MSU Broad Fall 2011

H Puys, Anyone out there who applied/ applying for MSU Broad Fall 2011. I applied in the first round and just got an interview call. I would like to get some info on the interview questions and what they expect. My Profile : GMAT : …

H Puys,

Anyone out there who applied/ applying for MSU Broad Fall 2011. I applied in the first round and just got an interview call. I would like to get some info on the interview questions and what they expect.

My Profile :

GMAT : 710 Q:50, V: 36

Toefl : 112

3 years till now in an MNC (will be 4 by the time I join)
Software Engineer - Networking Products

Good acads
91.5-10th
95.4-12th
8.7/10 - B.E - Electronics

decent EC - junior NCC, NSS, Solo Piano Certification - Initial Grade, some community service activities in the corporate

Hi, I have an interview at Michigan broad, a telephonic one after 2 days. My profile- GMAT 770/5.5, GPA 3.4, WE 40 months. Applied in R1.

Impressive GMAT score....and glad to have u onboard, how did ur interview go?

saralp Says
Impressive GMAT score....and glad to have u onboard, how did ur interview go?

Hi saralp,
Thanks, the interview went fine- the usual questions- lasted for 25 minutes.

HI all,

This is Murali Krishna from Bangalore. I too have applied for Broad 2011. Registered the skype IV for Dec 2nd.

My Profile:

GMAT: 680 (31 V, 50 Quant)
Experience : 3 years 4 months till now with Manhattan Associates.

Please share your interview experiences.

hi Mariner,

Can you please share the iv questions with us...

Thanks
Murali

Hi guys,

I also have an interview scheduled for tomorrow(skype, Nov 19) for MSU Broad..
My profile
GMAT 740(q50, V41), GPA 7.84/10 WE 30 months(as of now)
My experience is in Product Development of Medical Devices. Interested in SCM..
Ppl who are already done with the int, pl give some pointers on the questions asked in the interview...

Hi guys,

I also have an interview scheduled for tomorrow(skype, Nov 19) for MSU Broad..
My profile
GMAT 740(q50, V41), GPA 7.84/10 WE 30 months(as of now)
My experience is in Product Development of Medical Devices. Interested in SCM..
Ppl who are already done with the int, pl give some pointers on the questions asked in the interview...

hi adjay

welcome to the forum... following the last year's broad forum, i fell that the forum was quite active with many applicants. But this year i see only 4 applicants following the forum till now.. Are the applicants applying for broad have decreased this year or pagalguy has lost its identity 😃 .. I am also interested in SCM .....all the best for your IV tomorrow. Please share your experinces in the forum

Hi all applied to Broad in R1, interview completed on 11th Nov. Interview was just about resume. I will 4 years of work ex in operations of a manufacturing unit by aug 2011. 2 years in strategic sourcing.. interested in supply chain.

hi adjay

welcome to the forum... following the last year's broad forum, i fell that the forum was quite active with many applicants. But this year i see only 4 applicants following the forum till now.. Are the applicants applying for broad have decreased this year or pagalguy has lost its identity 😃 .. I am also interested in SCM .....all the best for your IV tomorrow. Please share your experinces in the forum

Got done with my interview yesterday...interviewer was Paul North...the interview went pretty smoothly..questions were asked related to work and the resume as it was all that the interviewer has access to.will know on by december 15 whether i m in or not...

Count me in puys!!

GMAT: 700 (Q - 47, V - 40)
TOEFL : 116
WE : 4 years in Indian Auto Giant (Operations)

I have got a Skype Interview on 2nd Dec.

Wish me luck people!

I had my interview yesterday with Jeff McNish. He asked about 7-8 questions, mostly familiar ones such as: why mba, why school,biggest accomplishment, non professional accomplishment, teamwork, international experiences.
Everything went pretty well untill he asked if my goal is to work in supply chain management, perhaps because my CV is strong in SC. (he does not have any docs about me, except the CV) When I said long term goal is consulting, short term is consulting with mkt concentration, he said Broad can not help with that short term, and advise me to change the concentration to SC with elective in MKT. Perhaps I made a mistake with my goal, which is unfit the school strength. 😞

I don't feel happy with my performance in "goal" part of the interview, and worry it may affect critically my chance to get admission. What a pity, I do really like this school's culture and environment after visiting its campus last May. Anyway, finger-crossed !

