Nanyang application interviews and admits (2008)

Hi folks Lets discuss and share our Nanyang 2008 application queries and beyond. Few related links in Pagalguy http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/13808-admits-nanyang-mba-nbs-2006-a.html http:…

Hi folks

Lets discuss and share our Nanyang 2008 application queries and beyond.

Few related links in Pagalguy

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admits-for-nanyang-mba-nbs-for-2006-25013808
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admit-from-nanyang-business-school-25012369
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nanyang-anyone-25007790

Hi folks

Lets discuss and share our Nanyang 2008 application queries and beyond.

hi there...

i look forward to apply to nanyang...heres my profile...
acads... good
wrk ex... 4 yrs by fall next year
gmat...730/4.0

all the best to all the fellow applicants....

Me 2 in line...
Work ex of 4 yrs by Aug 08.
GMAT 710/5.0

Great!

Has any one completed the application? It opens up a new page with lots of info to be filled in. I started on with the app, but did not complete and clsed the page in between.

From some website I got the info about the Nanyang essays

Nanyang MBA Essays 2008:
Please answer the following questions using separate sheets of paper with your name written on the top. It should be typewritten, a font size of 12 and double-spacing is preferred.

Nanyang Essay 1. What are your reasons for wishing to pursue an MBA now, at this point in your career? (maximum 100 words)

Nanyang Essay 2. The Nanyang MBA is a highly interactive programme and values participation and diversity in the classroom. What can you contribute to the programme and your fellow participants in class? (maximum 200 words)

Nanyang Essay 3. Describe a situation or experience that demonstrates your leadership ability or potential. This situation or experience does not necessarily have to be related to your current job. (maximum 300 words)

Nanyang Essay 4. Describe a failure you encountered and how you handled it professionally and personally. (maximum 300 words)

Nanyang Essay for reapplicants: What have you achieved since you last applied for admission that will enable the Selection Committee to view your application differently? (maximum 200 words)

I have 2.5 yrs of IT exp.

A low GMAT score 😞 still taking my chances.

Whas your GMAT score.. I think essays play a crucial part in the application. Chalk out some wonderful essays and you are in with a chance.

Hey..i checked out the Nanyang website but it does not mention that the applications for 2008 have opened..Could anyone confirm this please..??..can we start filling the applications..??..Thanks..

Rohit Sh Says
Hey..i checked out the Nanyang website but it does not mention that the applications for 2008 have opened..Could anyone confirm this please..??..can we start filling the applications..??..Thanks..

Hi Rohit,

The application is open, here is the link where you can find the details:

Nanyang MBA

Hi guys,

I am interested in applying to NANYANG this year.

My brief profile:
2 yrs in IT as on date.
GMAT :750, AWA 5
Acads : decent
ECA: Very Good .

Wat are my chances fellars??
Also, wen's the deadline? cant see it on the website!

Cheers!
Shruti.

hi Folks,

But how good is Nanyang as far as placements are concerned....Any PPO's kind of stuff there????

Hi guys,

I am interested in applying to NANYANG this year.

My brief profile:
2 yrs in IT as on date.
GMAT :750, AWA 5
Acads : decent
ECA: Very Good .

Wat are my chances fellars??
Also, wen's the deadline? cant see it on the website!

Cheers!
Shruti.

Hi ShrutiNarayan,

This is what I found on the website:

What is the application deadline?
Admission is on a rolling basis. Please click here to apply and academic calendar for information on the start date of trimesters.

Sounds like there is no specific date and they keep accepting applications till they reach capacity.
So I guess, earlier the better.

Hi,
The essays in the application are slightly different from the ones mentioned above. They are

(1) Give an evaluation of your career to date. Elaborate on your career plans and your motivation for pursuing the Nanyang MBA. ( maximum 300 words)

(2) If you were a member of our Selection Committee, how would you evaluate your own application? (maximum 300 words)

(3) Please answer 2 out of the 3 questions below. (maximum 300 words in total)
a. When I am not at work, I .....
b. If I could change one thing in my work environment .....
c. If I were selecting a worthy cause to support on behalf of my organization, .....

(4) Describe a failure you encountered and how you handled it professionally. (maximum 300 words)

I find the essay (3)c unclear. "If I were selecting a worthy cause to support on behalf of my organization, ..... " What do you guys think it stands for?

