....
p1:Do you know Gandharva
me:...yes.....explained the meaning of my name and forgot to built it into"my character description"...bad start
p2:sneers....looks at the bio~sketch(wonder how he did it....)so you are a dreamer?
me:yes....philo stuff
break for some attendance sign the sheet...
p2:yes dreaming helps you ....
me:...
p2:How does being a left hander helps you?(hadn't written it anywhere just guess how'd he come to know)
me:dumbfounded.......sir over the modern history left handers have a share of acheivers more than the general civilization...
p2:but you have a very average record....
me:.....average........reflections.....
p1:fav subject
me:micro
p1why does it take so long to get a D Curve(it has many answers....)
me:...give the worst answer
p1:how can india grow?
me:blah infra infra...
p2 lost so is p1
p2:no work ex....
me:no
You'd wonder how do i remember so much?Check the score i got
25??/50(lost it here big time needed 5 more to get through...)

Hi, even i have my int on 14th. plz any nmims seniors or ppl who ve appeared before give us some idea as to what is the process like.
heard that they ve current topics for gd n usually stress interviews. pls tell
thanks

hold on pgs ....

hmmm??: didn't go thru the exixting post ...
anyways ..here 's the previos yr link of gdpi exp..

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2005-nmims-gd-pi-experiences-25007500

enjoy:
GD:"Ten people"One Girl(good eye candy though),
Since NM has low cut off (generally to get Work X wallahs)you do see Lala Typies(amazingly of 3 outta hundred attending the process 2 were in my GD)
Panel:Without the Killer prof looks....more of a School Teacher and neighborhood uncle type(man my imagination....)
2 Topics were written on the board
1)."Secularism...INDIA"
2)."Superstitions....Modern India..."
Had to vote for the topics 6~Super 4~Secular...(me on this side of the divide)
Very Meat n potato(been having too much of it lately)kind of GD...tending to Fish Market.......~15 Minutes
Score:26.5/30(guess top 5 scorer)
PI:Switching of panels(not necessary though)
A Prof and An Industry Type person.....
p1:Do you know Gandharva
me:...yes.....explained the meaning of my name and forgot to built it into"my character description"...bad start
p2:sneers....looks at the bio~sketch(wonder how he did it....)so you are a dreamer?
me:yes....philo stuff
break for some attendance sign the sheet...
p2:yes dreaming helps you ....
me:...
p2:How does being a left hander helps you?(hadn't written it anywhere just guess how'd he come to know)
me:dumbfounded.......sir over the modern history left handers have a share of acheivers more than the general civilization...
p2:but you have a very average record....
me:.....average........reflections.....
p1:fav subject
me:micro
p1why does it take so long to get a D Curve(it has many answers....)
me:...give the worst answer
p1:how can india grow?
me:blah infra infra...
p2 lost so is p1
p2:no work ex....
me:no
You'd wonder how do i remember so much?Check the score i got
25??/50(lost it here big time needed 5 more to get through...)

Thanx Great_II. But how did u know ur gd score ????:

i think that was great's last year's experience....

ciao

how they decide the list of final students?????
is the marks for written score added to the total marks??????
and what was the last year cut off?????????
seniors plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how much is the weightage of a work ex of 1.5 years for NMIMS.

Do they give scores after the rounds are over? Please shed some light on this.

u get scores when final results come...
ciao

how they decide the list of final students?????
is the marks for written score added to the total marks??????
and what was the last year cut off?????????
seniors plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SENIORS PLZ REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man thnx for the input....can u tell whether there was dress code or sth. I mean simple formals with tie will do or people wore blazers too????

Cheers
Gaurav

vipul.vaid Says
SENIORS PLZ REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey..
m not an NM guy but just an aspirant like u...neways the final selection is based on ur cumulative score of the written,gd,pi and work ex if applicable...the total's 300 out of which u have 200 for the writen, 30 for gd, 50 for pi and 20 for work ex....last year the cut-offs were around 160/300....
hope that helps...n guys who"v had thr their gds pls post ur experiences here yaar...will help a lot...
cheers

@gaurav....

me gave gd/pi last year in bangalore....you had half the junta in blazers...so its ur pick...
ciao

@gaurav....

me gave gd/pi last year in bangalore....you had half the junta in blazers...so its ur pick...
ciao

Thnx dude!!!! R u in NM now???? Tell sth. abt ur GD/PI exp.?

Cheers
Gaurav

not in nm...had a rank of 1700 last time...went fr the experience...landed up finally on 600....
gave the exam this yr too..am on 1253...going by last year's trend...lets c....lol....

and abt last year....don't remember everything exatly but here goes...

gd topic which the group chose was abt the necessity of nuclear weapons.....was agood gd...a lil chaotic...all of us got syuck a lot on ppoverty issues...
group was full of guys....no luck as Great_II had.....

anyways abt the pi: a different panel...
they asked me abt the meaning of my name..a lot on tennis and world war 2 as they my areas of interest...abt mba and how i perceived my job profile to be after 10 years....family background...a little on cad/cam which is my fav subject...also y the switch from mech to management...which other calls...cat percentiel et al....
all in all around 15 minutes of interview...

my scores were:
written was arnd 81.xx
gd was 23...wasnt good fr me...
pi:42...

obv no work ex and all that so extra marks...

hope this helped...waiting fr people to post their experiences today...got mine tomorrow...

atb..
ciao

not in nm...had a rank of 1700 last time...went fr the experience...landed up finally on 600....
gave the exam this yr too..am on 1253...going by last year's trend...lets c....lol....

and abt last year....don't remember everything exatly but here goes...

gd topic which the group chose was abt the necessity of nuclear weapons.....was agood gd...a lil chaotic...all of us got syuck a lot on ppoverty issues...
group was full of guys....no luck as Great_II had.....

anyways abt the pi: a different panel...
they asked me abt the meaning of my name..a lot on tennis and world war 2 as they my areas of interest...abt mba and how i perceived my job profile to be after 10 years....family background...a little on cad/cam which is my fav subject...also y the switch from mech to management...which other calls...cat percentiel et al....
all in all around 15 minutes of interview...

my scores were:
written was arnd 81.xx
gd was 23...wasnt good fr me...
pi:42...

obv no work ex and all that so extra marks...

hope this helped...waiting fr people to post their experiences today...got mine tomorrow...

atb..
ciao

THnx a lot man!!! so u had a good PI it seems and ur rank jumped some 1100 ...thts cool...my rank is arnd 1100 ..so do u really think we guys hva chance..have 2+ work ex....Anyways Best of Luck brother...hope to c ya at NM....:

Cheers
Gaurav