My Nation - India

One of the largest Democratic countries in the World, was on the verge of losing its centennial decade-old priceless heritage, and it remained hanging on the cliff for hundreds of years, till an unassuming man felt the pain of the people of the na…

One of the largest Democratic countries in the World, was on the verge of losing its centennial decade-old priceless heritage, and it remained hanging on the cliff for hundreds of years, till an unassuming man felt the pain of the people of the nation, and decided not to turn back. M.K. Gandhi, who drove the country out of the strangulating clutches of the British Empire, was an exemplary philosopher with iron-like determination. And on the decision of British to retreat back, Jawaharlal Nehru, an exceptional orator, gave one of the greatest speeches in the Parliament, on August 14, 1947. This speech echoed all over the world, millions wept, and the World realized that India will one day become a superpower. The sun that rose in India on that day, was destined never to set.

Nehru speaks

Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this moment we take the pledge of dedication to the service of India and her people and to the still large cause of Humanity.

At the dawn of history, India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike, she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength. We end today, a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again. The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that awaits us. Are we brave enough and wise enough to grasp this opportunity and accept the challenge of the future?

The land of India was blessed with great leaders like Sarder Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, Maulana Azad, Lal Bahadur Sastri, Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Bhagath Singh, Tagore, and many more. Their fortitude and bravery, has been lost in the play scripts. The hope and faith has survived through these tumultuous and insensate periods after Independence, but they are now crushed under the rubble of corruption, insensitivity, and selfish greed for might.

Peoples trust is getting hogged in the process of political struggle for supremacy. Great souls are cruelly pushed behind the curtains, to be lost in oblivion, and qualities like greed and selfishness, is acclaimed. Sense of humanity is belittled for demonstrating to the masses that when it comes to success of any kind, morality must take the back seat. The inherent strength of India, the cultural heritage, is denounced for the insentient attraction for the Western enculturation.

The World is changing, and is changing very fast, but it is that nation to claim the supremacy, which beholds its yesteryears of struggle in success and failure. Our inimitable originality is lost in the struggle to pursue the superfluous quest of others. The destiny of the nation belongs to the people of the nation, and we will not succumb to extraneous impels, we will not surrender our faith, we shall vanquish our foes and reclaim our triumph.

If you can revalue the grit and gumption lying dormant inside you, we can revive our nation from dying a slow painful death, and proclaim to the World, that India is not a nation that follows, but leads. The time has come, which comes only rarely in history, to redeem our pledge to the sacred soil of India. The moment is here, to unite and act.

@PUPIL :

why dont u join some newspaper or magazine

I m calling all CAT aspirantss to read pupil's posts. Good Material for RC section. Bahu lambi posts hoti hai iski.

@PUPIL :

why dont u join some newspaper or magazine

I m calling all CAT aspirantss to read pupil's posts. Good Material for RC section. Bahu lambi posts hoti hai iski.

Boss, posts ki quality bhi badhiya hai.He is adding a lot of value .keep it up:)

Pupil from where did u copied and pasted it ???

erudite123 Says
Pupil from where did u copied and pasted it ???

hey dear. I think its his own view. Whether u agree with his view or not thats different thing. But see how he is discussing the MEN VS women issue on other thread. SO its original. Why doubt someone's creativity ?

@iiim

Buddy,if u think that pupil is feeling so much patriotic towards his country,then why did'nt he made any more post after starting this thread.He should carry on this thread further.Clearly he has copied & pasted this good article one day, & got nothing more to say about it
As far as his threads regarding Man vs Woman are concerned, that's his sheer frustation.There is nothing creative about it.
But i think u r right. I should'nt make personal remarks on anyone.I'm sorry for it.

@iiim

Buddy,if u think that pupil is feeling so much patriotic towards his country,then why did'nt he made any more post after starting this thread.He should carry on this thread further.Clearly he has copied & pasted this good article one day, & got nothing more to say about it

Hi erudite.

1st of all the question is not about patriosam . You questioned his creativity.

2nt thing , He can carry on only if some 1 has opposed his views or He has some reason to respond.

erudite123 Says
As far as his threads regarding Man vs Woman are concerned, that's his sheer frustation.There is nothing creative about

Whether he is writing out of frustation or anything , whether he is creative or not that is different thing. But he is replying in his own words.

Don't ever question my creativity. Yes, I am saying this humbly.
You'll don't know me or anything about me.

