MET's INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT

heylo guys, I was going through the threads and It clicked , there isnt an active thread for our college, Even last year when i was trying to figure out colleges, there wasnt much information i could get from seniors through pagalguy on MET…

heylo guys,

I was going through the threads and It clicked , there isnt an active thread for our college,
Even last year when i was trying to figure out colleges, there wasnt much information i could get from seniors through pagalguy on MET MMS
So Here We Go :)

All the aspiring candidates of management , any queries, any help , any suggestions
Please feel free to post Here on this thread dedicated to MET MMS ADMISSION QUERIES & RELATED QUERIES,
wel be happy to reply :)
Everyone from MET here, will be glad to help :)
(the url
http://www.met.edu/iomprg.asp
is provided for further details)

Regards,
Aditi
MET MMS 2011-13

Hey aditi.... 2de was d 1st gdpi 4 met... Cld u help us out as 2 hw it was... Coz sum sed der was a wriiten test n den 3 pis n gd... So if u cld trw sum light ll b reali gr8ful....tia....

I have scored 94.68%ile in cet. Do I have a chance through MMS?? If not then, I have missed the PGDM last date i.e. 18/5/12... can I still Apply??
As you are from MMS, can u pls tell hows the college for exposure in Finance and placements?? As many ppl tell if u r desperate for a MBA degree this yr. then only u should join MET's and CHETNA's...... as they do not provide good placements....
As u r d student of MET u can bring a perfect thought about it...
REPLY SOON....

I have scored 94.68%ile in cet. Do I have a chance through MMS?? If not then, I have missed the PGDM last date i.e. 18/5/12... can I still Apply??
As you are from MMS, can u pls tell hows the college for exposure in Finance and placements?? As many ppl tell if u r desperate for a MBA degree this yr. then only u should join MET's and CHETNA's...... as they do not provide good placements....
As u r d student of MET u can bring a perfect thought about it...
REPLY SOON....

Well as far as making it to MMS is concerned.. its a bit difficult in OPEN.. But i think u mite hav a slight chance as the cet was difficult dis yr.. and d trend has it wen d cet is difficult ppl tend to postpone plans fr mba and cutoffs tend to be on d lower side..

as far as pgdm is concerned dat is somethin only office ppl will be able to help u wid.. u can call them up wid ur query.

exposure to finance is good. the professors are good.. some of them d best in d industry.. u hav plenty of support fr courses like cfa cfp and even as small as ncfm.. library is awesome.. placements as u know are not so awesome.. a bit cause of the industry downturn.. but there is plenty of oppurtunity for ppl who r good in d coll in terms of plcmnts.. d ppl who get placed usually see a decent package in fin..

As far as decidin to take a break or doin mba from MET or Chetana its on ur potential... if u think u can crack d top 5 mumbai coll or IIM next yr den sure why nt w8.. but other den dat i feel MET offers good return on investment.. hope dis helps.. tc

subscribed.

Seniors plz help us out wid d gdpi 4 d pgdm course... How it is... Do dey reali grill u... Is it more of personal o technical... Plz rply...

can anyone tell me when would they declare the list for pg ???

Can u pls let me know the avg. package for current year.... Finance.....

Well as far as making it to MMS is concerned.. its a bit difficult in OPEN.. But i think u mite hav a slight chance as the cet was difficult dis yr.. and d trend has it wen d cet is difficult ppl tend to postpone plans fr mba and cutoffs tend to be on d lower side..

as far as pgdm is concerned dat is somethin only office ppl will be able to help u wid.. u can call them up wid ur query.

exposure to finance is good. the professors are good.. some of them d best in d industry.. u hav plenty of support fr courses like cfa cfp and even as small as ncfm.. library is awesome.. placements as u know are not so awesome.. a bit cause of the industry downturn.. but there is plenty of oppurtunity for ppl who r good in d coll in terms of plcmnts.. d ppl who get placed usually see a decent package in fin..

As far as decidin to take a break or doin mba from MET or Chetana its on ur potential... if u think u can crack d top 5 mumbai coll or IIM next yr den sure why nt w8.. but other den dat i feel MET offers good return on investment.. hope dis helps.. tc

hi Nil88,
I know that this might sound very stupid but i could not find anybody else to help me out with my query.

I am in OMS category. Scored 70.44 %ile and gave my GD/PI - hoping to score 25 - 30 from GD/PI and my Par score is 3/6.

i know that there is no possibility for guys like me to get into MET. but would you be kind enough and let me know in which colleges offering MMS can i expect calls from ? 😞
hi Nil88,
I know that this might sound very stupid but i could not find anybody else to help me out with my query.

