MIS-like programs in UK / 1-yr MIS in US

Hi all, A blend of Management and IT is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for. But I have a time constraint. Due to some personal reasons, I am looking to go for a one-year program. I had tough luck finding a 1-year MS-MIS program in the…

Hi all,

A blend of Management and IT is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for. But I have a time constraint. Due to some personal reasons, I am looking to go for a one-year program. I had tough luck finding a 1-year MS-MIS program in the US.

Qn 1) Does anyone know any university in the US that offers a 1-year MIS program. (And preferably has Spring intake)

Also, since all the PG programs in UK are 1-year, I was looking at UK as well. I liked only 4 universities till now (purely based on course content)

1) London School of Economics - Masters in ADMIS
2) Warwick Business School - Masters in ISM
3) University of Lancaster - Masters in ITMOC.
4) University of Manchester also has a similar program - but it dint get me as excited as the other three.

Qn 2) Does anyone know any other good universities in UK for this program?

Qn 3) Any other info you think would be relevant/useful to me.

10th CBSE - 92%
12th CBSE - 93.6%
I am a 2008 passout from NIT Surathkal(ECE). My college grades are rather modest: 6.8/10

I have above average extracurriculars.
I am planning to give TOEFL in 2-3 weeks.
After that I am planning to give GMAT. (Not mandatory for UK, but would help overshadow my college grades.)

I have have just above 1-year of work -ex (as on today) in IT field. It is a stable, above-avg paying job. So unless the program/uni is really worth it, I dont wanna mess with what I already have, what with the job scene abroad n all!!

Please share your thoughts.

Lancaster ITMOC is very popular and competative program (As there are only 40 seats).There is one more MSc (IT consulting ) by Kent university.

Have you applied to any of the programmes you mentioned ?