My gmat- 730(Q 48 V 42)

Hey all P-folks. Been waiting for this moment… 730(Q 48 V 42) is what i got. also, the generator on which the tests were running in my centre conked off midway through the verbal section…and we resumed after 25 mins… phew!..

Hey all P-folks.

Been waiting for this moment...

730(Q 48 V 42) is what i got.

also, the generator on which the tests were running in my centre conked off midway through the verbal section..and we resumed after 25 mins...

phew!

Here 's what i have studied and found effective:

OG11,12
Kaplan
OG quant review
Manhattan SC
Kaplan tests from the CD(560,620,580,600)
GMATprep tests(660,740,710,700)

However a lot of questions were repeated in both kaplan n gmatprep tests..

I found the gmatpreptest to be close to the actual test experience..however,difficulty level in the actual test was much higher..well...it better be if one is aiming above 700s...
I recommend a healthy dose of kaplan and OG and ofcourse the manhattan SC for great insights into the world of SC.

Thanks to all those who cared to answer to my queries...pyschodementia is one name that comes to mind.

For all those yet to take GMAT, be positive and go for it.

take care ,
Priti

congrats Priti for such brilliant score...

could you please let us know for how long you prepared for GMAT. Also what other books you referred apart from the one's you have mentioned.

RDX

Congrats buddy, Whats your profile?
How was your AWA?

cheers !
:thumbsup:

Hey all P-folks.

Been waiting for this moment...

730(Q 48 V 42) is what i got.

also, the generator on which the tests were running in my centre conked off midway through the verbal section..and we resumed after 25 mins...

phew!

Here 's what i have studied and found effective:

OG11,12
Kaplan
OG quant review
Manhattan SC
Kaplan tests from the CD(560,620,580,600)
GMATprep tests(660,740,710,700)

However a lot of questions were repeated in both kaplan n gmatprep tests..

I found the gmatpreptest to be close to the actual test experience..however,difficulty level in the actual test was much higher..well...it better be if one is aiming above 700s...
I recommend a healthy dose of kaplan and OG and ofcourse the manhattan SC for great insights into the world of SC.

Thanks to all those who cared to answer to my queries...pyschodementia is one name that comes to mind.

For all those yet to take GMAT, be positive and go for it.

take care ,
Priti

@pritraj - tell us something about the level of PS/DS you got. Approx how many of them do you think were of 'very high' difficulty level. I mean level above the OG12.

hi,

first of all CONGRATULATIONS for a very good score... 😃 am sure u must be satisfied...

a quick question to you, did the questions in GMATPrep had repeated qs from OG?

when did u take the GMATPrep tests? Before solving OG or after? I heard from an experienced guy that GMATPrep will have qs repeated from OG.

I planned to take the tests in the end, not now. so in case qs are repeated, then i will better take 1 now... so needed suggestion on this?

thanks
sid

Hi Guys!,
Took GMAT yesterday and scored 700 (Q 45 V 41). I also have a total work experience of 13 years and am working as a principal consultant with one of the leading Technology consulting firm. I am planning to apply for one year full time at a few Institutions (INSEAD/Kellog/IIMA). I also have a good acad. How do you recon my chances? Let me know your honest opinion.

Hi Guys!,
Took GMAT yesterday and scored 700 (Q 45 V 41). I also have a total work experience of 13 years and am working as a principal consultant with one of the leading Technology consulting firm. I am planning to apply for one year full time at a few Institutions (INSEAD/Kellog/IIMA). I also have a good acad. How do you recon my chances? Let me know your honest opinion.

You have all the chances in the world...to make it to a good school...
I'm also from consulting background..(5+ yrs exp. only..)

I would propose to try for the LSB and Oxford also
congrats Priti for such brilliant score...

could you please let us know for how long you prepared for GMAT. Also what other books you referred apart from the one's you have mentioned.

RDX

Hi RDX......It was about 2.5 months of prep...and these were the books i referred to.

Hope this helps.
Congrats buddy, Whats your profile?
How was your AWA?

cheers !
:thumbsup:

Thanks. I have 7 yrs of IT experience. Have a bachelors in electronics and communication engg.

I got 5.5 on AWA.

Regards
Priti
prya.k Says
@pritraj - tell us something about the level of PS/DS you got. Approx how many of them do you think were of 'very high' difficulty level. I mean level above the OG12.

HI...i found about 85% of PS/DS that i encountered above the OG12 level.
But definitely below the Kaplan level.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Priti
hi,

first of all CONGRATULATIONS for a very good score... 😃 am sure u must be satisfied...

a quick question to you, did the questions in GMATPrep had repeated qs from OG?

when did u take the GMATPrep tests? Before solving OG or after? I heard from an experienced guy that GMATPrep will have qs repeated from OG.

I planned to take the tests in the end, not now. so in case qs are repeated, then i will better take 1 now... so needed suggestion on this?

thanks
sid

Thanks a lot! Yes i have no complaints so far:)

Yes Gmat prep has *some* repeated questions from OG..So i suggest keep some time gap betwn OG and the gmatpreptests...

but despite the overlap..its important that u take up atleast 4/5 gmatprep tests for actual gmat experience...

also u ll find overlap when u do the kaplan tests as well...its alrite...

these r a must do.

I took up the gmatprep tests time to time..to check where i stand..

Took 2 tests right in the beginning stage of my preparation and then remaining in the end....after I had been through OG11 and OG12.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Priti