My dilemma - MBA or MS ? - with a twist in the story !

Hi, I know this discussion may have been at it’s peak in this forum ever since it was started, but here I go again with the same question. It’s not like i have not read the other forums before starting this thread. It’s just that all of them…

Hi,

I know this discussion may have been at it's peak in this forum ever since it was started, but here I go again with the same question. It's not like i have not read the other forums before starting this thread. It's just that all of them seems to have the same conclusive answer - " find your interest".

So here's my story -
I graduated as B.Tech (C.S) in 2006, with not so good marks ( 65% in UPTU ). At that point in time I was not even sure whether I would get a good job or not and I was way low on my confidence. But my luck struck and I got placed in campus recruitment in HCL ( infrastructure services). When I joined HCL I thought I would get to be an engineer, but fate turned its sails and I got in to the process consulting team (which is no way near to a technical profile). This job, as it seems, is a very coveted job in the industry but somehow I don't like it. Today it has been 3 years since I have been doing this job but I could not find a reason why I should not change it.
I have always felt I can do something bigger than this. I love maths and I dont mind preparing for MS or CAT. Infact I love it. But now my dilemma is, what should I prepare for ?

1- MS ? ? - Is it worth going back to a technical profile after 3 years ? What are the chances of me getting a good college and thereafter a good job ? ( which obviously means a high package )

2- MBA ?? Personally, I have no insight into what MBA is? So far doing an MBA kind of job hasn't fascinated me. I would not mind going to IIM ( not as if I already have the call in my hand 😁) but I don't want to regret for the rest of my life doing a job which I do not like.

So let me summarize it--- I am not sure where my interest lie... Can anyone please help me figure out which course/ job is better for me? I have never been part of a technical project so that's a grey area as well. Please at least help me take the first step.. to find where my interest is!!!
It's been 3 years and my head is going to explode 😠😠