MY IRMA Interview

Junta, I had my IRMA i/v on 18th feb 2004 at 1:30 PM. The panel had 3 profs… they started with asking abt my stay in IRMA campus…we were provided an overnight acc…how waz the campus and what did u do after reaching IRMA…

Junta,

I had my IRMA i/v on 18th feb 2004 at 1:30 PM.

The panel had 3 profs.......

they started with asking abt my stay in IRMA campus.....we were provided an overnight acc....how waz the campus and what did u do after reaching IRMA....that sort..

then they asked me on the essay I wrote in the BIO Data form...

I wrote abt a the Marketing Consultancy form I am going to start that will help Rural Cos to do their business in a better way.....the i/v suddenly became a GD with all the theree profs arguing with me about the success of such a firm....

sudeenly one of the profs asked me what wud be my first step to develop rural ppl....if I were the PM of India....

I said....I am going to focus on Primary education....

then they argued saying that the rural ppl need food to eat more than education...

it went on for a while and ...

another prof asked me ....why am I interested in IRMA ....it might not be possible for IRMA to get me a better placement with a salary higer than what I am earning, now ( I have 30 months of work ex in CAT application form)....

this entire discc went on for 25-30 min...

that is it....

I think I was able to convince the profs....but....

I after the I/V i decided that it is not the place for me.....my principles and their ideals differ....

neway...

letz wait and c....

PS: this inst is the best one in the country for ppl interested in Rural Development and have a heart for it....

The IRMA intvs have been chill for just bout everyone this time around....i spoke to a large section of people the 2 days that i was there and the panel(s) werent givin anyone a tough time....now questions on acads!!! Not many!

Now, one thing people who maybe apping next year need to be clear bout is that IRMA doesnt want people who want to do rural mktg so that they may go to FMCGs/MNCs! The idea is that this insti was created with a purpose...a purpose to serve the rural folk...they dont depend on any industry/ ministry for grants...they are self sufficient so they CAN and DO dictate their terms.....the only MNC allowed for campus placements is ITC (this year on) and the avg salary is 15-20 grands a month (cos thats bout all NGOs will pay u).

Coming to my intv,......started off with my background, went on to "describe urself" and then revolved around my workex. towards the end, the second panelist quizzed me on my hobbies and then the only tough part of the intv....a psychologist....

Q1 How do u define committment to a goal?
Q2 How do u define flexibility?
Q3 How would u combine these?

I had a field time handling the questions...the panel makes u feel real comfy so chill on that.....they want people with some rural orientation....something most of us there werent!!!! But that didnt stop us from talkin bout ITC, TCS and HLL!!! ;-)

Just be truthful....if u can convince them that ur goals are the same but paths different, there is no reason why u wont make it...... 😁

btw...go there...its and experience.....good bunch of guys whom u get to know well in a short span...

besties to all who are scheduled.

Zeus

thanx a lot guyz 😁 ...ur posts :thumbsup: definitely eases pressure on my mind regarding the PI at IRMA......hope oder also come out soon wid their experience....

😁 The day passed away cool.it was great experience to be at irma the campus really great no academics but a basic question how are yu going to help the rural sector.sab fek rahe the.the person know you very much when yu speak to him about your rural commitment.met many pg guys out there.hey remember 19 feb 4:30.vajpayee ji ka feel good factor was working here also everybody was coming out so happy so let's keep fingers crossed but one thing is sure the insiue is not for the person who want to go in corporate world but yes tumko social satisfaction se pate bharna padega. So all the best share your irma's great campus experiences here we all are going to enjoy.
😛

hi guys.

my interview was on 20 feb.

panel of 3 ppl.

i/v was totally cool.

since i wrote that i am from punjab and would like to go back to punjab after irma so as to solve the problems that trouble my state like...., they asked me everything abt punjab like green revolution and bhakra dam and irrigation.

asked me if i had any land and if doing agriculture over there.

also one person asked me if i didnt get into irma this time then what.

the lady asked me about my extra curricular.
i had written about nss and blood donation.
also about athletics and she took it into sunita rani drug case and asked me how an athlete feels. just to check my mind.

thats all.

after interview went to amul dairy, sk cinema watched rudraksh, next day went to iim ahmedabad. akshardham.

and now dont plan to go to irma .its not my cup of tea.

