Military experience - diversified enough?

HI all, I am 35, I have 15 yrs experience in the israeli airforce as a pilot, with management and command experience aswell. I am curently a lawyer in a big israeli law firm. 690 GMAT, 85% LLB+BA, graduated 2nd in flight academy with hono…

HI all,

I am 35, I have 15 yrs experience in the israeli airforce as a pilot, with management and command experience aswell.
I am curently a lawyer in a big israeli law firm.
690 GMAT, 85% LLB+BA, graduated 2nd in flight academy with honors, 1st in OTU and in flight instructors course.
I am planning to apply for a UK FT MBA (Oxford, Cambridge or LBS).

As the pagalguy MBA forum has been recommended as a place to find expert advice, I would like to ask:
(a) chances of admission? (please note my age)
(b) chances of recruitment post graduation in UK/US.

many many thanks

Ramel

as far as ur experience is concerned it is diiversified enough.there are lot of indian MBA schools who have ex-armymen as students.
given the list of schools that u have given my suggestion would be
- go through the profile of existing students
- write to the admission committee of each of this schools. they can give u better direction. also they can guide to a alumni if any, who has a similar profile as urs

HI all,

I am 35, I have 15 yrs experience in the israeli airforce as a pilot, with management and command experience aswell.
690 GMAT, 85% LLB+BA, graduated 2nd in flight academy with honors, 1st in OTU and in flight instructors course.

As the pagalguy MBA forum has been recommended as a place to find expert advice, I would like to ask:

many many thanks

Ramel

Hello Ramel ..

i see ur an israeli from ur profile ( israeli air force+israeli law firm 😃 ).. Nice to see you in PG .

firstly u have a different profile ... lawyer .. Pilot .. Interesting stuff. u will be bringing lot of stuff to discussions. so ppl will be interested but the question you will need convince them why r u planning MBA at this juncture? What after lawyer? What are your plans after MBA .. that will be key pointer in ur admission stories... so convey the clarity of your goals to keep interested. So answer to your diversity is yes , you do add a diversity to the group ..

UK Mba : You do have great list with great score . The only hinge point is convincing people abt why mba now ? if you do that . you are competitive for admission .

chance of recruitment post MBA : well thats one question no one can answer . we dont know whats the situation in coming years . Just hope its good

Good Luck with apps..

Cheers
silentcacophony

HI all,

many many thanks

Ramel

hi

thanks a lot for the replies and the insight

cheers