MIB in GGSb France

Hi All, I have got admission into GGSB-MIB course. I have a work ex of 2 yr as s/w professional. Can anybody throw some light on the course. The job opportunity it provides? What are the chances of job in India?

Hi All,

I have got admission into GGSB-MIB course. I have a work ex of 2 yr as s/w professional.
Can anybody throw some light on the course. The job opportunity it provides? What are the chances of job in India?

Hey even i have an admit to the GGSB mib, i've spoken to a couple graduates from the 2008 batch i believe, one interned with airbus, while the other interned with HP, however both came back to india and are working, where? i have yet to find out, but they both highly recommend the program and stated the econimic crisis for their inability to find a job in france, also the companies out there want people who speak french, fluently.:-(
Hope this helps, btw which intake?

Hi , yea even i asked so many of the student already enrolled in the course. The very first thing is it's a Msc in IB and the employer are not that eager to hire.MBA is all together different from it.I have finally deferred my admission to MBA sept 2011 intake. So i guess will be joining MBA in sept'11.
What's on ur mind?

I've decided in the MIB itself, the program is very well recognized and ranks 7th in FT so i guess its worth something, i've got an offer for the sept 2011 batch and im pretty sure im joining that. you sure on the MBA?

Yep I am joining in sept'11 MBA program....stay in touch.U r on facebook...?

hey sharkut ive msged you the details, keep in touch, cheers!

hey ppl!!
I just read the conversation above which you 2 were having.. M also an aspirant of the GGSB's MIB and aimin for Jan'11 intake. If you ppl can guide me, i wil be really thankful. Plz reply!!
Thnx!

What do you want to know?

Hi Guys.. I am Raja.. I am looking at the opportunities at MDIS after completion of MIB program there.. I have no idea regarding the scope of it.. Only thing i knw is that its ranked 6th or 7th in FT.. Please throw some light on this..

ggsb10 Says
What do you want to know?

I want to know firstly about the course. How good the course is taking into account the job perspectives and the curriculum.
Also, can one find a job there after the course or do we have to come back immediately?

In my opinion: The course is a perfect fit for my needs, im looking at overall skill development in an international setting and i dont want to specialize in a particular field, if you go through their modules, they have subjects ranging from marketing to intercultural management and ethics etc etc, plus the MIB program is highly rated by FT and accredited by all the major bodies (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA), so its really a matter of your own perspective,what do you want out of a masters, your interest areas, future goals and so on, i would recommend the program.

Regarding Jobs: I have spoken to a few people, all of them found internships with no problems, like i mentioned above, one interned with Airbus the other with HP, one of these guys is now working with siemens in bangalore, another person interned with amadeus IT(france) group and is now with them on a permanent basis, but at the same time some Indian students have conveyed their struggle in finding full time work in france.

One can definitely find a job there, internships dont really seem to be a problem, full time work can be a bit of an issue, previous students have told me that they give high preference to french speaking students, so learn the language thats my advice.

Hope this helps, anything else?

In my opinion: The course is a perfect fit for my needs, im looking at overall skill development in an international setting and i dont want to specialize in a particular field, if you go through their modules, they have subjects ranging from marketing to intercultural management and ethics etc etc, plus the MIB program is highly rated by FT and accredited by all the major bodies (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA), so its really a matter of your own perspective,what do you want out of a masters, your interest areas, future goals and so on, i would recommend the program.

Regarding Jobs: I have spoken to a few people, all of them found internships with no problems, like i mentioned above, one interned with Airbus the other with HP, one of these guys is now working with siemens in bangalore, another person interned with amadeus IT(france) group and is now with them on a permanent basis, but at the same time some Indian students have conveyed their struggle in finding full time work in france.

One can definitely find a job there, internships dont really seem to be a problem, full time work can be a bit of an issue, previous students have told me that they give high preference to french speaking students, so learn the language thats my advice.

Hope this helps, anything else?

First of all.... THANKS A LOT..!!!!! really man.. that really helped.. I am basically looking for a full fledged IB course.. So i think GGSB is the best for smbdy like me who doesn't have the reqd. work ex for a MBA degree..
Also, if u dnt mind me asking .. Have u joined the course? If not thn when do u plan to? And are there any consultants in Delhi who work for the college.. I came across the GGSb office in Delhi but ppl there never bothered to reply or even take my call.... So, please suggest some consultant or do u advice to apply directly..?

No problem, no ive not joined the course yet, ive taken up the sept 2011 batch at grenoble, given myself a year to study some french to increase my chances of post grad employment, yea they do have a delhi office, but i think theres only like one guy there,im guessing its mainly used for admin work not student support and theres no need for a consultant, i would advise direct application, its easy 😃

ggsb10 Says
No problem, no ive not joined the course yet, ive taken up the sept 2011 batch at grenoble, given myself a year to study some french to increase my chances of post grad employment, yea they do have a delhi office, but i think theres only like one guy there,im guessing its mainly used for admin work not student support and theres no need for a consultant, i would advise direct application, its easy :)

alryt... I was just thinkin of a consultant so that I could get some help in writing the SOP. u knw.. But I think i'll tryt myself then.. Also, do u know anything bout the part tym job scenarto there? I mean I want to atleast fund my livin expenses myself if I can..

dude trust me, even i went through the same thing, its quite easy, just take your time with it and dont rush it, i might have some templates lying around, will send it across if i find em, as for part time jobs i cant comment on that as i have no clue, but as long as your not fluent in french i doubt some locals will offer you part time jobs, and i do remember a previous student telling me that the course is hectic and requires complete attention.

ggsb10 Says
dude trust me, even i went through the same thing, its quite easy, just take your time with it and dont rush it, i might have some templates lying around, will send it across if i find em, as for part time jobs i cant comment on that as i have no clue, but as long as your not fluent in french i doubt some locals will offer you part time jobs, and i do remember a previous student telling me that the course is hectic and requires complete attention.

Hmmm.. that i strue.. I mean its a vry high rated course so it has to be hectic... but its gud in a way.. Yeah sure... plz send some templates across so that i can atleast start writin the SOP... m so scared of doin it.. :)
Besides can I get ur name and an email id may b?

Dear friends,

I happened to see the above conversation and I got 70% of my doubts cleared. I do have few more questions, please help me out if you can. In UK they provide 2 years of post graduate work permit visa after our graduation, is there something like that so that we can stay in France for sometime and explore our job opportunities after graduation? Is the knowledge of French language mandatory to get a full-time job there? I am planning for Sep intake 2011, I have applied for the course of MIB and I am waiting for the decision from the b-school. Please help :cheers:

hey,
In france there's no psw, there is an option of doing an internship for one year after the completion of lectures and if the employers are happy with your work they might offer you a full time position, knowledge of french is not mandatory, it is however preffered by local employers. I'm learning it.

Hi dude,

Thanks for the reply. As you will be aware MIB from GGSB is taught in various parts of the world. If we take it from London (LSBF) we will get 2 years of PSW. Which campus you will recommend for doing this course, London or Grenoble. Please be kind to give reason for the campus selection. Thanks a lot