And I have not instigated any gender war. It is absolutely wrong to say that other threads are about Men Vs Women. It is about Justice Vs Injustice. Now if the perpetrators of injustice happens to be bad women, then how is it my fault? If you can't tolerate criticizm for bad women, then it only shows your prejudice. No, I am not bias like most women. If I will know that the perpetrators are some bad men, I will criticize those bad men without letting the gender get in between. But you'll are bring in the gender issue. I am only focusing on justice and injustice.

Yes, My Nation -India is in my own words. I have not copied from anywhere. It would have been believable if you wouldn't have judged me from other threads, which isn't about Men Vs Women. You will like yourself if you don't assume anything about me.

@iiim, thanks.

@erudite, you want more posts, you got it. But remember, never question my creativity or knowledge. You know nothing about me.

You are so polite n humble! :sarcasm:
Mahip Says

What do you think you are doing? erutide first offended me and he also admitted that he offended me, and now you are passing a sarcastic remark on me.

Anyways, I care not what you think or how you think, if at all you.......you know what I mean :sarcasm: .
Who can fight like Anil against Reservation?

Anil, a medical student, and a single child of his parents, is gathered around a large group of other students inside the premises of his college. The chaos around the whole area with more than a thousand students has led him to get totally involved in the situation. He was able to hear only his close friend Nikhils voice because of the loud shouts and yelling of other students.

Hey, I am telling you, it is not a good idea to go out there like this said Nikhil to another student name Gaurav. Gaurav replied, Listen, we are not going to tolerate this and we are not alone, we have more than one thousand students with us.

Anil was not able to understand what he must do. He was confused because Nikhil was not in favour of violent agitation and Gaurav was too excited and enthusiastic to display his courage in front of the camera. Anil silently observed everything around him.

The students began to move out of the college premises and onto the open road. Gaurav said, Hey, come on, lets go. We dont have much time. Nikhil asked Anil, What do you want to do? I am not in favour of such a violent agitation. Anil replied, Me neither. Besides, we dont even know Gaurav.

Gaurav forced both of them to join him and walked toward a nearby Government Office. All the thousand students were wearing the white coat holding differently sized banners shouting different slogans against reservation. Anil couldnt hear what the students were shouting because all the students were saying something different. He hesitantly walked with Nikhil and Gaurav.

Gaurav was taking the lead and held Nikhil and Anil by his arms and strode confidently in the front line of the group. After an hour, they all reached to the Government office. Students didnt hesitate when they saw a couple of large police vans parked outside the Government Office. Cops, wearing shields on their face holding long thick bamboos stick, stood in a line, ready for any command.

Anil wondered why the students are not stopping; the cops are standing in front to defend. Nikhil said, Gaurav, I think we walked enough. We should stop here. Gaurav aggressively replied, To hell with these coward cops, they cant do anything to us.

Just a few yards off the Government offices, the cops began to walk toward the students. Students still continued walking, shouting and yelling, waving their banners violently. Anil was beginning to feel the tension, but Gaurav held his arms tightly. Students were nearing and cops were hitting the ground with their long sticks and swinging in the air.

Just a few feet away, cops suddenly strode toward them raising their bamboo sticks and started pushing the students back. A tall, dark and hefty cop gave a violent push to Anil and Gaurav. Nikhil snapped, Run Anil, run.

Gaurav pushed one of the cops, and within seconds three other cops surrounded him. Anil saw Nikhil running away, and then saw Gaurav surrounded by cops and was about to get a horrible beating. In all the chaos, Anil pushed one of the cops and held Gauravs hand and tried to get out of the circle of cops.

As he was about to succeed getting out of the chakraviyu, a cop running toward him from the side, swung his long thick bamboo stick right on his cheek bone and he fell flat on the ground bleeding. He wasnt unconscious. Gaurav managed to get away with his break neck running speed.

The sound of the chaos was deafening. Students who ran away were still shouting with their slogans. Anil was bleeding profusely from the eyebrows and gradually looked up. He saw the students scattered all over the place, and cops were circling few students, beating them with their sticks one by one. He got a shiver down to his spine hearing the loud flat sound of the sticks hitting the bodies of the students.

As he looked up, another cop came by and swung his stick right on his calves, he screamed. He tried to get up but another cop came and held him by his hair and gave a hard blow with his elbow on his lower back. He fell down again in immense pain.

He began to feel dizzy and tried again to get up. He looked at one cop staring at him angrily, came running toward him and kicked him right on his face. This time, he passed out. He was not moving. His eyes were shut and he couldnt hear any noise.

