Michigan State University - Current Broad Student taking queries

Hello All, I am sure this application season would be going pretty exciting for all of you. I am a current MBA student at Eli Broad School, Michigan State University. If anyone has any queries or advice, you can contact me. Thanks…

Hello All,

I am sure this application season would be going pretty exciting for all of you. I am a current MBA student at Eli Broad School, Michigan State University.

If anyone has any queries or advice, you can contact me.

Thanks.

Jeet

@ujschopra

Hi Upenderjit,

I've received an admit for Fall 2013 intake.
Can you discuss about the location of the college in East Lansing, how it feels to stay there and what are the opportunities?
Does the current state of the Michigan economy is hampering the recruitment anyway this year?
What is the current employment status of the Class of 2013 Indian students?

Thanks and regards,

Subhayu
Hi Subhayu
Congrats on getting an admit from MSU.
To start with, well, its a nice college town atmosphere here at MSU with most of the amenities of big cities available. If you like staying away from the big cities crowd and still enjoy most of the good things of a big city, East Lansing is a good place to be.
I cant comment much on the state of Michigan economy but as for employment, currently more than half the number of Indian students have already been placed. Its still a full semester to go, so I do expect better placement results.
It would be better if you can share your profile and concentration you are planning on to discuss more about employment prospects.
Thanks
Jeet
@ujschopra
Hi Upenderjit,
I'm interested in SCM. I've a 3 year experience as Mechanical Engineer in a Petrochemicals plant. Done my B.Tech from NIT- Durgapur, 3.4 GPA, 740 GMAT.
I'm interested in working for consulting companies or industrial goods companies like Cummins. Which consultancy companies come to recruit internationals in Broad?
We are Academic Advisors to U.S. and International students seeking University admissions and career advice. We link students with accomplished professionals who have advanced or terminal degrees, and years of industry experience, who can advise students on University choices based on their career ambitions, the application and admissions process, and provide a holistic approach to advising students on their future academic career

www.gradtree.com

Moreover also look and join at the discussion forum here http://www.gradtree.com/forum/register.php
@subhayu2005 said:
@ujschopraHi Upenderjit,I'm interested in SCM. I've a 3 year experience as Mechanical Engineer in a Petrochemicals plant. Done my B.Tech from NIT- Durgapur, 3.4 GPA, 740 GMAT.I'm interested in working for consulting companies or industrial goods companies like Cummins. Which consultancy companies come to recruit internationals in Broad?
Your profile is very good and given your mech engineering background, SCM concentration would open up lots of job prospects at MSU. Infact, you should not be looking beyond this college.
As for consulting companies that come on campus, MSU invites Deloitte, E&Y; and couple others too but Deloitte and E&Y; are the ones that hire internationals. Also, Cummins also comes on campus to hire SCM students and your background should be just fine for that. Last year students also got internship at BP. So, in short MSU will be a great school for you to join given your career aspirations.