Moore 2009 Aspirants

Hello ppl, I couldn;t find a thread for Moore 2009 aspirants so here goes. My profile: GMAT: 700 WE: 2+ yrs as of now Acads: Strong EC: Quite Strong I have submitted my application for the November 15th deadline. Just got a mai…

Hello ppl,
I couldn;t find a thread for Moore 2009 aspirants so here goes.

My profile:
GMAT: 700
WE: 2+ yrs as of now
Acads: Strong
EC: Quite Strong

I have submitted my application for the November 15th deadline. Just got a mail from the Admissions Office stating that my application was complete and I have scheduled an interview for Monday 8.30PM IST, thats tonight. Will post how it went off tonight. Before that, I'd be happy to see some replies and lots of activity in this thread.

Rohit

PS: Moderator, if there is already a thread for Moore 2009, please let us know.

No one whose applied or applying to Moore this year? Cmon guys..

Can you share ur interview experience?

I had my interview on Nov 24th. It went off very well. My interviewer was Reena and we had a healthy conversation. It lasted for about 25-25 minutes. Here are some of the quesitons I was asked:

Tell me about yourself, what you have been doing, and why and how you decided on an MBA at Moore (basically a lot of questions put together)

Considering the current economic crisis around the world, what do you think is in stock for the world, and what does the world need today?

Two strenghts you have.

One weakness you have.

Understanding you might be applying for an MBA elsewhere too, if you get an admit at Moore and elsewhere, what would be your deciding factor(s)?

That's about as much as I can remember. Got a mail from them on Nov 26th morning. I got an admit letter:) Now I just have to wait for financial aid notification which is due in a couple of weeks.

So whose else is applying or has applied? Post your updates plz.

Rohit.

Hi Rohit,
I am a 2009 Moore MBA aspirant, share a similar profile as yours and am desperately seeking guidance from someone who has made it. I have some very basic queries and some very silly doubts as well. I tried to PM you, but got the message that you cannot receive PMs due to some reason. Can you please tell me if this is indeed the case? And if it is, can you please provide me an alternate contact address, for I'd like to PM you my queries since most of these are personal and not generic.

Thanks,
Shoebite

Hi Rohit,
I am a 2009 Moore MBA aspirant, share a similar profile as yours and am desperately seeking guidance from someone who has made it. I have some very basic queries and some very silly doubts as well. I tried to PM you, but got the message that you cannot receive PMs due to some reason. Can you please tell me if this is indeed the case? And if it is, can you please provide me an alternate contact address, for I'd like to PM you my queries since most of these are personal and not generic.

Thanks,
Shoebite

Hi,
You can PM me now.

Rohit.

You should be able to PM me now. Try it out.

Rohit.

Hi,
You can mail me on I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Rohit.

Rohit Bhai,

Well u r not suppose to publicly post personal details like mobile no and email id's. This is one of PG's forum rules.

try using PM for that purpose if u want someone to know ur emial id/phone no.

Regards,
Pavan
Rohit Bhai,

Well u r not suppose to publicly post personal details like mobile no and email id's. This is one of PG's forum rules.

try using PM for that purpose if u want someone to know ur emial id/phone no.

Regards,
Pavan

Opps sorry i didnt no that. I have activated my PM option now. How do i delete that post?

Rohit.
Opps sorry i didnt no that. I have activated my PM option now. How do i delete that post?

Rohit.

Well as far as i know, only Mods can delete the post.

You can edit the post dude. Remove the email id, and put the reasons for edit as email id mistakenly posted, editing it.
That should do the job.

Regards,
Pavan

Hi,

I have interview on 9th dec.
Can someone share the exp?
Rohit Thanks for postin info.
My profile : 670 GMAT
Exp: 2 years in Accenture
Acads: Good
Extra C: Good

Can someone shade some light on difficulty level of questns?
Do they ask detailed questn from ur field like say form IT do they ask abt CMMI, straegic IT etc etc....

I didn't think the Moore interview was that rigorous or strenous. A simple 20-25 minute interview with about 6-7 questions. Should be fine. Be a little prepared based on the kinda questions i was asked. Otheriwse, i think you should walk thru man. All the best.:):)

Rohit..

Hi Rohit,did u get scholarship notification?Which specilization you hav mentioned in aplication..are u a language tracker or a global tracker..?i fgt to congratulate you...

anandisonline Says
Hi Rohit,did u get scholarship notification?Which specilization you hav mentioned in aplication..are u a language tracker or a global tracker..?i fgt to congratulate you...

Hi,
Renna told me that the scholarship notification would take a couple of weeks, so I'm guessing it should come out sometime around Dec 15th. I have chosen the global track.

Rohit.

Hi Guys,
I spoke with Reena a couple of days ago. She told me that Scholarship notification would be out by the end of next week. So just waiting for that. C'mon guys, how come no one else posting?

Rohit.

Hi Rohit,

I will be applying for the Feb 15th Deadline. I have given my GMAT and scored a 560 but retaking the exam by end of this month.
I hope to score well and apply with a strong score. I too am amazed to find very few students applying to Moore. I have looked up various posts and websites and I must say that the IMBA program is very strong in this college. Are you applying for finance or marketing as I could not find any options in the MBA program. I had 2 questions to ask you
1. Where are the essay topis? I can't find them anywhere. Also I have started out the online application an compared to other university application websites, Moore appln process is not really user friendly

2. The Fee that I saw was 52K $ per year for internation students. Is this correct, If yes..wow !! thats a lot. How are you planning on paying the money?

Hi Rohit,

I will be applying for the Feb 15th Deadline. I have given my GMAT and scored a 560 but retaking the exam by end of this month.
I hope to score well and apply with a strong score. I too am amazed to find very few students applying to Moore. I have looked up various posts and websites and I must say that the IMBA program is very strong in this college. Are you applying for finance or marketing as I could not find any options in the MBA program. I had 2 questions to ask you
1. Where are the essay topis? I can't find them anywhere. Also I have started out the online application an compared to other university application websites, Moore appln process is not really user friendly

2. The Fee that I saw was 52K $ per year for internation students. Is this correct, If yes..wow !! thats a lot. How are you planning on paying the money?

Hi there,
Yeah the IMBA program is quite famous, ranked No.2 for IB by USNews. I don't think you have to mention any specialization in IMBA, its just an International MBA program. What electives you choose might ultimately decide what kinda MBA degree your gonna hold. Anyway, ATB on retaking the GMAT. I'm sure you'll do better before you apply.

As for the online application, yeah i agree with you. The application isn't very user friendly. If i remember right, there are no navigation buttons, so you have to go page by page, can't skip to a particular page directly. And for Moore, there are no essays as such like other univs, you have to write a Statement of Career Objecives (more like an SOP), and then some short essay questions, which are a part of the application. It is a little different from the other applications i must say.

As far as the fee is concerned, I think you are mistaken. From what i remember seeing last, it is around $26375 for tuition fees and another $10700 for living expenses, totaling to $37075 in expenses per year. The site has been down the last couple of days. When its up and running again, we can check it up and confirm.

Rohit.

Hey Guys!! I just got a convert from waitlist to an admit to moore IMBA for summer of 2009.
:)

640/2.5 years/112
BE
Entreprenurial Background with IT work-ex

Hey Guys!! I just got a convert from waitlist to an admit to moore IMBA for summer of 2009.
:)

640/2.5 years/112
BE
Entreprenurial Background with IT work-ex

Hey sourabh,
Good to see another admit in Moore. So have you got scholarship? And when is your last date for confirmation of admit? And whats your status ith other applicatios?

Rohit.