A cop held his jeans from the bottom and dragged him to the police van and dumped his unconscious body into the van with other badly injured students.
Mahip Says

I am nt sure, if i am takin it personal or over reactin. But then Mahip, i din expect this from u. Am still thinkin if u posted this.. Dude, knowin u, u shudn have done that..

On top of that, u must realise that u bein a Mod are also the one who has to set standards for others and in particular newbies.

I am sorry for takin it in public, but then all said and done, I din appreciate this post at all..!
I am nt sure, if i am takin it personal or over reactin. But then Mahip, i din expect this from u. Am still thinkin if u posted this.. Dude, knowin u, u shudn have done that..

On top of that, u must realise that u bein a Mod are also the one who has to set standards for others and in particular newbies.

I am sorry for takin it in public, but then all said and done, I din appreciate this post at all..!

I can only say if it comes to sarcasm then no one absolutely No1 can beat maverick , other can only try

@all everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion , lets not target the contributor , instead we should discuss on what has been contributed ... I think that is one of the ethos of this site (hate to call it a site ) means a lot to me .. I have only one request .. pls mention the source in case you are copying .. I know its an insult to a person creativity , if its original work .. but still we also have a right to ask , incase we have a doubt .. lets not take offence ...

love being on pg

regards

shailesh
pls mention the source in case you are copying .. I know its an insult to a person creativity , if its original work .. but still we also have a right to ask , incase we have a doubt .. lets not take offence ...

shailesh

Okay Shailash, let me think!!!!!:huh:

Let me first remember what I have done.
I started writing from the age of 14.
Wrote 444 proverbs, 122 poetries, 76 short stories, 6 books(2 published) .........and I have just begun my journey.

You were saying you have some doubts, shailash ?????

(PS:When you'll grow up then I will, on my own, let you know the name of my book. Once again, do not assume anything about me.)
I can only say if it comes to sarcasm then no one absolutely No1 can beat maverick , other can only try

@all everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion , lets not target the contributor , instead we should discuss on what has been contributed ... I think that is one of the ethos of this site (hate to call it a site ) means a lot to me .. I have only one request .. pls mention the source in case you are copying .. I know its an insult to a person creativity , if its original work .. but still we also have a right to ask , incase we have a doubt .. lets not take offence ...

love being on pg

regards

shailesh

Dear Pupil ,

I think you did not read my post carefully , U just replied to selective text based on your interpretation .. pls see the use of incase in my post ... in case someone doubts your work and it depends on people .. whether they think that you have copied or not ....now the question is .. people dont know whether you are a child prodigy or a celebrated author .. and as has been the case , there have been people who copied from somewhere and passed off the work as theirs ... I wouldnt have taken offence if someone asked me whether my work has been copied .. rather I would have clarified ...

I am not in favour of you , neither am I against you , I am just in favour of not discussing the person who has contributed .. but the contribution .. as after all its a discussion forum ....

what the hell? Guys can we stop this....! And pupil come on why u tarnishin the beauty of ur own posts.. What the hell.. Come on Guys, we all are Puys.. Shame on us, that we fighting amongst ourselves..

One more Post and tats it.. U ppl have it.. Huh..! Enuff guys Enuff...!

I appologise all for the shit happenin around from this thread.. Now plz be cool and move on.. Can we be positive nw on..!

But the fact remains, the post was AWESOME..

Dear Pupil ,

people dont know whether you are a child prodigy or a celebrated author .. and as has been the case , there have been people who copied from somewhere and passed off the work as theirs ... I wouldnt have taken offence if someone asked me whether my work has been copied .. rather I would have clarified ...

I agree with this.

Hey Pupil why dont u reveal ur identity

And I have not instigated any gender war. It is absolutely wrong to say that other threads are about Men Vs Women. It is about Justice Vs Injustice. Now if the perpetrators of injustice happens to be bad women, then how is it my fault? If you can't tolerate criticizm for bad women, then it only shows your prejudice. No, I am not bias like most women. If I will know that the perpetrators are some bad men, I will criticize those bad men without letting the gender get in between. But you'll are bring in the gender issue. I am only focusing on justice and injustice.

Yes, My Nation -India is in my own words. I have not copied from anywhere. It would have been believable if you wouldn't have judged me from other threads, which isn't about Men Vs Women. You will like yourself if you don't assume anything about me.

@iiim, thanks.

@erudite, you want more posts, you got it. But remember, never question my creativity or knowledge. You know nothing about me.

