Nanyang 2009 application process & admits

when do their applications start ?
I am interested too, NITian to boot.

@ prakamo

Pls let me kno in detail bt de admission dates n procedures followed...presently m preparing for CAT....so it wud gud to kno de dates of importance for NTU....

Hi,

My profile is as follows..
Class X - 76.53 %
Class XII - 84.33 %
B.E.(2007) - (Government college) - 75 % (in final year)
68 % (Overall average)
Extracurriculars - Quite decent...Won and participated in various events at college level.
Work Ex - Working in the worlds top IT firm from Dec 07..
Dint yet decide on wat date to chose for GMAT...Probably Late September.wanna pursue my MBA in Marketing.
Pls guide me about my chances at Nanyang...

Cheers,
Ravi.

Hi all aspiring Nanyang MBA students for 2009,

Nanyang is a great business school! It is the best school in Singapore and well, some say the best in South East Asia.

I have personally enjoyed the programme very much and learnt a lot from Nanyang. Feel free to go my blog to see how I did what I do since I joined them 2006 ... e.g. go to Korea for a study trip (sponsored by Samsung), publish my first article at Harvard Business Review on strategies in HR, go to Switzerland to learn my second master to work with McKinsey ....

Good luck to all!

For those of you might need help in crafting your CV, cover letters, application essays etc for your application, feel free to pm or email me to get a sample work of mine. I have been helping other professionals to get into top business schools in Asia and Europe.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Who all need to give TOEFL?
Do we Indians need to.. if we have studied in English Medium throughout?

All,

I do not find any info on 2009 admissions in the Nanyang website...any pointers?

thnx!

Hi all,

I am also planning to apply for NTU. Just went through their site and it seems that they have started accepting applications for 2008-09. But couldnt find any deadlines... One clarification, if any one could answer.. Is toefl required if you had English medium instructions throughout ? Would be glad if some one could answer.. Do we have some one from NTU in the threads....

Hi all,

Nanyang is currently updating their MBA website, thus, we can expect to see a new updated website within weeks.

Good luck to all!

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hi all,

I am also planning to apply for NTU. Just went through their site and it seems that they have started accepting applications for 2008-09. But couldnt find any deadlines... One clarification, if any one could answer.. Is toefl required if you had English medium instructions throughout ? Would be glad if some one could answer.. Do we have some one from NTU in the threads....

Who all need to give TOEFL?
Do we Indians need to.. if we have studied in English Medium throughout?

TOEFL not required for Indian Students who have had English as their medium of instruction in under graduate degree (bachelors)

The essay topics should be out by August. For the current batch the deadline was March 31, 2008. The interviews started in mid april. Final decisions sometimes go on till June.

P.s. I had an admit for the current batch but decided to join NUS instead. There are 4-5 users at PG who have admits from Nanyang. Search For them them in Nanyang 2008 thread.

Jaimin

Does Nanyang have any job fairs or campus placements? If so, do Indian companies also participate?

or is it left to the individual to find job for themselves?

Hi everyone,
Just had 1 simple query :
2 yr experience is mandatory in Nanyang. Now my job began on 28th Aug 2007. And I want to apply for 2009 fall. So am i eligible ?

Please reply soon.

Hello Puys,

do you have any idea whether Nanyang B-School does accept CAT score or not?

Hi,

@n2n
Applicants are expected to possess:
  1. At least two years work experience;
It says expected.. I think it means atleast 2 yrs is desirable but I dont think they will deny any exceptionally qualified, talented candidate who just falls short by 1-2 months.

See to it that their other requirements are met with exceptional statistics. Keep your finger crossed. Hope for the best.

@2007-08 admits / Others, please correct if I am wrong

Its preferable that you complete 2 years... when u write x years in work ex, the school expects you to x years... but couple of months is generally fione....

however when u are at bare minimum, its prefered u have atleast minimum...

ISB this year offered a deferred admit to a friend who had successful application but fell short of min 2 years by 2 months...

having said that i would suggest contact adcom...

Hello Puys,

do you have any idea whether Nanyang B-School does accept CAT score or not?

Nanyang does not take CAT score... the only school outside India which accepts Indian exam is AIM which takes XAT score....

Hi,

Let me try to answer as many questions as I can from previous posts:

1) Can one have less than 2 years work experience join Nanyang? by nitesh2nuts

Yes, but very unlikely, unless you have proven yourself to be exceptional and highly talented. First, your application package needs to be almost perfect, so that you can gain an interview; Second, you have to prove yourself to be exceptional during your interview to convince them that you are ready.

Just to share with you, I did my interview with Nanyang after 16 months full time job and was accepted. I believe at that time, I was among one of the few have slightly less than two years of work experience.

2) Does Nanyang affect CAT? by no-talent

Well, you still need a good GMAT score no matter what. Unless you have worked for more than 8 years or so, then this requirement would be relaxed.

3) Does Nanyang has job fair? by Kittykitty

Yes. Other than a large job fair every year and a number of smaller one, MBAs also have some special networking sessions with employers. Some Indian companies have previously participated in the networking sessions.

Good luck to all!

Kind regards,
Thomas

First of all wow !
I am a new entrant on pagalguy.com and m impressed by the response time. Cool ! Thanks a lot.
Now, 2 more queries :
1. I scored roughly 80's in X n XII. 71% in B.Tech. Have a descent co-curricular record in sports n cultural activities. Joined infosys last year Aug and by the time i get into a MBA col, hav no plans of job switch.
This said, i need sugesstions as in how can i utilize my next few months till next June so as to ensure admission into Nanyang or some other gud MBA col outside India.
Please keeo in mind that ur advise will play a vital role in my career.

2. Where can i find the details of the top B-Schools in Asia ?

Pls clarify ...
Nanyang Business School will take CAT'08 score for '09 admission ?
if so what are is date to apply for 09-10 admissions.

Khushboo

There are no details about placement activity on the website. Any insights about it?

Can somebody please provide me with the various deadlines for the admission in 2009 Fall.

The CAT bulletin states that nanyang business school accepts CAt score. Does anyone have any details on this?

Hi,

I am planning to apply for NTU this year. Considering the fact that I don't have a great GMAT score and that I am from the IT industry, I would like to know your opinion about my profile and if it stands a chance in front of NTU AdCOM.

28/M/Indian
GMAT score : 650/5.0
Work Ex: 6 yrs in IT with a top Indian Software company ; with 1.5 yrs International exp in Europe
Acads : Good at school and college level
Extra-curricular : Decent throughout

Thank you!