The application requires you to send a photocopy of your graduation Transcripts to Nanyang along with other items like Referee reports(recos). In my university they do not give us the transcript, they mail it directly to the college in which you want to apply. So this means that one does not get the chance to take a photostat of the transcript and send all the application documents together in a single pack.

Did anybody else face this problem. Any solution to this?

Guys,

I am an aspirant for a 1 year MBA in 2008 as well.

Profile:

Male/27
Gmat: 680
Acad: Avg.
Exp: 7+ in BPO & Remote IT Services

Looking to explore other sectors like Investment Banking etc.

Is Nanyang something I should be trying for and does my profiel seem to be a good fit?

Kd

Hi Rajan,

I do agree that the essays mentioned in the above post are different from the ones mentioned by you. As about your question i guess the Adcom wants to look for a cause which could be say social work done by the company's mgmt or perhaps promotion of local sports say sponsorship of a 10k run and how you as individual can help in providing more force to this worthy cause. That is my personal opinion and accordingly I am going ahead and framing my essay.

Meanwhile I am confused by Second Essay
"
(2) If you were a member of our Selection Committee, how would you evaluate your own application? (maximum 300 words) "

I have two lines of thought on this
1. As a member of the selection committee what all the qualities a member of selection committee looks forward in an applicant?
2. As a member of the selection committee how good , decent , bad I would rate my own application .

I feel it should be option 1 because for any applicant his application is good.

So guys do let me know your thought process.

Thanks.

Hi,
The essays in the application are slightly different from the ones mentioned above. They are

(1) Give an evaluation of your career to date. Elaborate on your career plans and your motivation for pursuing the Nanyang MBA. ( maximum 300 words)

(2) If you were a member of our Selection Committee, how would you evaluate your own application? (maximum 300 words)

(3) Please answer 2 out of the 3 questions below. (maximum 300 words in total)
a. When I am not at work, I .....
b. If I could change one thing in my work environment .....
c. If I were selecting a worthy cause to support on behalf of my organization, .....

(4) Describe a failure you encountered and how you handled it professionally. (maximum 300 words)

I find the essay (3)c unclear. "If I were selecting a worthy cause to support on behalf of my organization, ..... " What do you guys think it stands for?

Hi ashu,

My interpretation of the essay given below

(2) If you were a member of our Selection Committee, how would you evaluate your own application? (maximum 300 words) "

I agree with your option 2

"2. As a member of the selection committee how good , decent , bad I would rate my own application "

i believe they want us to express all our achievements and strong points through this essay...

----------------------------------------------

as for my earlier question on the essay

I have written it with idea that we need to tell on what parameters will i select the cost...

eg there is marathon run, there is a old age home etc.. many different good causes.. so which of these cause i will select for my organization to support and why

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i have one more query..

1) we need to give the photostat of our transcripts to nanyang in the application letter. but my university CUSAT sends the transcript directly to the college. so i will not get the transcript in my hand to take photostat and send it...

any idea how this problem can be tackled?

any idea when the calls for interview start and when the interviews start?

got 650 (qa-50,va-27:(,awa-waiting)
my profile is
10:77%
12:80.2%
btech(ece): 81.3%

working as embedded software engineer in Lnt Infotech.. will complete two yrs by aug 2008...what are my chances..shd i apply..please tell

Well this is something we will run into for the other Universities as well. I checked up with other Universities and they seem to be ok having the original transcripts because in some case as in mine the transcripts are sealed. So I will go ahead and send the original along with other supporting documents. Thanks Ashu

Hi ashu,

My interpretation of the essay given below

I agree with your option 2
"2. As a member of the selection committee how good , decent , bad I would rate my own application "
i believe they want us to express all our achievements and strong points through this essay...
----------------------------------------------
as for my earlier question on the essay
I have written it with idea that we need to tell on what parameters will i select the cost...
eg there is marathon run, there is a old age home etc.. many different good causes.. so which of these cause i will select for my organization to support and why
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now i have one more query..
1) we need to give the photostat of our transcripts to nanyang in the application letter. but my university CUSAT sends the transcript directly to the college. so i will not get the transcript in my hand to take photostat and send it...
any idea how this problem can be tackled?