:wow: Mr Pupil..Am not doubting your creativity ..one bit..:satisfie: juat wondering why the text on your thread is a straight lift from

IndianRebel's Blog : My Nation - India, IndianRebel blogs on sulekha, Current Affairs blogs, IndianRebel blog from india

Or maybe it is the other way round...

Of course if you are "Indian Rebel"...of that blog as you might well claim..then I seriously doubt your creativity...Why would you exactly copy paste your words??..I am sure with your fantastic hyper-creativity..you could have written an original piece for PG on the same topic.(Yuo have been writing for 7-8 years ))and also for your blog..We at PG are fiercely proud of our originality..and do not copy paste material from another source without mentioning that source..nor do we expect our material to appear elsewhere without refernce to us...I think the Mods should look into this..

Regards
Tanveer
Who can fight like Anil against Reservation?
Anil, a medical student, and a single child of his parents, is gathered around a large group of other students inside the premises of his college. The chaos around the whole area with more than a thousand students has led him to get totally involved in the situation. He was able to hear only his close friend Nikhils voice because of the loud shouts and yelling of other students.
Hey, I am telling you, it is not a good idea to go out there like this said Nikhil to another student name Gaurav. Gaurav replied, Listen, we are not going to tolerate this and we are not alone, we have more than one thousand students with us.
Anil was not able to understand what he must do. He was confused because Nikhil was not in favour of violent agitation and Gaurav was too excited and enthusiastic to display his courage in front of the camera. Anil silently observed everything around him.
The students began to move out of the college premises and onto the open road. Gaurav said, Hey, come on, lets go. We dont have much time. Nikhil asked Anil, What do you want to do? I am not in favour of such a violent agitation. Anil replied, Me neither. Besides, we dont even know Gaurav.
Gaurav forced both of them to join him and walked toward a nearby Government Office. All the thousand students were wearing the white coat holding differently sized banners shouting different slogans against reservation. Anil couldnt hear what the students were shouting because all the students were saying something different. He hesitantly walked with Nikhil and Gaurav.
Gaurav was taking the lead and held Nikhil and Anil by his arms and strode confidently in the front line of the group. After an hour, they all reached to the Government office. Students didnt hesitate when they saw a couple of large police vans parked outside the Government Office. Cops, wearing shields on their face holding long thick bamboos stick, stood in a line, ready for any command.
Anil wondered why the students are not stopping; the cops are standing in front to defend. Nikhil said, Gaurav, I think we walked enough. We should stop here. Gaurav aggressively replied, To hell with these coward cops, they cant do anything to us.
Just a few yards off the Government offices, the cops began to walk toward the students. Students still continued walking, shouting and yelling, waving their banners violently. Anil was beginning to feel the tension, but Gaurav held his arms tightly. Students were nearing and cops were hitting the ground with their long sticks and swinging in the air.
Just a few feet away, cops suddenly strode toward them raising their bamboo sticks and started pushing the students back. A tall, dark and hefty cop gave a violent push to Anil and Gaurav. Nikhil snapped, Run Anil, run.
Gaurav pushed one of the cops, and within seconds three other cops surrounded him. Anil saw Nikhil running away, and then saw Gaurav surrounded by cops and was about to get a horrible beating. In all the chaos, Anil pushed one of the cops and held Gauravs hand and tried to get out of the circle of cops.
As he was about to succeed getting out of the chakraviyu, a cop running toward him from the side, swung his long thick bamboo stick right on his cheek bone and he fell flat on the ground bleeding. He wasnt unconscious. Gaurav managed to get away with his break neck running speed.
The sound of the chaos was deafening. Students who ran away were still shouting with their slogans. Anil was bleeding profusely from the eyebrows and gradually looked up. He saw the students scattered all over the place, and cops were circling few students, beating them with their sticks one by one. He got a shiver down to his spine hearing the loud flat sound of the sticks hitting the bodies of the students.
As he looked up, another cop came by and swung his stick right on his calves, he screamed. He tried to get up but another cop came and held him by his hair and gave a hard blow with his elbow on his lower back. He fell down again in immense pain.
He began to feel dizzy and tried again to get up. He looked at one cop staring at him angrily, came running toward him and kicked him right on his face. This time, he passed out. He was not moving. His eyes were shut and he couldnt hear any noise.
A cop held his jeans from the bottom and dragged him to the police van and dumped his unconscious body into the van with other badly injured students.

Same issues as above..Either there should be a reference on this site or on PG that the authoe for both pieces is one and the same..

Present India: May 20, 2006

Regards
Tanveer