Best of luck to all of us! 😃

I had my interview yesterday with Jeff McNish. He asked about 7-8 questions, mostly familiar ones such as: why mba, why school,biggest accomplishment, non professional accomplishment, teamwork, international experiences.
Everything went pretty well untill he asked if my goal is to work in supply chain management, perhaps because my CV is strong in SC. (he does not have any docs about me, except the CV) When I said long term goal is consulting, short term is consulting with mkt concentration, he said Broad can not help with that short term, and advise me to change the concentration to SC with elective in MKT. Perhaps I made a mistake with my goal, which is unfit the school strength. 😞

I don't feel happy with my performance in "goal" part of the interview, and worry it may affect critically my chance to get admission. What a pity, I do really like this school's culture and environment after visiting its campus last May. Anyway, finger-crossed !

Best of luck to all of us! :-)

Hi solemio,

Thanks for sharing your IV experiences in the form. An advise from an interviewer is always a nice thing to accomplish. It means that he is interested to make u a part of the class and suggested you to shape your goals .. Keep up your hopes. Can you please share your profile in the form.
Count me in puys!!

GMAT: 700 (Q - 47, V - 40)
TOEFL : 116
WE : 4 years in Indian Auto Giant (Operations)

I have got a Skype Interview on 2nd Dec.

Wish me luck people!

Hi aditya,

I too have a skype interview on 2nd dec. Shall we have a mock interview. I have also opted for SCM(almost all the applicants in the form are interested in SCM 😃 )

Thanks
Murali

Best of luck to all of us! :-)

Best of luck man!! Did you have a skype interview or did you have it over the phone?
Hi aditya,

I too have a skype interview on 2nd dec. Shall we have a mock interview. I have also opted for SCM(almost all the applicants in the form are interested in SCM 😃 )

Thanks
Murali

Hi Murali!!

I have friend over there in Broad, he told me that the interviewer seeks extreme transparency in a candidate. Especially about his goals, the short term as well as the long term.

The interview questions are more or less traditional. You must have focus on - Why an MBA? Why now? Achievements, failures, strengths, weaknesses, professional relationships......these will be completing a more or less 45 min. interview.

I have my TAMU interview on 3rd and I will start preparing for the I/Vs from tomorrow.....

Cheers..
Hi Murali!!

I have friend over there in Broad, he told me that the interviewer seeks extreme transparency in a candidate. Especially about his goals, the short term as well as the long term.

The interview questions are more or less traditional. You must have focus on - Why an MBA? Why now? Achievements, failures, strengths, weaknesses, professional relationships......these will be completing a more or less 45 min. interview.

I have my TAMU interview on 3rd and I will start preparing for the I/Vs from tomorrow.....

Cheers..

Thanks aditya for providing me additional information on the interview. All the best for your TAMU and MSU interviews.

Thanks
Murali

Hi guys,

I had a phone iv, however, suppose that a Skype one with webcam can be better, as you can guess how the interviewer feel about your answers. Phone interview will be ok if the other person willing to talk a lot or make a lot of reactions to your answers, otherwise, it will be more like a presentation.

my profile is: Gmat 670 (50/31/4.5),IELTS: 7.5, WE: 7 years, 3 in SCM, 4 in trade, EC: ok, international exposure: good, GPA: a bit low.

Hi guys,

I had a phone iv, however, suppose that a Skype one with webcam can be better, as you can guess how the interviewer feel about your answers. Phone interview will be ok if the other person willing to talk a lot or make a lot of reaction to your answers, otherwise, it will be more like a presentation.

my profile is: Gmat 670 (50/31/4.5),IELTS: 7.5, WE: 7 years, 3 in SCM, 4 in trade, EC: ok, international exposure: good, GPA: a bit low.

You are right, thats why I opted for a Skype interview. I will say you have good mix of attributes......keep your hopes alive. Where else have you applied?