My experience of internship at Timesjobs

I am a student of PGPBM and my area of specialization is HR. I have had the pleasure of doing my interns with one of the India’s leading brand in recruitment, TimesJobs . It was a couple of month’s journey that helped me to take my first step into…

I am a student of PGPBM and my area of specialization is HR. I have had the pleasure of doing my interns with one of the India's leading brand in recruitment, TimesJobs . It was a couple of month's journey that helped me to take my first step into the world of corporate.

April 7, 2012 --- my first day in office. As soon as I entered, the HR arrived and she explained the code of conduct (office timings, dress code, etc) and directed us to our departments. Work started from Day 1. My project guide explained at length what the aesthetics of this brand were all about. It was a brand with database of 7.5 million of active job seekers.

The training began with an entire week of calling prospective candidates. I had to face several difficulties in the process. Somebody used to respond – sometime one in twenty, sometime one in a hundred. No wonder that used to make me depressed, embarrassed and frustrated. But I soon started learning the best way to overcome the situation and learned the techniques to deal with different sets of customers. Apart from this, as a part of my job responsibility, I needed to approach those candidates who had already applied at Time's portal for specific job. This helped me enhance my analytical and interpersonal skill. I too had learned to communicate well. Communication (such as through e-mail) forms the backbone of every business operation. A person needs to pay attention to how you address individuals in your e-mails keeping in mind the level you operate at. The art of writing e-mails includes being businesslike in your communication while not being disrespectful.

My project guide was very supportive and encouraging. She too was open to ideas from juniors. For the very first time, I sensed of being responsible and accountable towards a particular task. I received much appreciation from my project guide but the fruit of the hard work lies not only in the appreciation but also in those I learned during these two months.

I would like to thank TimesJobs for providing this wonderful opportunity at the prior of my journey to the corporate world.