MFC/MBE [2010] Discussion thread

guys, please share your experience of JET conducted by DU south campus (MFC/MBE) dept. OA: Flukes: Attempts: Cut-offs:

guys,
please share your experience of JET conducted by DU south campus (MFC/MBE) dept.
OA:
Flukes:
Attempts:
Cut-offs:

I attempted 156 questions.
Not a very easy paper overall as some questions in all the sections were tougher.However lots of sitters too.
Could have done slightly better but still an acceptable performance for me.
Expect 85-90% accuracy.
Some flukes in General Awareness but max 5-6 flukes.
Marking scheme +1,-0.25.
No mention of sectional cutoffs.

One ques for sweetgalshruti: When are the GD/PI dates likely?

gk easy..va and lr slightly diff...quant was helpless in the hall........outright reject...wt a paper??????

My Attempts

Overall Attempted: 160-165
Flukes:25-28
Genuine Attempts: 125-130
Difficulty level: Easy-Moderate

i took it so safely that a call looks impossible for me..
only 108 attempts (36-24-24-24)
others have done 150+ seems i am out of the race 😞

I find this paper on a tougher side(keeping in mind some of the mind blocking financial terms in gk& some difficult questions in quants)
GK-20/40
Quants-42/60
Eng-37/50
LR/DI-35/50
accuracy-85% approx.....
Lets c wat happens...

i took it so safely that a call looks impossible for me..
only 108 attempts (36-24-24-24)
others have done 150+ seems i am out of the race :(

I also attempted around 110(genuine attempt)

wat ws the cutoff last time?

attempted all 200, 80 to 90 percent accuracy.

Well,I haven't checked out the paper yet and hope to do it soon..Since this is the first joint entrance,so you can't think of expected cut offs and even in the last year,there was no mention of the cut offs..So what were the instructions?Any mention of sectionals and marking scheme +1 and -0.25?

All the very best puys...

Had an ok paper. Definitely not as easy as I was expecting. But people please don't get upset at seeing high attempts. Toppers har exam mein hote hai!
GK - ok types... some toughies
English- generally on the easy side but word meanings definitely inspired by FMS! RC was also tougher than expected but doable
Logical/DI - easy link in the paper definitely
Maths - Probability to CAT ke liye bhi nahi padha tha ! LOL. 60 Quant questions with Inequalities/Probabilty slapping me all over the place! Didn't expect this. But probability wasn't as hard as it seemed. A little logic and i could do some of them.

Overall paper was easy-moderate and unbalanced in Quant.
Flukes: 10 max
Attempts: 139
Cut-offs: I am not a MFC/MBE admin so no comments on expected cutoffs.
Results, I think will be out by 2nd april anyways. So, not much waiting time.
Cheers and best of luck.

sweetgalshruti Says
....Any mention of sectionals and marking scheme +1 and -0.25?

Sectional, not sure if any mention was there or not.
Max Q's>LR - 50 Q's,QU - 60 Q's,GK - 40 Q's,English - 50 Q's
Marking>+1 for Right and -0.25 for wrong answer

well all was not well today
roamed about whole bangalore to reach to the center that to 10 minutes late..paid 400 bucks also..
then started with the paper 15 mins late..(people were working on the paper as they are digging some gold)
then i started the paper
found paper tougher to moderate side..
quant-25 nightmare as expected (dont know abc of functions) jst did probability
gk- 30 moderate 20 expected to be correct
english- 35 moderate expecting 25 to be correct (jst the jumbled word wale 4 ques. i liked)
reasoning - easy 39 attempted(expecting at least 36 - 37 correct)
overall around 85 to 90 marks..if +1 -0.25 marking.
already out of race i know
may be due to reaching late but thats not an excuse to be accepted even by me...

Hi,
The paper was on the tougher side.
QA was full of Probabilty, Inequalities and some limit and integration from Calculus. DI&LR; section was the easiest of the lot. Quite doable. Verbal was average to moderate. GK was tougher than earlier years.
Overall I feel attempts of 140+ with 85 % plus accuracy should fetch a call. This is my view of the exam. Others opinion may differ.

Any coaching institute coming out with any info?

well all was not well today
roamed about whole bangalore to reach to the center that to 10 minutes late..paid 400 bucks also..
Then started with the paper 15 mins late..(people were working on the paper as they are digging some gold)
then i started the paper
found paper tougher to moderate side..
Quant-25 nightmare as expected (dont know abc of functions) jst did probability
gk- 30 moderate 20 expected to be correct
english- 35 moderate expecting 25 to be correct (jst the jumbled word wale 4 ques. I liked)
reasoning - easy 39 attempted(expecting at least 36 - 37 correct)
overall around 85 to 90 marks..if +1 -0.25 marking.
Already out of race i know
may be due to reaching late but thats not an excuse to be accepted even by me...

i think there were no late charges.
Anisen Says
i think there were no late charges.

I think he means he spent Rs 400 searching for the venue.
betun Says
I think he means he spent Rs 400 searching for the venue.

guys i meant 400 bucks i paid to the auto wala person..
first he took me to marathalli instead to mallathalli..?(i know he did that intentionally and was acting very sweet in front of me)
so had to go back all over marathalli..
and it costed me 400 bucks....
that to no use...
that is what happens if u get up at 10 when have to reach there at 10 that to without a admit card...hehehe...(didnt received it actually)
had to get it made there only and hence 5 mins more wasted there..
total 15 mins late..by the people would have had finished about 20 questions...:shock:.

puys,

as is evident it seems a googly was bowled this time around by including higher maths questions unlike last year. other sections as evident were on expected terms. the cutoffs mite just dip from last year but considering only 22 general seats in MFC and approx 136 general students were called last year, predicting it mite be a shot in the dark. but last year paper was a cakewalk and moi attempted around 180 questions. b/w the marks in the written exam has significant weightage in preparation of the final merit list.
just keep the paper in the backburner and chillax now while keeping your fingers crossed. all the best guys

regards,
instinct is not extinct
MFC- PART 1

kvikas Says
attempted all 200, 80 to 90 percent accuracy.

Oye Kya Khaake aaya tha ???
Anyways,Congrats...Considering ur attempts and accuracy,u are in for GD PI...

english-38/50
quant-40/60
di/lr-23/50:banghead:
gk-27/40
TOTAL-128
accuracy~85%