MIT SLoan 2008 Interview and acceptances

Did anyone get any response from MIT adcom , i submitted my application on Nov 1 before R1 deadline and recieved mail from MIT about my application being complete but i have not recieved any communication from them since , no dings nor acceptance …

Did anyone get any response from MIT adcom , i submitted my application on Nov 1 before R1 deadline and recieved mail from MIT about my application being complete but i have not recieved any communication from them since , no dings nor acceptance for interview . Has anyone here recieved anything from MIT ????

What the outcome of your application?

Any R2 applicants for Sloan?

What the outcome of your application?

Any R2 applicants for Sloan?

No response yet from MIT . I think as per BW forums they have sent out interview calls to only people near the boston region yet , they have yet to call people outside that region.

When are they closing the R1 process? Any idea of the "kind" of people that have been accepted at Sloan?

thestoryteller Says
When are they closing the R1 process? Any idea of the "kind" of people that have been accepted at Sloan?

As far as i know , only people near boston /NY area have been selected for interview , but then my knowledge is only from other forums . Also you can see some of the stats of MIt from admissions 411 website , they keep a spreadsheet which keeps track of college apps.

Oh well... okay. As of now, I need to close the applications... they seem to be a never ending process! 😞

Looks like the interview invites have started flowing out for toher places as well... not one for me 😞 looks like a ding

Crap... any last minute tips for the application form? I'll be working on the final edits for my essays this week.

And wish you luck... you never know, you just might make it. But then its Sloan, so thre's always the ding likelihood.

Please evaluate my profile for MIT sloan MBA fall 2009

My profile:

Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from NSIT, Delhi University (Top 10 engineering institutes of India, highly competitive to get into) secured 78.3%. Top 10 students of the department. Institute Merit Scholarship holder. Lot of research work done in college (shown leadership skills as a leader of project teams)

CFA Level 2 Candidate as part of the CFA program

Work Exp: will have 3 years in 2009 (when the program starts). Most people say that this is on the lower side. But this is high quality work ex.

1.5 years in Intellectual Property in a Research Firm - Lot of leadership positions in the company, was promoted within 15 months of joining. started managing people, clients and projects very early. Team work was essential aspect of my work.

1.5 years in Equity Research covering US Health Insurance sector - Financial Modelling, Valuation of companies, writing company/industry reports, etc.

I dont have a GMAT, i have a GRE 800Q (94%ile), 650 (93%ile), 4 AWA. Since, MIT accepts GRE, this is the only B-School i will be applying this year.

Since, i will be positioning myself as good in quant and as a potential financial analyst, i am planning to take the GRE maths subject test.

Hobbies: Reading books, newspapers, economics and business journals, writing blogs, investing in stock markets.

Extra Currics: Head of Discipline committee of college SAE chapter Used to take part in Sports in college, won gold medal in arm wrestling Helped in organizing college tech/cultural festivals.

Need your comments on my chances in MIT.