Nanyang Class of 2014 aspirants

The Nanyang admissions microwebsite opens today. Hence thought of starting a thread on Nanyang. This thread is intended for all those who intend to apply to the Nanayang business school this year. Sharing my profile: Exp: 9 years Industr…

The Nanyang admissions microwebsite opens today. Hence thought of starting a thread on Nanyang. This thread is intended for all those who intend to apply to the Nanayang business school this year.

Sharing my profile:
Exp: 9 years
Industry: IT
Role: Project Lead
GMAT: 700
Extra cirriculars - None while at college. However have been active in social contribution activities and organised some cultural and sports events at my organisation. Recently I have been active in exposing corrupt practices at my co-operative housing society.
International exposure: Never worked outside India
Paper submission: Have a paper published in an international conferenceďťż.

Now coming to the admission website. Even though the admissions page mentions that the admission microwebsite opens on Oct 1st, I don't see the link available. Does anyone know whom can I contact ? and how ?

Regards,
kp

The admission login link is accessible from the following link:

http://www.thenanyangmba.com/admissions/index.html

Click on the "Apply Now" button on the right hand side of the page.

@y2tellu Thanks for starting this thread.

Can anyone share the placement details of Nanyang? (I could not find on Nanyang website)

Also can anyone compare NUS and Nanyang.

A brief about my profie:

GMAT: 690

Work exp: 5 years in Mech. industry in sales & mktg. division

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for Nanyang, 2014 intake. Can someone provide me some guidance. My profile goes as :

Xth (2004): 76%
XIIth (2006): 74%
B.E (Electronics & Communications in 2010) : 65%
Work Exp : 2y 10m in telecom industry as of now
*Couple of official overseas trip to South East Asian Countries
GMAT : planning to take in July end and aiming 750

Please let me know what are the chances if I hit a bare minimum of 700 in GMAT.

@Architsaini

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for Nanyang, 2014 intake. Can someone provide me some guidance. My profile goes as :

Xth (2004): 76%XIIth (2006): 74%B.E (Electronics & Communications in 2010) : 65%Work Exp : 2y 10m in telecom industry as of now*Couple of official overseas trip to South East Asian CountriesGMAT : planning to take in July end and aiming 750

Please let me know what are the chances if I hit a bare minimum of 700 in GMAT.

Dear Archit,

1) GMAT is just one aspect of your application. A score of 700+ would be good enough for NUS.

2) NUS looks for clarity of goals and strong professional values hence you have to think a lot about your work profile and bring out the best points.

3) You will also have to connect your goals to your work profile and how MBA will help you realize those goals.

4) Last but not the least, in a competitive pool of applicants you will have to incorporate your differentiating factors very well into your essays.

Hope this helps.

@sayantan1988 Mid September is a good time to take GMAT, that way you can aim a great score and at the same time target following B-schools in South-East Asia.
1) ISB R2
2) NTU R1
3) NUS R1
@sayantan1988

IMT and Great Lakes? I think you can do better than that. Obviously Insead would be quite tough so would be HKUST. In South East Asia look for ISB, NUS and NTU. Don't go Europe. US you can look for Indiana Kelley, Maryland Smith. Though Texas Mccombs and UCLA Anderson can be tough nuts to crack at your profile but worth giving a shot. Get 730+ in GMAT and then aim for these good B-schools. Don't under-rate yourself.

@iamloki

@ivyctor2010

Hi Ivy

Here is my profile

I started working at oracle as an IT consultant in july 2011. I worked there for 22 months, primarily on Support and Quality Assurance. The work was not very challenging, but I did take many initiatives and even got an appreciation reward for a project.

However, with time I realized that a software job was not something I could continue with, I joined ZS Associates recently. I am an analyst here and work on SAS. So my prior work experience at oracle and knowledge of SQL has been pretty helpful and I am progressing well here.

By the time of the commencement of the 2015 batch, i will have close to 34 (22 months at oracle + 11 months ZS) months of experience.

I have decent extra-curriculars, and I have been actively involved with a few NGO's as well. I am into even organization, and was into the core committee for Oracle annual fest Ora Ovations.

Can youplease give me a realistic opinion on my chances of making it to ISB/NUS/NTU? Also, if I make it to these colleges, would I suffer during placements because of a comparatively lower work exp?

Do NUS and NTU accept people with 3 year experience?

I think I replied to your queries in one of the other forums, can't seem to relocate it so will reply again. Even in the technical scope of work you have been in, if you have been working in high business impact areas such as customer experience, revenue creation or strategy then it strengthens your profile. For example (hypothetical) working for ZS for a data analytics project for a hospital you should also take keen interest in understanding how the predictive model you create will aid to that hospital's business. Will you be able to relate patient experience or recognized revenue to some key predictive factors such as waiting times, doctor availability (and other category variables) then you are not just a nerd working on a data analytics project (no offense to nerds) but a mature professional who understands his place in the whole value chain. Writing all this into essays in an impeccable manner is another crucial task that will present you as a very strong candidate for an MBA admission. Your placements question is immature, as a lot will happen during your MBA that will change the course of your career.

Xth (2004): 84.8%XIIth (2006): 77.8%B.E (Electronics & Communications in 2010) : 71.1%Work Exp :

3 + years in IBM as APplication developer , just recently joined Family Business , my query is - Is Being Self Employed put you behind the people working in Big Companies or are you playing on the same field ??

Please Reply!!

Hi

I had given my GRE in 2010 while in college and have a score of 1510 which is an equivalent of 750 in the GMAT.

I'm applying with the GRE score only for the fall 2014 Semester as I don't think I can get a better score now 😁

I currently have 2 yrs of experience in Deloitte Consulting(IT) and would have 3 yrs by fall 2014.

I have a high GPA in college 8.8 and high marks in 10th and 12th board exams

I have also worked in a start-up helping them expand their business and have a few other organizational activities under my belt.

Is my profile alright for Nanyang if presented properly.

Thanks

I got GMAt score of 610 ..can i apply to nanyang and expect that they will atelase conaide my GMAT score or should i again take the test and apply at a latter point of time . Please help ..tks in advance and also which all colleges are good for the above score ..work ex : 4 plus years in IT as well as in Non IT field .

Hello all! It would be great to know about the employment scenario in Singapore as well as placement prospects post NTU- MBA, especially for the general management track. It would be of great help if the current students can share their insights on this. Many thanks!

its been a while that we have applied for R1..any body received any calls yet?

@talli

its been a while that we have applied for R1..any body received any calls yet?

nope. nothing as yet. i checked the portal and it says "application under process"....

Hi all! Anyone got any info on the schedules or the details about Video interview ?

Hi all! Anyone got any info on the schedules or the details about Video interview ?

Sent a mail to NTU regarding application status.. This is their reply-

Due to overwhelming applications, we seek your kind understanding. Your application is complete. Interview processes can be expected around early March/April.  If you have been shortlisted for an interview, we'll then get in touch with you again via email.

Thank you.

did anyone encountered an updated application status ? Nanyang's final decision for R2 was due today ? 

Any interview calls????