Michigan State Univ - BROAD interviews and admission-2009

Hi Puys, I have applied to Broad for the 2nd round and waiting for the interview call. Anyone else with me on the same ship?? Please reply with your profiles too puys…

Hi Puys,

I have applied to Broad for the 2nd round and waiting for the interview call.

Anyone else with me on the same ship??

Please reply with your profiles too puys..

Count me in!!

Hi ,

I have also aplied to the Broad MBA, 2nd round. ( submitted with 2 hrs left for the deadline!!)

My Profile:

GMAT - 680/5
TOEFL - 116
Wrk Ex - 2yrs by Jul 09
Acads - Average
Extra Currics - Good

Anymore ppl joing us??? ( Hope there arent many!!)

Hi Puys,
I am also thinking of applying in broad...am I late now or is it ok...
GMAT 690/4.5,still to give toefl...exp-8 years..

Hey!!! Is there another active thread on MSU applications or do we have ppl sliently following the thread or is it jus tht there arent many applicants!!

@ Umesh -- Well, it is usually said that scholarship opportunities reduce by the 3rd round. So if you are ok with tht u can perhaps go ahead with the application!

Hi Mind Reader,
I am in the same boat. I have applied for round 2. No reply yet.
My Profile: GMAT 670 3rd attempt, TOEFL 98 Work Exp. 4.5 Years, Currently Not Working

Hello everybody,

I also applied in R2 and awaiting interview call.

GMAT 660
Work exp: 7 Yrs (Shipping)
Decent acads and EC

Hey!!! Is there another active thread on MSU applications or do we have ppl sliently following the thread or is it jus tht there arent many applicants!!

@ Umesh -- Well, it is usually said that scholarship opportunities reduce by the 3rd round. So if you are ok with tht u can perhaps go ahead with the application!

Hi skay_mba.. i didnt find any threads and its really surprising that we have so less applicants this time..

Well still no response from the college.. and its becoming more and more bothering..

All those ppl ineterested in broad...I got to know that there are two problems with the Michigan.. .First its pretty cold and the other is that it is the hub of automakers...and they are the worst affected by this recession, due to this state's economy is in poor shape...ppl are finding it difficult to get job and internship...becuase networking is very imp to get these two...I mean Michigan state is bit risky to go....any other ppl have any opinion abt it...
Umesh

All those ppl ineterested in broad...I got to know that there are two problems with the Michigan.. .First its pretty cold and the other is that it is the hub of automakers...and they are the worst affected by this recession, due to this state's economy is in poor shape...ppl are finding it difficult to get job and internship...becuase networking is very imp to get these two...I mean Michigan state is bit risky to go....any other ppl have any opinion abt it...
Umesh

Accepted.... but going by that Applying for an MBA in the US itself is a BIG risk now isnt it?? As for the cold weather...... I really wouldnt mind...
Anyway, All the best to all the applicants. :cheerio:
Hi skay_mba.. i didnt find any threads and its really surprising that we have so less applicants this time..

Well still no response from the college.. and its becoming more and more bothering..

Hi Mindreader,

Same here, No response yet! And can u tell us when u submitted the app, i did mine on the D-day - 13th Jan.
Hi Mindreader,

Same here, No response yet! And can u tell us when u submitted the app, i did mine on the D-day - 13th Jan.

Yep buddy.. i did it on the same day.. well 3-4 weeks is what they need.. we can hope for something by the end of second week of feb..

Guys, same here ... R2 applied on 11th jan..still no news

Hey guys
I am an R2 applicant to MSU, has anyone got a call from them as yet?

Hi Puys,

Even I am a R2 applicant..
No reply from the college so far..donno whats going on....

Hi Guys,

Count me in... I too applied in R2 i.e Jan 13 but no news till now.. Anyone else got an invite?

regs,
Galtz

Hi Guys,

well, its almost been 1.5 months since the deadline, and we are yet to hear anything from them....
Though i do knw of a few ppl here on Pagalguy who have already received admits and also scholarships for fall - 09. i call upon them to throw some light into the process followed at Broad.

I have seen them in other threads, dont rem their names though!

hi all,

ne1 had broad for r2?? PLease share ne idea u have abt broad r2 decison

Ppl!!!

Had called the admissions office, and they informed me that decision mails will be sent on March 10th!! I was expecting an interview invite and stuff, but they said they conduct interviews only if necessary or if they feel there is more to be added to the application.....

So all the best Guys!! March 10th it is!!!! Jai Ho!!

skay_mba Says
As for the cold weather...... I really wouldnt mind...:

I hope you know what you are getting into. I have a relative who lives in the Grand Rapids area (which is just 50 minutes West and they get SO much snow). It is nasty and just makes me creep to think about.

But...an MBA from a good school may be worth it...I am hoping for an institution in the South...