My loooooong debrief - how I got 740 in GMAT

I found OG maths pretty easy but the questions that came in my actual GMAT were pretty difficult than that were present in the book.

rather i think ,those question can be divided into 2 categories,some are easy as you said but some are time consuming and cannot be solved with out using tricks.
so may be saying,all math question of OG are very simple may be misguiding for the other people who are taking it as a reference.

Great score buddy! :clap: Congratulations!
Thanks for the debrief... it's quite helpful!

Had a question for ya... Which source do you think is the best for preparing well in Probability and Statistics for the GMAT?

All the best with the application process. :thumbsup:

rather i think ,those question can be divided into 2 categories,some are easy as you said but some are time consuming and cannot be solved with out using tricks.
so may be saying,all math question of OG are very simple may be misguiding for the other people who are taking it as a reference.

Thanks for pointing out. Made the correction! But I do feel that Kaplan is a much better resource to practice QA than OG.

Congratulations Dude. :clap:
Kudos to you for a very good score.
All the best for the applications.

Great score buddy! :clap: Congratulations!
Thanks for the debrief... it's quite helpful!

Had a question for ya... Which source do you think is the best for preparing well in Probability and Statistics for the GMAT?

All the best with the application process. :thumbsup:

No answer for that one buddy, I don't really recall one particular book good for probability. I studied from all the books mentioned in my earlier post. I also googled to understand about statistics...also my roommate had a book on probability by schaums series...I just flipped the theory part of it. I guess the way to improve on probability, p n c, statistics is to practice as many questions as you can!

I have a ques: my scores in quant are ranging from 42-44. i find a bit difficult to cross this line. i have done OG12 twice and also OG10 and OG11.
can you ple suggest how to improve?
my test is after 3 weeks.

thanks.
neha

FORGOT
Congrats Dream On !!! That is indeed a Very Good Score ! Way to Go Man !!

Neha get to Kaplan 800 and see how do you fare there . Also OG is just not problem its very important that you get to the options where you find the answers very close and find out why is that option used and is it that you are in hurry where you are actually loosing out ,

Thanks Padfoot. :)
will definitely do so.

padfoot Says
Neha get to Kaplan 800 and see how do you fare there . Also OG is just not problem its very important that you get to the options where you find the answers very close and find out why is that option used and is it that you are in hurry where you are actually loosing out ,

hi this santhosh frm bng. doin my third year engg!
can u tell me how to manage my enng studies n the
cat prep so that i would get a seat in a top B-school
n wat books to opt for................... reply!!!!!!!!!!!!8:|

hi this santhosh frm bng. doin my third year engg!
can u tell me how to manage my enng studies n the
cat prep so that i would get a seat in a top B-school
n wat books to opt for................... reply!!!!!!!!!!!!8:|

Good Question But a wrong place to ask for...
PAL this is for GMAT realted queries and not for CAT......

Any way to answer your question... Believe me in during college days you have more time to study for CAT than after u start working...
Study reguarly for 2 hrs a day , join a coaching centre and regular mock tests should do the trick.

All the best Dude

Rgds
Hari

It is Kaplan 800.
if you want a soft copy, Pm me your email id. will send you.

Hi dream on,congrats for the score.As you said the actual GMAT will have difficult questions in Quant,and i read about padfoot recommending kaplan to someone.I dont know whether its kaplan 2009 or kaplan 800 or kaplan workbook.
What do you recommend ?
Thanks a lot

Neha.. Could you please send me the soft copy of Kaplan 800? BTW I have just started my prep for GMAT.
I would PM you my ID.

TIA..

Hey Dream On ....Congrats!!!!Amazing score , wishing you all the best for ur "DREAMS" ahead.

For me I m planning to give GMAT this year probably in June or July, have not really started the preparation in full force . Trying to browse through the posts s well as different sources of information to get to know as much as possible.

I will be touching the QA and Verbal concepts after around 5 years now. What books or topics would you sugeest that I go through to get my basics right . Thanks in advance for the help.

Best of Luck once againg for the admissions 😃

Hey Dream On ....Congrats!!!!Amazing score , wishing you all the best for ur "DREAMS" ahead.

For me I m planning to give GMAT this year probably in June or July, have not really started the preparation in full force . Trying to browse through the posts s well as different sources of information to get to know as much as possible.

I will be touching the QA and Verbal concepts after around 5 years now. What books or topics would you sugeest that I go through to get my basics right . Thanks in advance for the help.

Best of Luck once againg for the admissions :)

hi abhygarg.

first of all give a full length test from GMAT prep which can be downloaded from www.mba.com after registering.
Find your weak portions it can be numbers, p&c;, probability,etc and then pick up any CAT material(TIME,CL,IMS,etc). do those topics in which u feel uneasy.

In case of verbal the only book for concepts which is to be recommended is wren and martin. go through it atleast once and the practice questions as many as you can. The OG has an excellent content for verbal which u can touch and probably do after doing W&M.;

Practice full length as many as you can and PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE LOW SCORE after doing a study of a week or two.
hi abhygarg.

first of all give a full length test from GMAT prep which can be downloaded from www.mba.com after registering.
Find your weak portions it can be numbers, p&c;, probability,etc and then pick up any CAT material(TIME,CL,IMS,etc). do those topics in which u feel uneasy.

In case of verbal the only book for concepts which is to be recommended is wren and martin. go through it atleast once and the practice questions as many as you can. The OG has an excellent content for verbal which u can touch and probably do after doing W&M.;

Practice full length as many as you can and PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE LOW SCORE after doing a study of a week or two.

Hi Dream On ,

Thanks a ton. , your advice will be of great help i am sure. I have got the Kaplan Premier edition. Do you advice that I complete this and start with the other books or do some topics from kaplan other from princeton or something of that sort. Is is possible to give me your contact details so that I can talk to you ( if u r fine). My mail is [email protected]

Please let me know. Thanks a Ton once again

abhy

@neha.visionary

plz mail me kaplan 800

thanx

After my CAT debacle .., I am concentrating on GMAT now.

i need little suggestion since i m very new to the GMAT format n the prep required.

I saw few books related to GMAT at crossword..Princeton review,Kaplan2010,
OG (of course!) and Manhattan (with a lot of subtopics,priced at Rs.1500).

Now, my query is whether i should start with princeton first to make myself familiar with the GMAT format or OG..

How is kaplan 2010 different from kaplan 800.

And, how good is Manhattan??

i will really appreciate ur advice..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Neha,
I have sent you my email id by PM. I will appreciate it if you can send me the soft copy for kaplan 800. Thanks
Aditya