My Experience CAT 2013

#First_Day #First_Show #First_Seat #First_Attempt 16th October 2013 It was a beautiful sunny day , in fact, an amazing day as I could remember, my test center was IES college Bhopal, and my mind was numb at the beginning, so I packed th…

#First_Day #First_Show #First_Seat #First_Attempt

16th October 2013

It was a beautiful sunny day , in fact, an amazing day as I could remember, my test center was IES college Bhopal, and my mind was numb at the beginning, so I packed the bag and put 7 things inside it:
1. The "Water Bottle"
2. Pen
3. Pencil
4. Eraser

5. Sharpener

6. Admit Card

7. U-ID Original

(Later I realized that 1-5 are useless!!!)

As it was an auspicious occasion of Eid, I was speculating a less turn out and hence less nervousness.

"Let's go", to my mind, I said, so boarded an SR-4 from the hotel to "New Market" and then an Auto_R to the college, I was lucky, I got 2 men who were travelling from Indore to fix a "fountain" at IES college Bhopal. It was half an hour journey, and I was pondering if doing an MBA is anyway good for me. !! My mind was witnessing a Swirling Chaos !

!

Life & confusions !! Any ways, then to my mind was occurring various thoughts like, "This time I have not prepared at all, so may be by beginners luck, I'll get a 99 percentile" , honestly those kinds of messages I was receiving from my cerebrum !! But my heart was pumping normal.

Okay, lets stop the stories and suspense, I reached the college around 1:00 PM, and not to my surprise, it was deserted !

I was the first CAT aspirant at that center !! So I waited.

At 1:45, a man from inside came and checked our ID's and took us inside the pro-metric center. I didn't even knew what it meant. They again checked our ID's, and told us to wait inside the waiting room.(That was a class room !!)

There were 11 of us including a girl, who looked experienced and confident. :P

At 2:00 pm, a guy came in and instructed us to deposit everything we had, including the "water bottle", pencil, pen ..anything you ask, apart from the Admit Card and ID Proof !! I was the first to leave the waiting room ,with token #1, reached the test center, where they took my fingerprints and clicked my photo, and allotted me the first PC, in their college LAB !!okay I'm tired of writing so let us come to the point, what was asked. ?

Test started at 3:15
PMQA/DI
1. Geometry around 4 questions
2. There was a simple question on PnC.
3. Question on Heights and Distance, fairly simple.
4. A question on Mixtures blew my head,I wasted 5 minutes on it and still got nothing.
5. There were questions in Algebra, Quadratic Equations, on finding the possible number of solutions, and mind boggling problems in Arithmetic.
6. One DI question was to find the Profit to Sales Ration ! After struggling with this section I could attempt a mere 17 questions. :'(

Verbal /RC/LA
LA was time consuming !! Full length typical CAT type !! But worth attempting !! RC's were very length
y ..a lot of them were confusing. . !! I attempted around 23 questions in this section !! And I think it is not enough, so I've decided to give a shot next year too. !! Hope that info is useful for the aspirants who have exam in the next month !! Critics appreciated !
-- Post Edited
manwithshoes €‹

जाय