MIT-Sloan 2009 Applic

Hi All, I did not come across a Sloan 2009 discussion. I am R1 applicant. GMAT - 760/5.5, Workex - 4 yrs (2 as Manager), Acads - Bio Major, Decent GPA (top 5 colleges), Ok extra curriculars. Anyone else on-board?? Regards,

Hi All,

I did not come across a Sloan 2009 discussion.

I am R1 applicant. GMAT - 760/5.5, Workex - 4 yrs (2 as Manager), Acads - Bio Major, Decent GPA (top 5 colleges), Ok extra curriculars.

Anyone else on-board??

Regards,

I applied to R1 too, GMAT 730/4.0; Workex - 3 yrs (2 yrs international); very good acads; below ok extracurricular; been out of work since nov 06 i think this is a big disadvantage, but gave Sloan a chance nonetheless.

The last week of waiting i guess!

Did anyone hear from Sloan yet? I'm tired of waiting :sad:

Seems like the US Applicants at MIT have started getting invites. Keeping the fingers crossed!!

Any R2 Applicant????
Also it would be good to know if any of the R1 applicants got invite???

I'm an R2 applicant. Just finished my application process on the 13th of Jan.
GMAT 680/ 2.5 yrs work ex as a Software Engg/ Excellent extra-currics/ average acads..
You guys think I have any chances?
Also, has anyone applied for any scholarship already? MIT offers scholarship thru Legatum, but I'm wondering if I need to put in all that extra effort now itself (requires essays, 2 recos, etc), that too when my admission itself is not yet decided.
Do let me know about my chances of getting a call and about scholarships.

Cheers!

Any R2 applicant heard anything?

Hi,

i am a R2 applicant too - haven't heard anything from them yet. The last email communication said they would send out invitations for interviews by the beginning of march..

Common mailbox, give me something :-)
Cheers

Hi,

I'm an R2 applicant. From what I know, MIT releases interviews as per interview location. People who opted for West Coast locations in the US and in Lat America have started getting their invites. Yet to hear news on invites for any of the Asian locations.

Just out of curiosity, what have you guys put down as choice of interview location. I've put down mine as
1) Bangkok
2) Singapore

Hey azmodeuus,

thanks for the advise! Did you check another forum or blog for that information? I am located in Munich, so I chose Munich and Frankfurt :-)

Best luck with your application!

Hi,

I got this info from the BW Forums. Hope it helps.

Best of luck.

Hey azmodeuus,

thanks for the advise! Did you check another forum or blog for that information? I am located in Munich, so I chose Munich and Frankfurt :-)

Best luck with your application!
Hi,

From what I know, MIT releases interviews as per interview location.

Somewhere on there website--I cannot remember where--they explicitly state that the order of interview invitation has no bearing.

For those close to interviewing...check out this from MIT Sloan:

mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/MITSloan_interview_guide.pdf

Got Dinged :(

got the decision on 7th! All the best to you guys!

got waitlisted, so I guess there is little hope :-(

Best of luck to everyone else..

Any updates on admissions ? This thread seems to have been dead...