mica GE/PI-2007

hi guys, i have opened up this thread to get in touch with fellow call-getters like me and collectively prepare fr the d-day. hope to c u soon regards, devang

hi guys,
i have opened up this thread to get in touch with fellow call-getters like me and collectively prepare fr the d-day.
hope to c u soon
regards,
devang

v cud start with the micat....
some of the creative topics given in the last yrs micat were:
describing a cell-phone to a guy frm 6th century
explaining the game of cricket to a lady who s never seen it
cnt thnk of ne other right nw...bt guys v cud share our thots on these...
regards,
devang

Hi

Y do I see only 2 posts on dis thread? Is it running parallel to another thread for the same purpose?

Seniors please pour in ur experiences!!!
9. What exactly is tested in the MICAT, the group exercise and the personal interview?
All the candidates on the shortlist are required to take the MICAT, and participate in the group exercise and the personal interview. (i) The MICAT is a classroom exam of about 90 minutes duration, designed to test the candidates aptitude and orientation towards communications professions. (ii) The group exercise is given to a group of 810 students who will discuss and finalize their findings. It tests the clarity of the thought process, verbal presentation skills, lateral thinking and the comfort level of the candidate in a group situation. (iii) The personal interview helps to determine the suitability of the candidate for the PGPCM and the industry.
10. What preparation is required for the MICAT?
There is no special preparation required for the MICAT. We expect our prospective candidates to be well-read, innovative and intelligent with an analytical bent of mind. We also expect them to be aware of contemporary social and industry issues. General awareness towards marketing, advertising and business issues will be additional advantages.

As posted on their website.
Cant get much information.
Spoke to some other friends who got calls.
But couldn't get much information.

Any others who could share more information please.

friends we will have to do better than this if we wish to clear MICAT..one the topics i heard abt was..HOW WOULD U EXPAIN TAJ MAHAL TO A SIX YEAR OLD.. put in ur views on this and topics already provided..

hey guys...tell me one thing DO WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN THESE (ABOVE) TOPIC IN WRITTEN OR IN ORAL ???????

Hmmm....

Say the guys name is Animorph.
So i would stand next to him and call him Animorph. Obviously he will hear me and respond. Then i would move 50 mtrs away & repeat. He will still hear though faintly and respond (Assuming he's at the same place). I will repeat this till he cannot hear me say 300 mtrs. Then i will handover a cell phone to him and call him from mine from 300 mtrs. and over the phone i will explain that a cell phone purpose is to reach people when they r not physically close to you.

This came to my mind within 3 seconds after reading the topic and i myself rate it as a pathetic explanation. But hoping that ppl will take off from here and express their opinions too.

Even as i type this i find a loophole in my explanation that this can be the same for a normal telephone, so whats the difference between a cell n a normal phone!!!??:

Guys put on ur thinking caps and respond.

anubhav_ece Says
hey guys...tell me one thing DO WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN THESE (ABOVE) TOPIC IN WRITTEN OR IN ORAL ???????

v hve to write on these topics....
vl b most probably gvn 30 mins fr 3 ques..
regards,
devang

DESCRIBE THE GAME OF CRICKET TO A LADY WHO'S NEVER SEEN IT
some possible i/ps:
1. the basic aim of hitting a stroke in cricket is similar to the strikes in baseball...the difference being tht while in baseball u hve four bases, in cricket the pitch( striking area) has two ends-striker's end( where the batsman stands) and non-striker's end( from where the bowler bowls)....
2. the game is played by two teams of 11 members each....at any instant one team is "batting" and the other team is "bowling"- the aim of the batting team is to maximise their points( runs) by hitting the ball bowled by the bowling team, all over the cricket field. the aim of the bowling team is to take wickets( try and create situations wherein the batsman has to leave the game and his innings is terminated).
I KNOW THS DESCRIPTION SOUNDS ABSURD BT THS WS ALL I CUD CME UP WITH!

DESCRIBE THE TAJ MAHAL TO A SIX YEAR OLD:

a six year old cn understand and appreciate the grandeur of a palace...coz a majority of the children's stories are based on kings and their lavish lifestyles...so firstly will try and project "taj mahal" as a palatial structure;

cnt thnk of hw to project the building as a "symbol of love" to him tho'...!
regards
devang

parikshitjjj Says
friends we will have to do better than this if we wish to clear MICAT..one the topics i heard abt was..HOW WOULD U EXPAIN TAJ MAHAL TO A SIX YEAR OLD.. put in ur views on this and topics already provided..

