Hi MICAspirants! We invite all GE/PI call getters to ask their queries and engage in GE/PI related discussions here. We also invite all GE/PI call getters to join the GE/PI call getters’ Official Discussion Group. https://www.facebook…
We also invite all GE/PI call getters to join the GE/PI call getters' Official Discussion Group.
The Media and PR Wing of MICA
@MICAstudents : Dear Team,
There is a doc uploaded on fb related to all the specializations offered at MICA.Could you please upload it here as well??
what is SOP? please clarify.
mera bhi same case h always had interst bt donno how to express
Mr. Nitin Paranjpe, CEO & MD, Hindustan Unilever Ltd and Executive Vice President, South Asia, Unilever will be the Chief Guest for the evening.
You can watch it live at http://www.mica.convocation.in/
Tune in at 6 PM today!
The Media and PR Wing of MICA
@pulkitsachdeva said:@MICAstudents Do we need to write a one page SOP as well, in addition to the SOP form?
@prachishukla said:what is SOP? please clarify.
@riazmech said:@MICAstudents@pulkitsachdeva hi.... My doubt is regarding the following,1) GE :- I heard that the GE at MICA is all about creativity and individuality... Can u shed some light on it??2) SOP:- A small guidance on to how to express a good SOP3) Attire and Articles:- Other than the mentioned documents , what else are we supposed to carry with us? and what is the preferred dress code??
The Media and PR Wing of MICA
Dear Team Interface, @MICAstudents,
1.Which is the most popular specialization out of 5 which is offered at MICA? Please rank them.
2. What is the percentage distribution(in terms of number of students) for each specialization in the current batch?
Please reply. Thanks in advance
Team Interface is happy to share with you some tips to help you in the final hurdle.
Hope to see you become a part of the MICAn story!
All the best!
The GE/PI process:
The candidates who qualify the written exam stage (MICAT) - Stage I, are invited to participate in the second and final stage of the MICA selection process – the GE/PI stage.
The SOP form:
• Candidates who qualify the MICAT are sent an SOP form (Statement of Purpose) which is required to be filled by them and brought along for the GE/PI.
• The SOP form contains questions where details regarding the academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements of the candidate need to be filled. This includes academic and CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. While filling the achievements, candidates should mention only those achievements which can be backed by certificates since they will be required for verification at the time of admission.
• Along with the above, the form also contains an essay-type question – The Statement of Purpose- essentially where the candidates need to frame their answers keeping in mind the following questions – why MICA, why PGDM (C), and how is it relevant in terms of their aspirations and ambitions.
• The form also contains a question on likes and dislikes – where candidates can mention their genuine interests and dislikes.
The Group Exercise (GE):
• For the GE, Candidates called on that day will be divided into groups to participate in the Group Exercise.
• The size of the groups can vary depending on the total number of candidates scheduled for GE/PI on that day. Typically, there can be 6-10 candidates in a group.
• In the GE, the group will be given a topic/task and will be asked to implement/execute the task in a stipulated time, ending with 5-10 minutes for presentation of what has been done.
• Typically, 20-25 minutes are allotted for execution of the task and 5-10 minutes for presentation.
• The topics/tasks are usually interesting like – design an amusement park for a 10 year old in 2050 etc.
• Also, all the material required will be provided to the candidates (chart paper, sketch pens etc.)
• 2-3 panellists will observe the candidates as they go about executing their group task.
• Candidates are evaluated on various parameters including – communication skills, leadership skills, taking ownership for the task, team building – team work skills, punctuality etc.
• At the end of the exercise, the candidates will present their work as a team.
The Personal Interview (PI):
• Candidates will be allocated to different interview panels for their PI and will be called in that order for the same.
• Typically, three panellists will be there and will have a copy of the above mentioned SOP form.
• The duration of the interview is not fixed and may last as long as the panelists want.
• Questions asked in the interview depend on the candidate and will vary from candidate to candidate. Typically questions related to the SOP form are asked – why MICA, why PGDM-C, academic background etc.
• The interview is basically to get to know the candidate better and to see if s/he is a good fit for MICA.
• Once the process is complete, two lists are shared will the candidates then itself:
Spot Offers List (SO): This list contains the names of the candidates who've earned a chance to get a spot admission to the college – yes, the final admission!
Merit list–cum-waitlist (MCW): This list contains the names of those candidates who have done well enough. The MCWs of all the days are collated and at the end of the process after all the spot offered seats are subtracted from the total intake, the top rankers of this list are given admission to the remaining seats and some/all others in the list are given waitlist numbers (which move up if and as any of the above withdraws his/her candidature).
• The whole process is likely to last up to 7 – 7.30 PM.
• The GE process is not an elimination process. All candidates will be required to give the GE and PI both.
• For GE/PI experiences in the past batches, following threads on Pagalguy are a treasure trove –
• It is wise to fill the SOP after properly evaluating and reflecting on oneself, it will come in handy during the PI.
• Get a book or anything to keep yourself busy, the process lasts the whole day and you may end up being idle for quite a while.
PS: The candidates and all those who accompany them (parents, brothers, sisters etc.) will be provided lunch at the mess.
For any doubts or queries feel free to ask away!