MTV presents Age of Sinnocence!!

As a cult brand that has been walking, wining, dining and sleeping with 20 somethings for decades now; MTV is studying the changing definitions of vices amongst college-going age group. It is the age of sinnocence, where easy money has become a wa…

As a cult brand that has been walking, wining, dining and sleeping with 20 somethings for decades now; MTV is studying the changing definitions of vices amongst college-going age group. It is the age of sinnocence, where easy money has become a way of good life for young people today. Our movies and TV shows are reflective of this.., And MTV feels that PaGaLGuY is the right place to understand Greed!

Why?

MBA is possibly the most popular course these days surely because of those alluring pay packages. Isnt the easy money and fat pay packets the driving force behind choosing the MBA course? How many of you took the ticket into a b-school over a passion like say photography or writing? Or you think passion and MBA could easily co-exist? We say this because we see a 19 year old intern at MTV talking of ROI from an MBA. Money is the priority no. 1. We are confused!

Please share your 100 word opinion in here the topic being:

Money seems to be the goal these days. Easy money has become a way of life for young people today. Is this a good thing? Or is it creating an age of materialistic, promiscuous teenagers.

Ah, what will you get in return? Greedy, eh?

For starters, we are planning to pick 3 of the best posts in here and reward you guys with Rs 5000/- each.

MTV will choose select participants from PaGaLGuY for the youth panel at MTV- Age of Sinnocence on 23rd April in Mumbai and Youth Marketing Forum to be held in Mumbai on 29th.

You will be interacting and rubbing shoulders with the brand bosses from Google, Harley, Coffee Day, Bollywood Biggies and brand managers/marketers from across the industry.

...more details to follow .. Start posting..!!

MTVIndia would provide support from MTV's side on this thread.

All the PaGaLGuY posting rules and guidelines apply to this thread. No slang, spam, rude posts please.

Cheers,
Shashank

"Money seems to be the goal these days. Easy money has become a way of life for young people today. Is this a good thing? Or is it creating an age of materialistic, promiscuous teenagers."

Too much of anything is bad they say,and so it is with money as well. Multiple generations in India have seen nothing but poverty after independence. It is only now in the last two decades after the economic reforms, that the country's youth are living the life which the developed nations have been living for many decades. Raising our standards of living is our right. Money may be the root of all evil, but if Indian teenagers are conditioned by our traditional values like austerity and restraint, they will definitely pave the way for a more prosperous nation.

Word count = 99

MONEY TALKS. The more you value money the more money will value you. This is the mantra of global financial scenario. From enjoying a tasty food to living in a well furnished house needs wallet full rather I'd say a hefty bank balance. ROTI, KAPDA, aur MAKAAN were and are the necessities of one's life. And with this world turning materialistic with liquidity of money, it takes lot out of one's pocket to fulfill these demands. Right from one's child education to his/her marriage parent need money. And one cant pluck our the INR from a money plant. The planning has to be done before-hand. So the goal is money these days.
If one is earning a handsome salary the necessities keeps adding to the list. A matured individual would know that the his future lies in it. There are no pension schemes and after retirement pay-check that will arrive. What he earns today is going to shape up his tomorrow.

P.S Just over 100 words !

How much money would I need to live in the US without having to work for the rest of my life? Such are the responses that you get when you search for the word money in Google. We all know the importance of money and the power it brings with itself. Even the founder of Secondlife.com whose main intention was to provide a world where people can live the way they want without giving a thought to the never ending rat race, couldnt do without a market place and of course money. It is not greed, it is The Need.

All i can say is MONEY MONEY MONEY!

"Money seems to be the goal these days. Easy money has become a way of life for young people today. Is this a good thing? Or is it creating an age of materialistic, promiscuous teenagers."
easy or hard , money earned in any way is respected.Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
teenagers have grown up and will continue to grow into mature,responsible adults managing their own finances.today's billionaires were yesterday's materialistic,promiscuous teenagers.money though not everything is still important for a meaningful existence.only time will tell what the future holds for us,but having some extra money will do no harm,will it? Money can't buy love, but it certainly improves your bargaining position.
so right now money is the most important parameter of success

Hi guys,

Delayed entry we know.
Thanks PG for initiating the thread.

