MIS in US

Hi, ANyone having idea abt MIS in US?? Me having 2 yrs exp with TCS… wud like to apply for MIS for next year… I guess MIS is better than MS after having 2-3 years of exp in IT industry. Please drop in ur suggestions on it!!

Hi,
ANyone having idea abt MIS in US?? Me having 2 yrs exp with TCS.. wud like to apply for MIS for next year... I guess MIS is better than MS after having 2-3 years of exp in IT industry. Please drop in ur suggestions on it!!

hey i did a lil research regarding MIS in US......IMHO going for MIS in US is a dicey decision unless u opt for univ that is in the top 20 in US for MIS.Anything lower than that isnt advisable.U need to check out the details of the courses offered by the univ in the program.Prefer course where they more business oriented rather than IT oriented.

Hi All

I am a Software Eng in an MNC for 2 yrs workin in Java. I did my BE in CSE. I have excellent acads (91+ in UG, 96 in Xii and 94 in X). I am thinking of pursuing an MS in a relevant field where my work-ex counts. Are there any forums in the net for MS discussions (like PG for MBA). Or can u give me some threads here....I did search and couldn;t find much. Thanx in advance

Hi All

I am a Software Eng in an MNC for 2 yrs workin in Java. I did my BE in CSE. I have excellent acads (91+ in UG, 96 in Xii and 94 in X). I am thinking of pursuing an MS in a relevant field where my work-ex counts. Are there any forums in the net for MS discussions (like PG for MBA). Or can u give me some threads here....I did search and couldn;t find much. Thanx in advance

I donot know about any forums for MS. But u can def start a new thread in this section & discuss ur plans. 😃 Am sure there are loads of people interested!!

Cheers!

Hi,

I am aworking professional in an MNC with 1.7 years of exp. I am going for MIS this year.
I have applied to Texas A&M;(Mays Busienss School) for the course.
Its a good course having a blend of technical and managerial exposure.

Hi arpitrai8,
Could you please enlighten us with the prospects of MIS after finishing the coursework.

Thanks.

Reviving this old thread...
Puys (giving GRE GMAT) , Please share your thoughts...

hi,
I have 3 years of exp in IT fields with good acads. I got 1300 in GRE. Just like to know if I stand a good chance while applying in some good US univ.
Can anyone suggest univ where I can apply for MS in MIS

Thanks

I guess you can also try out Carnegie Mellon University. It also has a MIS program. I did a little research but found the Tepper MBA more suitable for me. As per my RnD, MIS has loads of engineers (mostly fresh graduates) and some subjects that I covered already in my B.Tech. The class profile is similar to the profile in management schools in India (IIMs,etc)

Diversity in the classrooms, superior global networking, management education and getting experience in US/developed market are the main reasons I am ditching MBA programs here in India and opting for US. Therefore MIS wasn't the best option for me. I did consider it along with MBA + MS in computer science as alternatives to the hardcore MBA program.

Hi,

Can you please share which all universities you are applying for.
I have 3.5 years of exp and planning for fall 2012.Can any1 suggest me some good universities.
Also do I need to give GRE or GMAT ?

i wanted to know about msis in USA......do they accept 3 years bachelors....???