MIT Sloan Interviews and Beyond 2023

To make sure: 1. I am not the only one waiting. 2. I am not that lucky to be alone in the waiting queue :smiley:

To make sure:

1. I am not the only one waiting.
2. I am not that lucky to be alone in the waiting queue 😃

I am waiting for Sloan interview call too.

Hey Maniranjan:
Did you get a "Your application is complete and forwarded to AdComm" email? I got one around 14th of this month..

I hope to listen from the adComm sometime this week (or early next week).
Anyways, ATB for all those waiting..

My profile:
30 yrs
BS (India) + MS (US)
GMAT:720
WEx: 5
SocWork/ExC: OK

Bumping this thread. Anyone with an R1 interview invite?

~May apply R2

Still waiting...

~May apply R2

~May apply R2

If any school that one would prolly have the least chance in R2. It is MIT. They have only 2 rounds. They highly encourage R1 for internationals. Unless you have an exceptional profile ( a profile that can get you an interview from HBS or Stanford in R2) , you have the bleakest chance. I am telling this neither to discourage you nor to say that your profile does not deserve a chance. I am just sharing from whatever I have researched.
kgkid Says
If any school that one would prolly have the least chance in R2. It is MIT. They have only 2 rounds. They highly encourage R1 for internationals. Unless you have an exceptional profile ( a profile that can get you an interview from HBS or Stanford in R2) , you have the bleakest chance. I am telling this neither to discourage you nor to say that your profile does not deserve a chance. I am just sharing from whatever I have researched.

Why, thank you! But my research tells me that MIT is one of the few schools where R1 and R2, no significant difference 😃 Ask Sandy.

Anyway, I will apply here only based on some other results. So yes, just wanted to see the R1 trend.

hi guys,

i am also planning to apply to sloan in R-2

My profile :

GMAT : 740
Work Exp: 6 (IT )
Graduation : Engineering,
Good Academics, Good extra currics, Good Community work

thanks
hellojp

I'm also desperately waiting for MIT call...I think it's the best college in the world for a person like me who wants to continue in Comp Industry

Hey R1 applicants, if recommendations are also done online, is there anything which we need to send in hard copy to sloan???? Or online application is self sufficient???

U don't have to send anything to university till the time you get an interview call

Hi Folks did anybody in india here from the sloan folks on interviews for round-1

I am presently in US, but waiting despo'ly to hear from Sloan.

According to admissions411.com - Business school admission stats, waitlist, and MBA application info (411), 25 people got interview calls.

Have to wait till Jan 29, I guess.

Hi all

I am applying to MIT n the second round. Had a query regarding the slection of Interview location while filling up the online form. The list doesnt contain any Indian city, and the closest city is SIngapore or Bangkok.

R1 applicants from india, what did u all fill in the form??

Also any invites as of yet? I guess MIT is very selective in calling for interviews. But still tying my luck in R2.

cheers

ricky

Hi all

I am applying to MIT n the second round. Had a query regarding the slection of Interview location while filling up the online form. The list doesnt contain any Indian city, and the closest city is SIngapore or Bangkok.

R1 applicants from india, what did u all fill in the form??

Also any invites as of yet? I guess MIT is very selective in calling for interviews. But still tying my luck in teh R round.

cheers

ricky

I filled in Singapore, Bangok, and London in respective order. Still waiting for an interview invite though :)

Deba
I filled in Singapore, Bangok, and London in respective order. Still waiting for an interview invite though :)

Deba

hmm...nway i wont mind going to first two places in case of an invite...but dont u think london would be too far....its difficult to beleive that a school like MIT doestn schedule interviews in India, considering the no of applicants from India.

nway the interview seems to be a long way ahead...... still sruggling with the mammoth essays...these gusy r asking just too much...specially the " thought, felt, said and did" parts....

cheers

ricky

R1 guys an dprospective R2 applicants...i need one clarification in supplemental essay no 4, which says:

"Special circumstances related to your academic program which you would like to mention"

Do we need to answer this question only if there is some shortcoming in ur UG score or we also need to explain the program in detail??

cheers

ricky

R1 guys an dprospective R2 applicants...i need one clarification in supplemental essay no 4, which says:

"Special circumstances related to your academic program which you would like to mention"
Do we need to answer this question only if there is some shortcoming in ur UG score or we also need to explain the program in detail??
cheers
ricky

I think this question is same as that asked by any other school--to give some explanation about any shortcomings/eye-catching inconsistencies etc. I do not think we need to explain our UG program in detail.

In my application, I did not answer this question.

Deba

cheers
ricky

Looking at it from a positive standpoint, you can give details about any special achievments during your academic program, research publications, technical presentations and so on. I am an young applicant and i utilized this section to state the importance of managing my extra-curriculars while maintaining top position in acads.

cheers
sid

Hello everyone,

In the online application, under "Downloadable Forms" section there is a form "MIT Sloan Professional Standards", however I can't find any place to upload this form.

Q : Do we need to submit this now, at the time of application submission ? If Yes then how to add this form?

Thanks