Misdemeanor mba --- PLEASE HELP!!!

when i was 19 years old, i had a minor consumption and resisting arrest (because we ran from the cops) misdemeanors in the same night. i pleaded guilty, did my community service, and paid my fines. the case was closed 5 months after that, however …

when i was 19 years old, i had a minor consumption and resisting arrest (because we ran from the cops) misdemeanors in the same night. i pleaded guilty, did my community service, and paid my fines. the case was closed 5 months after that, however it is still in my record. i have lost an internship position at ML during my last semester in college because of this record.

i will start my mba (in the US) at a top b-school soon, and i will be 26 years old by the time i graduate.

my question is that if recruiters will reject me based ONLY on this misdemeanor record?

any input will be greatly appreciated.
thanks everyone!

when i was 19 years old, i had a minor consumption and resisting arrest (because we ran from the cops) misdemeanors in the same night. i pleaded guilty, did my community service, and paid my fines. the case was closed 5 months after that, however it is still in my record. i have lost an internship position at ML during my last semester in college because of this record.

i will start my mba (in the US) at a top b-school soon, and i will be 26 years old by the time i graduate.

my question is that if recruiters will reject me based ONLY on this misdemeanor record?

thanks everyone!

I think records are there for detering people from repeating an offense. It is not for spoiling their whole career. If a company/ school deny you a job then you can probably sue them.

On a different note, why dont you ask your school career services? ??:

Not that I am speaking from any position of authority or knowledge here, but in my opinion, if you just come clear with whatever the misdemeanor was, and show them you've grown beyond all that, and basically show that you're a lot more responsible now, I don't think that anyone will hold it against you. I would just make sure to not act defensive about it any way at all. It happened, and you're sorry it did, and you will damn well make sure it will never happen again. Lotsa luck.

thanks everyone!

Itz really hard to convince the people after we made such mistakes.However if you learn from your mistake and show them what you are now compared to time when V made such mistakes.How you learn from it and also you said that you lost you internship position because of this record right. Then use it as a stepping stone for your improvement.Tell them how it act as turning point in your life(if and only if it acted like that). each coin has two faces, itz upto you how u see it.

thanks everyone!

Well Its difficult for us to really judge what they will hold against you.. If they allow you for an interview it means they are willing to hear you out..and so ur record will not be prejudiced against you..
if they wont then it can mean anything.. May be they didnot like your record, may be they didnot like your profile.. How will you ever be sure..????