My CAT 2023 prep Journey till now

Ah… and here I am . My first post is venting about my feelings about CAT prep. Let me give you some background first. I have been working in a tech company for 1 year now. Even though I am grateful for the job, I dont like the mundane hours of sitting and staring at a computer for 6 hours a day. Dont get me wrong, software engineering can be rewarding but I dont feel like it is a fit for me.
Ok so back to the prep - I gave CAT last year with not so good preparation and scored 92.5 percentile. I have been preparing for the exam from June this year . I was working hard and felt my prep was going well. And here comes the mock season with the reality check. Last few weeks have been hard - the three percentiles that I got were - 79, 87, 79 . This was a serious gut punch . Will I be able to get the 99 percentile that I so desperately want ? Was all the prep that I did was in waste ? Is CAT even worth it ?
As I write this post I realize many of you will have the same questions.
“We suffer more in imagination than in reality” . I remind myself of this daily . I only control the efforts not the results. Remind why you want to give CAT . My aim - to get out of this mediocrity that I have accepted throughout this life for me. Often in my life I have quit things in middle, not put 100 percent effort into things. Well not this time. I need to be proud of myself that I gave it all this time. I want to stop feeling guilty for half assing things all the time. I dont know about the results but the effort will be of 100 percentile.
So why I am writing this post ? The reason is selfish - to remind myself why I am doing what I am doing . But its not all about me, its for you too - Remember in any difficult obstacle you face, why you have embarked on this journey . Keep going and put the efforts in. Improve on the mistakes and your weaknesses from your mocks . After all, that is all we can do. Focus on what you control and that eliminates a lot of your problems.
The only way is through.

3 Likes