Michigan Ross MBA 2010

Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the Ross MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. Regards Aseem!

Dear All:

This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the Ross MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful.

Regards
Aseem!

I'm in the boat for Ross. It is my dream school and well..it is dream

My profile is just avg for it
Indian It Male / 720/3 yrs wrk ex
decent acads/decent extra curricuars/ decent community

I was targetting EA but don't know if i'll be able o make it.Have to finish with first draft of essaya this weekend. Have not arranged for transcripts too till this time. Hope is all i have as of now

I'm in the boat for Ross. It is my dream school and well..it is dream

My profile is just avg for it
Indian It Male / 720/3 yrs wrk ex
decent acads/decent extra curricuars/ decent community

I was targetting EA but don't know if i'll be able o make it.Have to finish with first draft of essaya this weekend. Have not arranged for transcripts too till this time. Hope is all i have as of now

ATB Buddy!! I am also planning to apply to the first round but not sure if I'll be able to make it till then. Do we need to send our resumes also along with transcripts through post? I read some where in the application but couldn't undertstand it. Also, I didn't see any provision of uploading our resume.. can u clarify?

Me too hoping to meet the R1 deadline but havent done much on the application yet....lets see....

Profile:
GMAT - 710/6
7+ yrs exp in Avionics/Aerospace industry
acads - avg
extra curr - excellent
community service - very li'l

Nishant23 Says
Hope is all i have as of now

Ummeed pe duniya kayam hai dost....

To Subscribe

Hello puys, i am also planning to go for Ross and its already late for R1. So ATB to everyone targeting R1.
I don't know much about Tauber Ins of Global operations. Can any1 shed some light?

Do we need to send our resumes also along with transcripts through post? I read some where in the application but couldn't undertstand it. Also, I didn't see any provision of uploading our resume.. can u clarify?

puriaseem Says
Do we need to send our resumes also along with transcripts through post? I read some where in the application but couldn't undertstand it. Also, I didn't see any provision of uploading our resume.. can u clarify?

Why would you send transcripts now. As per page 15 we need to send originals before matriculation. That means our application would be considered even with scanned copies. Refer Pg 15/16/17 of application form.
Refer to page 18 of application fo resume thing
Why would you send transcripts now. As per page 15 we need to send originals before matriculation. That means our application would be considered even with scanned copies. Refer Pg 15/16/17 of application form.
Refer to page 18 of application fo resume thing

Hey.. which document are you talking about? Can u please post the URL here.. will help me in finding out..
puriaseem Says
Hey.. which document are you talking about? Can u please post the URL here.. will help me in finding out..

Also, when I enter my application, I dont see an option of uploading transcripts or resume. Please clarify.
puriaseem Says
Also, when I enter my application, I dont see an option of uploading transcripts or resume. Please clarify.

Strange !!!
See there are pages number 1-19 when you log into teh embark application page for Ross. Initial pages ask for profile.
Then pages 7/8- 11 includes essay.On each page, at a lower side you'll find an option to upload the document related to that essay.
Similarly you'll find Transcripts option on page 15-17 and resume on 18

And i'm not talking abt any document.It is the embark application portal.Just click on any part of left sid emenu you'll eb redirected to pages and you'll be able to see upload option IMO
Strange !!!
See there are pages number 1-19 when you log into teh embark application page for Ross. Initial pages ask for profile.
Then pages 7/8- 11 includes essay.On each page, at a lower side you'll find an option to upload the document related to that essay.
Similarly you'll find Transcripts option on page 15-17 and resume on 18

And i'm not talking abt any document.It is the embark application portal.Just click on any part of left sid emenu you'll eb redirected to pages and you'll be able to see upload option IMO

Understood!! Thanks Nishant..

Hello Guys,

This is for those who are appling in R1. In case of the optional essay what is the word limit? I do not see it in the Essays PDF.

I will be applying in R2 as I don't think that my essays will be in top shape by 10th Oct.

sunilchanchlani Says
This is for those who are appling in R1. In case of the optional essay what is the word limit? I do not see it in the Essays PDF.

No word limit is given hence i guess you can take the liberty but i guess you should not make it hard for adcoms.keep it to lower end of 300 or max at 500 since the max length for essay is 500.
it is one of those where you have to be smart i guess.
You still have 10 days mate and you are already done with 2 drafts. I've called it quits after 2 drafts.just don't know how to make them better.

Nishant Dude:

Dude ... I am done with two drafts for UNC only .... in case of Ross i am still writing my second draft because what I did last weekend was only first three essays and that is not so good. Even if I manage to write my essays, I still have to chase down my recommenders for this. So mostly i will have to push it to R2.

For ross 5th essay, i am anyway planning to keep it below 330. I was just thinking if in case there is a word limit of around 250 then I better take care.

KF R1 is cancelled because of the same reason and also because it is a binding EA round (I wonder why they are calling it EA when the first deadline in 23rd Oct 😞 )

BTW ... are you applying to Stern and Cornell?

KF R1 is cancelled because of the same reason and also because it is a binding EA round

Exactly,EA on 23rd.I completed my first draft for UNC way back in first week and have forgot about it since then.Even i'm waiting for 23rd to get over. I'm still in 2 minds abt Cornell.i'll not go for Stern. With Ross and KF in line, my mind keeps saying pick atleast soem mid range school. still not decided on mid range,though emory and Rotman are surely on way.
Hope to get my recos for ross by next week.My request for reco has been lying there for 1 month.Hopeful that i'll have some action this week.

@Ross applicants: any contact for a Ross Alum in india. A mail id woould be great.Please PM me in case of any info.

hey ppl.. I am in too for ROSS.....bt will be targetting R2.....

ATB to all you guys going for R1....

Guys even im trying my luck at Ross..Though i know its a very selective school bt its in my dream list...
just done with my two draft for Ross..