A big Hi to all of you.
We have had few (3 to be exact :-|) posts so far and guess we'll need to make this a proper conversation and hopefully a fun one ..

As B schoolers and aspiring B Schoolers, where does money fit in your priority list? It seems to be the goal no.. But hey doesnt it mean you'll have to put more efforts too..

At B schools you guys slog late nights/weekends to finish your ppts. then the trend carries on when you become mgmt trainees/analysts in those fancy MNCs. Late Night + Weekend = 100 hours a week is a norm... thanks to the pressure one batch puts on the following one.. the long hours get only longer!

Crazy! Isn't this aim to make more money like there is no tomorrow eating into good old 'balanced' life which included personal, social and an inner life too 😃 :cheers: tell us what you think!

Hi guys,

Delayed entry we know.
Thanks PG for initiating the thread.

A big Hi to all of you.
We have had few (3 to be exact :-|) posts so far and guess we'll need to make this a proper conversation and hopefully a fun one ..

As B schoolers and aspiring B Schoolers, where does money fit in your priority list? It seems to be the goal no.. But hey doesnt it mean you'll have to put more efforts too..

At B schools you guys slog late nights/weekends to finish your ppts. then the trend carries on when you become mgmt trainees/analysts in those fancy MNCs. Late Night + Weekend = 100 hours a week is a norm... thanks to the pressure one batch puts on the following one.. the long hours get only longer!

Crazy! Isn't this aim to make more money like there is no tomorrow eating into good old 'balanced' life which included personal, social and an inner life too 😃 :cheers: tell us what you think!

Money is important for subsistence not important rather its a pre requisite .
If one aspires to make money and more money by putting in more effort , its nt fair to call such a person greedy .
Theres always a trade off like in fields of life between money and effort and its entirely a persons choice .

the second trade off that exists i sbetween what a person might want to do and what rewards that earns
i love spending 14 hours of a day on my bed watching movies and stuff .
If only i wa sa film critic and for ppl like clint eastwood sent me their personalized copies to watch to give them gud reviews i would never get up and go to my job (which i m nt quite in love with ,like more then 80% of first job timers )
will it be fair to say that i m greedy ....
no
photography , writing all great interests but is a country which until some years ago couldnt feed a sizeable chunk o fits population willing to pay a high premium for artistic pursuits like these ...no
so i ll trade off ...m i greedy .....no

However it is imp to realise how much exactly one is going to trade off ...
to qoute from dead poets society
'engineering , law , business , medicine all noble pursuits necessary to sustain ilfe , but what do we live for - love , beauty , hate , passion '
i guess what u meant was how much can we compromise on the latter part

having siad that i personally believe money has little influence on a persons quality of life
simplicity in living and basic goodness can provide for a high quality life .
but then again evn though i m simple and really gud that diesnt stop[ me fo working 100 hours a week

PS - oops i didnt read abt the competition thing, but i wont like to edit this post
Mods can i post another one in tune with the competitions requirement of 100 words from a MBA perspective ?>???

There are people out there who join MBA because they want to do what they like to do. Why would an engineer leave his/her job and get into management ? Because he wants to get into a field which fascinates him/her the most. And it is not "Easy money" in post-MBA jobs. It is "Hard money" which one is able to get after those two rigorous two years in MBA college and after working hard in his/her company for say 10-12 hours. These Post-MBA alleged "Promiscuous teenagers" transform into "Demographic Dividend" for INDIA and lead the nation.

Regards,
Omiey. . . .

money,finance,economics,profit, bottomlines all these terms have acquired a meaning in life not only for business honchos but also for the generation next- the "youth" of today. And i see no harm in this. An affluent middle class upbringing, a burning desire to fulfill ones' goal, it all makes us realise that money is afterall the "it" thing in todays world.
For the question of being materialistic...look around, the world today and for ages has been materialistic.....the crux of the matter is, is the youth of today is morally bankrupt? do they know that there is no such thing as "easy money"? My answer to this is is a big emphatic NO........The generation of today knows the worth of money well, its just they have more avenues to spend the money and they dont hold back.... after all, its all about "staying raw"....isn't it???