..explain to her/him that it is like this huge vanilla icecream, which cant be eaten, but is so beautiful that you would want to preserve and cherish it forever..as huge as a ship and just as wonderful and just like the ship on water, this huge icecream of love gifted by shah jahan to his wife, also has its reflection in the water (yamuna river). .. and that u can only imagine how beautiful it will look :)...
waltz Says
..explain to her/him that it is like this huge vanilla icecream, which cant be eaten, but is so beautiful that you would want to preserve and cherish it forever..as huge as a ship and just as wonderful and just like the ship on water, this huge icecream of love gifted by shah jahan to his wife, also has its reflection in the water (yamuna river). .. and that u can only imagine how beautiful it will look :)...

hey.. thts a pretty cool way to explain it to a child.... kudos!!!:satisfie:

Hi there,
Lets carry on the same discussion in the old MICA thread. Little sense in using two threads for similar disussions.

Cheers,
Chinmaya

waltz Says

Cool..that was an innovative way of putting it to a child!..well done waltz

well the action has begun..lets all chip in

how bout this?

taj is a very big house.As your papa has made it for me , the king has made it for her queen. it is a very huge house, it has a garden in front with the pool. it is white in color similar to your shining teeth. there is a river behind the house.many children like you will be there , so we will all play togther,,,,BLAH BLAH

TAJ MAHAL........ (symbol of love)

if i wud have been asked 2 explain it 2 a kid....... here i go...

there was a king name SHAH JAHAH his wife MUMTAJ MAHAL like the way your mother, father loves you n you love your toys even shah jahan used to love mumtaj mahal a lot.
one day after returning back to his palace/home he found MUMTAJ mahal is not well and soonafter she leaves to god's place like your grandmother(sorry 4 dis) went when she was not well.

dont u miss ur grandma????
similarly king shahjahan also missed his wife because she had left 4 god's place. remember, we have kept all the things of grandma in her room including her pic which reminds us of her, shahjahan also did the same, he built this Biiiiii...G building called TAJMAHAL for her which reminds him of his loving wife.
Bz his wife's name was mumTAJ MAHAL he named the bulding as TAJMAHAL.

------------------------------------------------
****pUYS ur comments are welcome 4 this explaination

Well the point is we are all trying to potray it as a story which sounds good coz kids relate with stories. It can be improvised like - "Long ago thre lived a king ....and make it more like those typical kiddie stories"

So 1st strategy - Kids stuff -- Relate to stories what say guys? any other opinions?

In the previous thread sumone was asked- What would you do if the switchboard of this room has caught fire"

Ahem...its 10 seconds n cudn't think of anything innovative so chance is lost. Guess fr the sake of answering will answer the typical "Vacate the room & call fr fire dept" thingy.:neutral:

Explaining Cell Phone to a 6th century guy.

In that century, communication was very primitive. They used to put their ears to the ground to listen to something far off. Also, they had 2 coconut shells tied with rope to hear sounds. We start off by tying two cellphones with ropes and disguise them in coconut shells. Then we make the ringtone as a conch sounding or as a man yoodle-ing like tarzan. or maybe other natural sounds. Make some 1 receive the call for him and then cut the rope to explain the wireless concept. After that, speak to him and keep walking far off. This explains to him that this coconut shell is unique and is used for communication. After this , uncover the cellphone . Firstly, numbers. I aint too sure if number systems were developed back then. Assuming they were, give him the number and show him how to dial it. Also , use another cellphone and give him that number as well. After calling both , he ll realise that evey cellphone has a distinct number. If number systems werent developed, then use names on the cellphone display to teach him the same. Now that our man knows basic operations, show him msging by sending a msg as well as a pigeon from one cell. And viola !!! with the pigeon comes the msg.

I knw im considerin too mny assumptions.

Explaining Cell Phone to a 6th century guy

a magic device that can let u talk to some one far off having a similar device and balance i mean money...hahaha
DESCRIBE THE TAJ MAHAL TO A SIX YEAR OLD

a big beautiful palace with beautiful lawns and fountains gifted by a king to his wife after she went to Gods place... sor he loved her very much.....