iift i/v on 9 march.

amitoj

dear irmaites,

thanx 4 sharing thy exp....nj

went thru...my interview....and gd

nothing to worry abt that bcos they just grill you on why do you want to join irma.......

gd topics are like shud there b reservatin on basis of financially poor studs
and group task to rank evils of indian society individually and then in a group...

interviews are cordial they just ask why irma in one way or other and mind you they will repeat atleast 3 times....just give some charity and high funda....

i am definately thru but i wont join for sure

and take my opinion if you are looking for some great full of life place....you are terrribly wrong...ANAND itself dies out at 7 pm..and irma say at 8...there is no eneergy we generally look at an mba college...may b some of you like an ashram to study.....with sprawling lawns and serene cold campus

in the presentation they will talk and make you sick.....and if you ask placement they will give wary..............ideas..... actually they have nothing to sayyy....

i met the guys there they are just talking about charity and self satisfaction when you ask the salary they wud say thats not the only thing they are lookig for satisfaction....

any ways lowest is 1.20 pa CTC avg is 2.30 pa CTC and highest was 6.40 CTC
but only two of them managed but ythey later opted for a salary of 7,000
bucks per months....sucksss working for an ngo....

it s definately not my cup of tea or MILK as you may say.....
they say they dont participate in the cultural activities like other institutes
bcoz......they dont have time for that....

if you plan to invest atleast 3.5 lacs in a study prog...u honestly expect returns,and quality...what you will get a VERY WELL BUILT CAMPUS SOME GOOD OLD PROFESSORS BUT NO LIFE forget iti had a terrible exp and feeling thugged of atleast 1500 hundred bucks...travel expenses
atleast i dont want an mba degree i cant be proud of and what can not give me a decent salary of 25000 rupees

and they say that they are giving society BARE FOOT MANAGERS.....THEY WILL TAKE YOUR SLIPERS TOOO......

any way thats my personal oipinion on the basis of my exop in the interview my interaction with the 3-4 teachers and atleast 12- 15 students there..and ofcourse my interview mates

perceptions may differ................check on your own....

ONE TNING TO ADD THERE ARE 450-500 CANDIDATES APPEARING FROM 9 TO 19 FEB AS PER THERE RESPECTIVE RANKS AND THEY SELECT AROUND 80-120 CANDIDATES...FINAL CALLS ON 31ST MARCH.....AND YOU M,AY READ SUNEETHA EXPERIENCE SHE HAS GIVEN A DETAILED AND ACCURATE DESCRIPTION ..........SHE IS SATISFIED .....I M SORRY I M NOT.... :

The fees for IRMA is Rs 105000 for two years all inclusive which is not too much.I would say that if one doesn't get admission anywhere else and desperately wants to do a MBA join IRMA.you will get a OK job.The gd/pi is designed to test your compatability with the institute's aims.Have one solid reason for joining irma and try to incorporate it in your other answers.For example my friend was asked about his hobbies and he said driving(cars.He is a F1 freak.).The panelist asked how will he drive on the rough and often non-existent village roads?Will he give up his hobbies and intrests?

666evil Says
The fees for IRMA is Rs 105000 for two years all inclusive which is not too much.I would say that if one doesn't get admission anywhere else and desperately wants to do a MBA join IRMA.you will get a OK job.The gd/pi is designed to test your compatability with the institute's aims.Have one solid reason for joining irma and try to incorporate it in your other answers.For example my friend was asked about his hobbies and he said driving(cars.He is a F1 freak.).The panelist asked how will he drive on the rough and often non-existent village roads?Will he give up his hobbies and intrests?

Hey dude, the fees of irma is 1.05 lakh only for one year, the whole fees comes out to be around 2.2 lakh+cost of the computer(0.25 lakh) if you don't have .check in the irma website
hey poeple,

i really do wanna get into irma....but i think i wont make it....looking at all these posts i feel was i the only one subjected to a stress interview? well, it was not so much of a stress interview but lookin at u people one thinks it was....

well....they asked me all kinds of questions....expect a general question about the sector ur working in or the sector uve studied.....for eg. i am a food processing techie so i was asked "What is the most promising product in the sector at the moment?"

well..anyways best of luck guys jiska bhi baki ho interview wo...

avi