I am in OMS category. Scored 70.44 %ile and gave my GD/PI - hoping to score 25 - 30 from GD/PI and my Par score is 3/6.

i know that there is no possibility for guys like me to get into MET. but would you be kind enough and let me know in which colleges offering MMS can i expect calls from ? :(

its not stupid to ask for help,
anywys at ur score m nt sure u could convert MET, but dont be disheartened. U can try for vivekanand or thakur. M sure der r plenty of good coll u cud still try for. do some research based on past yrs cutoffs which u can get from DTE site.
Nirmall Says

finance has not seen 100% plcmnts, but those who were placed say an average from 4.4@hdfc to around 6.5@darashaw the average was around dis much only (crisil was 5.5) except for a few exceptional students gettin above 7. only relief for finance students was the packages dint go below dis.

N wad bout d hr placements

vagabond153 Says

well m from finance so dont know bout which is a good offer and all, dat some HR person present on d forum here mite be able to tell u. But Hr saw good number of companies coming for summers as well as final placements.
vagabond153 Says
Hey aditi.... 2de was d 1st gdpi 4 met... Cld u help us out as 2 hw it was... Coz sum sed der was a wriiten test n den 3 pis n gd... So if u cld trw sum light ll b reali gr8ful....tia....

Hey Vagabond, I wonder if anyone of us has been to college. Summers have been taxing a lot ! Anyways, I'm not pretty sure as to what they're upto for with the written test or anyting but as far as the GD and the PI goes, I had given it last year and my GD went chill. PI, I was grilled on my work ex part as the guy who interviewed me knew about my field of work, so he tested me deep, thus not meeting his expectations. Rest, it is the typical b school interview you can expect unless you realloy goof up. Have faith in your answers to make others have faith in them 😉 Reason being there is no strategy to go in for a GD and a PI. It is the survival of not only the fittest but those who're most adaptable to Instant surprises and changes.

vagabond153 Says
Seniors plz help us out wid d gdpi 4 d pgdm course... How it is... Do dey reali grill u... Is it more of personal o technical... Plz rply...

Same answer as above 😛 Can't post it twice ! Too tired !

Nirmall Says

No one really posts up the Arithmetical average in any college for that matter, but the companies which came have offered packages ranging from 3.5 lakhs to 6.5 lakhs for Finance. In between lies the average which you're free to calculate as we don't see numbers defining us, it's the profiles that matter, and to be honest, a 4 L package will offer you a profile wherein your chances of growth are a lot more than a profile with a 6.5 L. :grin:
vagabond153 Says

Of all that I remember, the highest that came for HR was Raymonds for 5.9 Lakhs. Apart from that TCS too came early in August/September I reckon when we just began with our college last year. Don't remember how much they offered. I know a senior who's placed in Intelenet for HR, so even they must've offered a decent HR generalist profile and a pay.

We are not aware of the exact nature of most of the final placements as the majority of the announcements are made on yahoo groups of every batch, so even if companies have come, at times it has been directly

Summers has been a blockbuster for HR and Marketing ! Given together, about 60 odd companies came for both of them in these many months. Finance has suffered a drought though.

For all those who'd have questions about Placements, please direct them to this Post on page no.2 of this thread.
Redundancy about the same question unnecessarily elongates the thread I had posted this answer a couple of months ago to an aspirant who asked me on the previously existing thread.

--- Talking about placements, wherever you go except for the No.1 college under CET, the scenario is the same. People won't disclose it, nor will admit it, but the placement scenario happens to be the same. I have several friends and friends of friends in other colleges of Mumbai and all happen to crib about the same thing.

Although here is where Networking at conferences, seminars with the industry people comes into picture. We've started doing that a lot for our Summers especially. The final placements have been a bit lack lustre primarily because of the reason I said of the economic slowdown which still persists and also the quality/quantity of students out here.

I'll be open to admit not the brightest minds come here, some have their own routes to get admission to MMS/PGDM and those few bright minds who do come on merit, end up getting themselves placed on their own calibre, rest would either join their family business or end up getting married.

Still, some stats for you'll, although I don't remember each and every company that came but will write down as many as I remember (final placements) :

Finance : Bajaj Allianz, CRISIL, Eclerx, Darashaw, TCS, Indiabulls, Network 18 ICICI AMC (Avg : 5-5.5 L)

Marketing : Kotak Mahindra, Airtel, Vodafone, TCS, RCF Executive, Network 18, Idea Cellular (Avg: 4.5-5 L)

HR : Raymonds, Intelenet, TCS (Avg : 4.5-5 L) 5.9 Lakhs by Raymond
Can't explicitly remember about Operations and Systems.

Eventually it's not the packages that matter, trust me, even I was under the impression of fat salaries immediately after MMS, this is very much common in Pre-MBA days, once you are into this course, you will realise how much a Good Progressive job profile matters as that will be the reason for your next job and not a High pay package right from the start with a stagnant profile. With a progressive job, salaries will automatically get fatter ! ----

Cheers !

Hey guys ty....

wht was d cut-off for MET mms last year out of 240? n wht is d expected cut-off this yr ?

Dis may sound reali reali stupid... Bt der r ppl 4 met who hav told me dat if u hav scored more dan 90 percentile in cet... 95% u r in... Is dat true....